Joe Jackson hospitalized after reportedly suffering a stroke on his 87th birthday (link included)

I do too Sheila.
And on his birthday no less! :eek:

I know he has had a few strokes over the years and seemed to have come thru those ok.

Last edited:
I really hope he is ok and will make it through, same as other times. I know some people get caught up in the memories of Michael's childhood and resent the man, but I am truly happy the two of them managed to mend their relationship. I was so relieved in 2001 to hear the Oxford speech, the part about the relationship with his father being one of the best. I'm truly glad Michael could see beyond his pain and understand his father's circumstances and motivations better.

His father's support at the trial (same as the rest of the family) and beyond has been steadfast. To this day these are some of the best moments from those terribly dark and turbulent times.

mjandjoej21.jpg

article-1327935-0BF9A459000005DC-917_468x286.jpg

They may have had a rocky start to their relationship, but Joseph (or sir Walter, as I like to call him) was there for Michael when it mattered most. Not only that, but Michael also got his work ethic, drive and determination from his father and also part of his talent, considering the early years with.....the Falcons (?), if memory serves me right.

Although strict in methods, Mr. Jackson ultimately tried to do what all parents seek - to insure a better future and a better start in life for their children, better than the one they had. And that is even more important when you grow up as a black man in the South during the deepest of economic crises. It just so happens that show business was the industry for them and their family would become the biggest musical dynasty ever. Even if he may not have shown it in the early days, I'm convinced the man was very proud of his children and he had every reason to be so.

God bless him!!!

Just read he had 3 heart attacks while at the hospital. Pacemaker install waiting to see if he stabilize.

That doesn't sound good. Joseph, thinking and praying for you, your wife and family. Please get better.

“To my family, friends, acquaintances and fans all over the world. I want to thank you all for your prayers, unwavering support and kind well wishes during these trying times. Through God’s intervention the wonderful Doctors, Nurses and caretakers at the Albert Einstein Sao Paulo hospital have taken great care of me. God willing, I should be able to make a quick recovery and travel back home soon. Thank you all once again for your prayers and support. ”
…. Joseph Jackson Sao Paulo

http://www.jwjackson.com/thank-you/

He's tweeting from the hospital?! Well, that's a good sign he's feeling a bit better, lol! People Magazine (online) reports he may be able to come back to the State on Tuesday, if he's able to. I hope so.

Last edited:
He's tweeting from the hospital?! Well, that's a good sign he's feeling a bit better, lol! People Magazine (online) reports he may be able to come back to the State on Tuesday, if he's able to. I hope so.

I'm 28 and I can't even figure out Twitter (and I've had it since 2008/2009?) :p I'm glad to hear he's okay. Joe Jackson man. Turbo Dude. Haha.

:hysterical: I'm a lot older than 28 and this is the only way I "tweet"...

I got Twitter around the time of the TII announcements (I remember because buying my tickets was my first Tweet), but all my old posts some how all disappeared? I didn't use it that much when I first got it, and then I stopped using it entirely for like 5 years. When I came back a couple weeks ago, everything was gone? I was talking to Q from the MJ cast the other day to try and explain just how foreign it is to me, and from then on I have definitely decided I just can't do it. So, now I have 5ish Tweets in 6/7 years :) Haha. Noooope.
Hah! She rocks in the treehouse all day long hopping and bopping and singing that song :punk:Man that's def. in my Top 5 fav. J5 songs.

Pull through Joseph.. It's a shame that this is a Michael Jackson forum with so little response to this thread while anyone else that has shared a room with Michael has a thread titled "so and so got sick" or "so and so passed away" there are so many pages attached...

Joseph many people have there thoughts of you, and like everyone you are not perfect. but thank you for the good that you have done!!

Pull through Joseph.. It's a shame that this is a Michael Jackson forum with so little response to this thread while anyone else that has shared a room with Michael has a thread titled "so and so got sick" or "so and so passed away" there are so many pages attached...

Joseph many people have there thoughts of you, and like everyone you are not perfect. but thank you for the good that you have done!!

:yes: :punk: I see it as proof that some people prefer to hang onto the bitterness, hang onto the HATE. If Mike himself made his peace with his father, who are we to keep shitting on him?

