Lifetime to air Jackson family reality series (3T)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivy

Proud Member
Lifetime to air Jackson family reality series

already posted

Last edited:
You guys... think about it, If Michael felt that his kids would be in danger and/or exploited, then he would not have left his mother or nephew as their guardian. It's not the family putting the kids out in the media trying to make money off of them, it's the media trying to make the kids famous and the fans too...following everything about them, taking pictures. Mind you, prince is an adult now and Paris will be too. Don't blame the family for what's going on. And honestly, you know nothing about what goes on behind the scenes so stop making assumptions and going off of what you feel.

If you go back to the late 1960's, race relations between whites and blacks in America was not the greatest. When a white man shot and killed Martin Luther King, Jr., blacks began rioting in many of the major cities in America. Only in Indianapolis, blacks did not riot, because of Bobby Kennedy. He was already scheduled to speak there, as he was campaigning to run on the Democratic ticket for President of the United States, during the campaign of 1968. Bobby, for the first time, in public, spoke of the death of his family member, President John F. Kennedy, who was also murdered by a white man. In fact, Bobby was wearing John's overcoat, to continue what John started, as President, before he was gunned down and assassinated.

White America was in love with the Osmond family, who appeared regularly on the "Andy Williams" show. According to Donny Osmond, Joe Jackson had his son's watch the Osmond Brothers, when they performed on Andy's show. Then the Jackson 5 appeared on the "Ed Sullivan" show in 1969. Because of the friendly rivalry between the Jacksons and the Osmonds, is why I believe Michael continued making sure his family always looked good and put on a good public image. It is why Katherine, who was supported by Michael, continues to do the same after Michael's death.

The Jackson Five performed "I Want You Back" on The Ed Sullivan Show on December 14th, 1969.

So the group of people that were attacking me for giving Prince the benefit of the doubt of possibly wanting to be on the show... What does that group have to say after Paris stated that she declined being on the show and they were never pressured to be on the show?

I watched it, with an open mind. There was painful honesty, and they seemed so sad to me. Clearly, the heartbreak of losing their mother that way has had a profound effect. But seriously? If they want to do an album, then plant butts to seats and DO one. Tito had a common-sense suggestion, which was, basically, if you're having trouble with song-writing, then select songs by other writers. Nothing wrong with that. (Michael didn't write Thriller or Man in the Mirror -- HUGE hits. Nothing wrong with that). They need to get it DONE. They don't even have to particularly LIKE each other for that -- just DO it. Except for the guardianship of Michael's children, they don't seem to have any visible means of support, but yet have nice houses, cars, and so on. Where does that COME from? These are grown men approaching middle-age, but don't seem to have jobs, and royalties can't be that much? If not for being supported somehow, maybe they'd have more motivation to get something DONE? As far as the family being a "dynasty," and having a "legacy" are concerned? I don't see the family as any sort of dynasty. There are TWO superstars (Michael and Janet), which is more than most families will ever produce. But that's pretty much IT? Except for Michael, and Janet in her own way, no one else in the family has come even close to that status, except as associated with Michael, i.e. his brothers when they performed together. No one has had a stellar solo career. The "legacy" is Michael's, and Janet's to a lesser extent. NOBODY is ever going to match Michael's excellence and charisma, but that doesn't mean they can't produce credible and enjoyable music, if they'd just get ON it?

(edit) I just wanted to say, two of the three obviously have issues with their weight. These are all good looking men, and really, it doesn't MATTER. They seem like good people, and that's what counts.

Your post is scary.

Call me pessimist, but I have always believed the high standard of living the members of the family have maintained because of MJ, particular because Katherine for decades has been taking from MJ and his kids and giving them, will eventually do nothing but fuel their negative emotions toward MJ once the gravy train stops.

They said before that their career suffered because of MJ, a career which died because of his struggles, struggles they repeated many times they had nothing to do with. Now we know that their mother died for being related to MJ. MJ also encouraged them to go into directing movies and nothing came out of this due to their lack of talent and ability, as with Wade and Safechuck. I can't help but ask myself what this family will be capable of after Katherine dies and MJ's kids decide to move on with their lives away from the family. How the family will survive really? They seem very delusional,expect everything under the sun for being Jacksons.How will they feel when they can no longer profit from being a Jackson, considering the fact that every member of that family takes credit for MJ's success even those who rarely saw or knew him.

Remember always that all those who accused MJ were once his biggest fans and considered him their God.

Unlike many of their cousins, Tito's boys went to university. They have managed to support themselves, but not lavishly

Two are employed by MJ's estate so how did they manage to support themselves?

Even before his death, it was MJ who gave them the opportunity to have a musical career, without his good offices they would not have been able to have a record deal, nor attend school or college. Jermaine's ex said Tito spent all the money he saved for their education after he separated from their mom. It was MJ who forked the bill for everything. They are in their 40th now but still have not done anything on their own.

Two are employed by MJ's estate so how did they manage to support themselves?

Even before his death, it was MJ who gave them the opportunity to have a musical career, without his good offices they would not have been able to have a record deal, nor attend school or college. Jermaine's ex said Tito spent all the money he saved for their education after he separated from their mom. It was MJ who forked the bill for everything. They are in their 40th now but still have not done anything on their own.

Your post went a little farther down that road, but -- yes. I haven't followed Jacksons other than Michael (or cared about them that much, except as I'd care about any other people). Michael was a PHENOMENON -- so incredibly famous and powerful, that it skewed everyone in the family. Surely not his fault, but there you have it. I think it's precisely that the family mythology classifies them as "a dynasty" (but, they are NOT) that's been so hard to live up to? I didn't expect to feel compassion for these guys -- or much of anything, really -- but I DID. They seem to be profoundly stuck, and are baring their souls on that reality show. It may be that they are using Michael's excellence and extreme celebrity as some sort of benchmark that they'll never achieve? And that has caused a kind of paralysis? It was very sad to see, actually. Tito's advice was solid, but they didn't seem to hear it? (his words were basically, use music written by others and GET ON WITH IT!)

If they have "jobs," there was absolutely no indication of that, except for the guardianship. (I mean, if they are employed -- at WHAT? Past royalties can't be that much, and there was no sign at all that they have a source of income OTHER than Michael's money filtered through Katherine) In other words, their uncle's money must still be spreading very widely. They all seem to be sensitive and caring guys, and that was good to see. What I did NOT see, is any sort of love for MUSIC. An artist (whether it's visual art, film, music, or whatever) works at the art because he/she can't imagine NOT creating. These guys seemed to see making an album as a disagreeable task, one that causes great stress, and something they are making excuses to avoid doing.

This also raised the question, as a kind of invisible subtext -- if they are living on Michael's money, all that must filter through Katherine, and it ends when she passes. What will all these people do THEN?

Your post is scary.

Call me pessimist, but I have always believed the high standard of living the members of the family have maintained because of MJ, particular because Katherine for decades has been taking from MJ and his kids and giving them, will eventually do nothing but fuel their negative emotions toward MJ once the gravy train stops.

They said before that their career suffered because of MJ, a career which died because of his struggles, struggles they repeated many times they had nothing to do with. Now we know that their mother died for being related to MJ. MJ also encouraged them to go into directing movies and nothing came out of this due to their lack of talent and ability, as with Wade and Safechuck. I can't help but ask myself what this family will be capable of after Katherine dies and MJ's kids decide to move on with their lives away from the family. How the family will survive really? They seem very delusional,expect everything under the sun for being Jacksons.How will they feel when they can no longer profit from being a Jackson, considering the fact that every member of that family takes credit for MJ's success even those who rarely saw or knew him.

Remember always that all those who accused MJ were once his biggest fans and considered him their God.

But none of them (3T or his other nephews and nieces) have a negative attitude towards MJ. Taj, Taryll, and TJ speak of him as an awesome uncle and a positive influence in their lives. They all speak about him with warmth and love. Not as if he's a god, but as "the cool uncle" :)

Putting them in the same boat as Wade and those other POS is too much. Not cool

But none of them (3T or his other nephews and nieces) have a negative attitude towards MJ. Taj, Taryll, and TJ speak of him as an awesome uncle and a positive influence in their lives. They all speak about him with warmth and love. Not as if he's a god, but as "the cool uncle" :)

They seem like good people, that just have been -- stuck, somehow? As the narrator said at the beginning of the show, the next 3-T album has been TWENTY YEARS in the making (or not making?). Nothing stopping them from doing solo work, though.