I prefer the minimal response. If one does not have a kind word to say, tis better to say silent and respectful; particularly in a thread such as this.

It's probably a representative or something, I imagine.

Jermaine Jackson
?@jermjackson5

Thank you for the love & prayers for our father. Following a heart procedure, he remains in hospital where he's doing 'extremely well'.
4:00 AM - 28 Jul 2015

Jermaine Jackson
?@jermjackson5

Doctors say cardiac arrest followed a mini-stroke. Thankfully, brain scans show it's 'not as bad as first feared'.
4:02 AM - 28 Jul 2015

Jermaine Jackson
?@jermjackson5

We owe a huge debt of gratitude to the wonderful surgeons, doctors and nurses at the Albert Einstein hospital in Sao Paulo.
4:02 AM - 28 Jul 2015

Last edited:
:yes: :punk: I see it as proof that some people prefer to hang onto the bitterness, hang onto the HATE. If Mike himself made his peace with his father, who are we to keep shitting on him?

I see it differently. Some people just don't care of Joe, thus there is no need to all of sudden to jump into hypocrite bandwagon and wish well to Joe.
Many people see Joe as child abuser and womaniser, not to mention his actions pre/post 25th June 2009, and him having a stroke doesn't change those facts.

Btw, Michael only welcomed KJ to his home unannounced, others had to make appointment, I say no more about that. It is up to you how you see it.

Personally I hope Joseph gets better and gets home. I know Michael loved him and gets a lot of his best qualities from him.
He's a lot like my own dad who did some awful stuff but I never doubted Joseph loved his kids.
I'm glad that people who don't care for Joseph are not here, unlike yahoo news where I have called out some people spreading some vicious ugly lies.

Even if Michael hadn't made his own peace with his dad, I still admire Joseph for the focus and discipline that he needed to get his kids out of a crime ridden and violent world. He delivered 5 professionals to Berry Gordy.

Last edited:
I personally am part of the group of people that doesn't like Joseph because he was a bad father and I believe that his bad father figure was a big part of Michael's numerous lifelong problems. Nobody can tell for sure if Michael really forgave him. The fact is he did leave him out of his will.

Nevertheless, he was the main force behind Michael's success in his early days. Had he not been such a brutal manager, Michael might not have become an artist at all. And I can tell for myself that my life would have been completely different, I firmly believe it would be different in a bad way.

I see Joseph more as a manager and not so much as a father. I don't hate him and I sure as h*ll don't like him. I do believe he was an important figure in Michael's life and he was the founder of what probably is the biggest musical dynasty today, as someone already mentioned. Should something happen to him, I do expect a rather big media coverage.

Billie Jean 78;4101189 said:
I see Joseph more as a manager and not so much as a father. I don't hate him and I sure as h*ll don't like him. I do believe he was an important figure in Michael's life and he was the founder of what probably is the biggest musical dynasty today, as someone already mentioned. Should something happen to him, I do expect a rather big media coverage.

Thats the thing, not many likes him because he simply isn't likeable person and I for one not going to pretend heartbroken over him because he really doesn't mean anything to me other than he was Michael's abusive father.

Btw, seemingly not many of his own kids/cubs likes him either.
"When I suffered 4 strokes last year, and was in the hospital recovering, only two people in my family traveled all the way to see in the hospital. My granddaughter Brandi (Jackie’s daughter and my baby girl Janet. "

Snippet from Joe's own website. Maybe they do more this time because media picked up the story.

Bubs;4101196 said:
Btw, seemingly not many of his own kids/cubs likes him either.
"When I suffered 4 strokes last year, and was in the hospital recovering, only two people in my family traveled all the way to see in the hospital. My granddaughter Brandi (Jackie’s daughter and my baby girl Janet. "

How on earth is it even possible to survive 4 strokes???

And yes, it is highly telling that he only had two visitors, eventhough his family is tremendous. I wonder if he realizes that he failed as a father figure. And if he does, does he have any regrets?

I see it differently. Some people just don't care of Joe, thus there is no need to all of sudden to jump into hypocrite bandwagon and wish well to Joe.
Many people see Joe as child abuser and womaniser, not to mention his actions pre/post 25th June 2009, and him having a stroke doesn't change those facts.

Btw, Michael only welcomed KJ to his home unannounced, others had to make appointment, I say no more about that. It is up to you how you see it.

You're proving my point, Bubs. Since when is wishing someone well hypocritical, unless you wished illness and/or death on them previously? There is no legitimate reason to keep hanging onto Joe's failures as a father if his own SON didn't. It's wasted energy for one, plus none of us were privy to the total dynamics of Mike and Joe's relationship, since none of us knew them personally.

As for Mike not allowing some relatives to visit him unannounced, I myself don't allow people to drop in on me without calling me first and I'm not famous, LMFAO!

Personally, I think it's important to live one's life as a positive influence in the world in what one does and says. About Joe, I feel as I would about any other person -- that I wish him well in a time of trouble. But no MORE than that. We can't really know what was in Michael's heart and mind. We DO know that he left his family out of his will, except for his children, and a stipend for Katherine. That is factual information. So yes, I wish Joe well. . . . . . .

I don't see why people have to be labeled bitter just because they don't like Joseph. Just because we're fans doesn't mean we have to like everybody Michael was related to, forgave or at some point loved, does it? Michael also forgave LaToya and what did he get in return? That she pimped out his kids to a Mr. Pink Drink and on her reality show. Michael was too good and too forgiving sometimes and people took advantage of that, including his own family. We as fans are allowed to feel whatever way we feel about Michael's family and other people in his life.

Plus, do you really think Joseph cares what we think or say (or don't say) about him on here makes a difference to him at all? It's not like he would wish us well if we were in a similar situation. Joseph doesn't care about us. Michael on the other hand did and that's why our loyalty and love lies with him.

How do you guys know Michael moved on and didn't cling on Joe's failures as a father? He carried the rest of his life the sequels of the abuse he went through and even though he said to the rabbi Joe changed and tried to be a better father, Michael continued to be terrified of him. I don't wish him bad or well, I'm indifferent towards him unless it involves Michael and his children but pretending there's no use of continuing to hate, to have a grudge, whatever you may call it just because Michael supposedly moved on would be hipocritical of me.

Just because we're fans doesn't mean we have to like everybody Michael was related to, forgave or at some point loved, does it? ....We as fans are allowed to feel whatever way we feel about Michael's family and other people in his life.

Plus, do you really think Joseph cares what we think or say (or don't say) about him on here makes a difference to him at all? It's not like he would wish us well if we were in a similar situation. Joseph doesn't care about us. Michael on the other hand did and that's why our loyalty and love lies with him.

I know that is the view of certain fans and it certainly is entitled. I believe there even was someone with that name or signature "here for Michael only"?! I know that the loyalty of fans is focused on Michael and I suppose it should be so, this is a site dedicated to him after all.

I wouldn't be quite as certain about the last part though - I think people would be surprised to know just how much folks in the spotlight actually follow up on the online stuff. That is actually a double-edged sword - one can let the hype get to their head if they read only good things or they can be dragged down by sheer negativity, envy and spite. Thank goodness all of us here are illustriously anonymous people whose problems or trials won't undergo public scrutiny and no one who never met or truly known us will ever comment on, right?

There is no legitimate reason to keep hanging onto Joe's failures as a father if his own SON didn't. It's wasted energy for one, plus none of us were privy to the total dynamics of Mike and Joe's relationship, since none of us knew them personally.

Definitely agree with that one, especially the end.

Personally, I think it's important to live one's life as a positive influence in the world in what one does and says.

I think so too. I also believe every family has its own share of problems, painful experiences and trauma, but most of us have the luxury of dealing with our issues away from the prying eyes of the world, unlike the Jacksons.

Same as everyone else here I care very deeply about Michael, probably more than I do for just about any other human being, but I also happen to care for the rest of his family as well. If that makes me persona non-grata, so be it. I'll take my chances.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I can't really be worried about Joe's feelings should he read on here that I don't care for him. I normally never speak ill of people, famous or not, but this is a man who would abuse his children so severly that one of them, as an adult even, would throw up out of fear just by the sight of him. Why should I care about Joseph's feelings when he can't even extend the same curtesy to his own children?

Back