They were only positive about Michael, and it's clear that his loss was quite a shock to them. I can't imagine them doing or saying anything to harm his memory. I think they're doing the best that they can.

Tygger;4110086 said:
Very kind of @B_Marco’s (MJJC’s ForMJ) to provide these clips to non-U.S. fans.

Adding: I forgot to add Joe's tweet today!

@Joe5Jackson: I hope most of you got to check out my grandchildren's show The Jackson's: Next generation. I am really proud of them for taking a stand.

It is so refreshing to see the love, support, and positive thoughts expressed to the Jacksons online today! I would post some but, they are too many! How lovely!

The Jackson family continues to rise above the unwarranted harassment place upon them for decades. While the first generation has mostly ignored their detractors, the second generation has responded gracefully without lowering themselves to a level not designed for them. The first generation has never bowed to the pressure of others to somehow change themselves to fit some lessor mold deemed acceptable by others (read less threatening) and it seems the second will not as well. The first generation taught the second generation well and the first generation is proud of the second as am I.

Between the new music (remix and album) and this new reality show, it has been a most amazing and exciting week for Jackson fans!

Incredible week indeed :)

SheilaMJFan4Ever;4110123 said:
Death of a loved one (especially a sudden and unexpected death, ala homicide) can be a huge shock to the system and can bring about a lot of stress. I've experienced it myself and it is very REAL. Mind you, before his uncle's life was stolen from him his own MOTHER was a victim of homicide. For the same reasons some people turn to drugs and alcohol, some people turn to food to numb their pain.

You do a disservice to those that struggle through the grieving process by spewing hate towards them. Mike wasn't just a rock star to them; he was their loved one.

Exactly, they are family. Their relationship is quite different.

Autumn II;4110167 said:
They seem like good people, that just have been -- stuck, somehow? As the narrator said at the beginning of the show, the next 3-T album has been TWENTY YEARS in the making (or not making?). Nothing stopping them from doing solo work, though.

They were only positive about Michael, and it's clear that his loss was quite a shock to them. I can't imagine them doing or saying anything to harm his memory. I think they're doing the best that they can.

I don't think they'll do that either. Their loyalty and love for Michael is unquestionable as far as I can tell. They really are good, good guys dealing in the best way they can with plenty of issues. God bless them and their families!!!

mj_brainiac;4110099 said:

It is indeed unfair to them. The time may come when some of Michael's fans will have to do a bit of apologizing to many members of his family. Prince definitely loves them and I think that's what matters most at the end of the day as he said so himself - I love my fam more than anything in this world.

Although unfair to attach such sentiments to TJ, Taj and Taryll, Soundmind does make a valid general point. The betrayal has been all the more stinging when it came from those who professed their absolute loyalty. Turns out many people Michael encountered, young or old, male or female made a most swift transition from friend to foe. Everyone from media folks (Roger Friedman certainly comes to mind) to business partners to anyone who may have come in any episodical, seasonal or tangential contact with him changed their tune once their access stopped. Seems to me there was a great sense of entitlement spread around the man. Everyone thought they owned him, poor guy - from the fans who expected songs, videos and the knowledge of just about every single last detail of his life to those he encountered in his many voyages. People tend to forget the man belonged mostly to God, himself and his family.

Well the American public is only kind of familiar with them because of the Brotherhood album

Deja Vu was finished but Sony shelved it and Identity was released only in Europe with limited promotion

Taryll got tired of waiting for his brothers and put out his album online. I was looking forward to more solo material from him

Mike wasn't just a rock star to them; he was their loved one.

Notice how these brothers often refer to Michael Jackson and Uncle Michael with no confusion whatsoever as to who they are referring to.

It is indeed unfair to them. The time may come when some of Michael's fans will have to do a bit of apologizing to many members of his family. [/B]

Indeed however; many do not admit to wrongdoing. No matter, this family will be fine. It is par for the Jackson course.

Although unfair to attach such sentiments to TJ, Taj and Taryll, Soundmind does make a valid general point.

There is no point or logic in rudeness; it only reveals a stubborn ignorance. Oftentimes it is simply an online competition of sorts to see who can be the cruelest. Happens often on discussion boards for various subjects. As for those who sought to ruin Michael (and there were many), they were predators. Whether they appreciate his music or not is not of no true consequence as they preyed on the man.

This also raised the question, as a kind of invisible subtext -- if they are living on Michael's money, all that must filter through Katherine, and it ends when she passes. What will all these people do THEN?
-----------

hope they have guilt tripped the kids enough into providing for them as kj etc did with mj.

if they cant/wont do music whats stopping them getting a normal job like everyone else. is it beneath them or is it easier just to faff about doing nothing while mjs money pays. they remind me of the middletons in the uk

-----------

hope they have guilt tripped the kids enough into providing for them as kj etc did with mj.

if they cant/wont do music whats stopping them getting a normal job like everyone else. is it beneath them or is it easier just to faff about doing nothing while mjs money pays. they remind me of the middletons in the uk

Right. That's the invisible subtext. Michael's will certainly was a statement about what he thought he owed the family, and what he felt they deserved. He was wise not to give his mother a lump-sum, but a stipend for the rest of her life. But, Katherine is in her eighties, and soooo? Clearly she dispersed money to the rest of the family when Michael was alive, and it's fair to assume she's doing that now. When she passes, that will be extremely challenging for the rest of them, I'm sure, because the ATM machine will be OFF.

As far as 3-T are concerned? They do seem like gentle souls to me, and I wish them well.

Well, Latoya seemed a gentle soul also before 1993 and she was the closest to MJ. When their sources of living vanish after living large for all their lives, even they don't know what they will be capable of doing.

They can't be more closer to MJ than his own brother Randy. Randy did conspire against MJ when he thought his brother was going to jail. Instead of standing by him in his darkest hours, Randy took advantage of MJ's trust and vulnerability and not only stole from him but tried to deprived him of his assets.

All those rallying around the kids are not in need of money right now because Katherine is getting as much as she can from the estate to support them. So they have never been tested. We shall see.

Anyone who fails to take responsibility for his choices in life and always make excuses and blames others for the way his life turned, fits perfectly the profile of those who accused MJ.

I am scared of this family, that's it.

Last edited:
Well, Latoya seemed a gentle soul also before 1993 and she was the closest to MJ. When their sources of living vanish after living large for all their lives, even they don't know what they will be capable of doing.

They can't be more closer to MJ than his own brother Randy. Randy did conspire against MJ when he thought his brother was going to jail. Instead of standing by him in his darkest hours, Randy took advantage of MJ's trust and vulnerability and not only stole from him but tried to deprived him of his assets.

All those rallying around the kids are not in need of money right now because Katherine is getting as much as she can from the estate to support them. So they have never been tested. We shall see.

Anyone who fails to take responsibility for his choices in life and always make excuses and blames others for the way his life turned, fits perfectly the profile of those who accused MJ.

I am scared of this family, that's it.

I get your fears and most certainly don't want to see PPB taking Michael's burden and position of the family.
I was thinking Jermaine saying this:
"Michael did what a father should in a will - he took care of his kids, and he also named our mother. By including her, he included us. The lioness takes care of her cubs, and that philosophy has always been understood in our family. "

I wonder whether kids are being taught to similar philosophy, something like that they have to take care of less well to do fam members?
We will see in next few years if Prince sets up his own production company and how many Jac family members are employed by it.

On different note, does anyone know the ratings for first episode?
Did they get enough viewers that they don't have to pull cat from the hat and get Paris in it?

Last edited:
jermaines a 60 year old cub. he doest even realise how pathetically imbarrassing that quote is. Deary me. u dont know whether to laugh or cry

"it is about love and family", "it's about love and family" because "it is about love and family" For god's sake who are they trying to fool. Were they taking their other cousins to family gatherings at lavish restaurants before MJ's death!!!

They are taught to take care of each other. That means MJ's kids having the money are being taught to take care of everyone else, because everyone else does not have the financial means to live a decent life. WOW

I can't but wonder whether the "we take care of each other" philosophy applies or expected from everyone. Having in mind that the dads were mostly deadbeat even when they afford to take care of their children not to mention that during MJ most difficult financial times, Janet contribution to the family was limited to $ 10,000 payment, according to Katheirne's under oath statement.

Last edited:
Soundmind;4110373 said:
"it is about love and family", "it's about love and family" because "it is about love and family" For god's sake who are they trying to fool. Were they taking their other cousins to family gatherings at lavish restaurants before MJ's death!!!

They are taught to take care of each other. That means MJ's kids having the money are being taught to take care of everyone else, because everyone else does not have the financial means to live a decent life. WOW

I can't but wonder whether the "we take care of each other" philosophy applies or expected from everyone. Having in mind that the dads were mostly deadbeat even when they afford to take care of their children not to mention that during MJ most difficult financial times, Janet contribution to the family was limited to $ 10,000 payment, according to Katheirne's under oath statement.

New mantra philosophy for Ja family:)
Yeah, I didn't see any of them rallying around Michael when he was having financial troubles, other than Randy trying to make sure that Michael would have lost whatever was left. Its all about family and love who can afford it in the Jackson family:)

I still find it hilarious that they said in 1 interview they live in lime light and TJ is the above article
"TJ: It was different, because you are used to having cameras in your face when you step out and you’re “working"

:D

I wonder where that comes from because there isn't any photos of them in any media outlet/tabloids, unless it was something to do with PPB (re granny napping) other than that, they were nowhere:scratch:

elusive moonwalker;4110372 said:
jermaines a 60 year old cub. he doest even realise how pathetically imbarrassing that quote is. Deary me. u dont know whether to laugh or cry

Its pure comedy and have provided me countless laughs:hysterical:

one scary screwed up family.they seem deluded on so many levels.

Last edited:
A love for Michael in no way translates universally into support for his (numerous) family. Some people do support/follow them, and some (such as myself) do not, or at least, only on a case-by-case basis depending on their behavior and merit. I DO wish 3-T well, based on my impressions of them in that first episode. But, those in that family do themselves no favors by characterizing themselves as a "dynasty," and "royalty," when they are not either, as much as they would like to be. The family has produced TWO superstars, which is more than any family can hope to do. But that's the limit of the "dynasty." Nobody else has even come close, and probably will not. I highly doubt that 3-T have had much contact with paparazzi since the 90s. Why would they? Michael and Janet accomplished what they did through talent and a LOT of hard work -- a trait I don't see in 3-T -- bless their troubled souls (and I really mean that). I also do not see this as a "persecuted" family. MICHAEL was persecuted -- with false accusations, and a horrific and unwarranted trial. The rest of the family have at times been negatively seen, but that is based on their behaviors. Such as, Jermaine's attempts to claim a closeness with Michael that simply was not there (he was on the "do not allow in the door list") and to widen out love for Michael to automatically include all of his relatives, when it does not for all fans. There was the Taser incident, which was terribly unfortunate. There was the trotting Michael's kids on stage at the Tribute concert, and the nasty business with inviting (and uninviting) Kiss to participate. There was the Howard Mann contract, which was really, REALLY bad. There was the "vanishing grandma" incident, and the "Janet-cell-phone snatching" incident (there is video for that one). There is Jermaine's "cubs" statement, which was ludicrous wishful thinking. And so on.

Soundmind is quite RIGHT about Randy's behavior during Michael's darkest hours. I think a lot of new fans weren't around for that one (but I WAS, and actually was close enough to that situation to KNOW), and it was, in my opinion, an opportunistic attempt to relieve Michael of a lot of his money, during a time when he was fighting for his life. Truly deplorable.

So here's the thing. 3-T seem painfully honest on camera, and I hope this reality show helps them in some way. They do seem like nice people to me, as far as I know. But, Katherine is not young, and when she passes, this will likely be a family feeding-frenzy unparalleled in modern times. Michael carried this entire family on his back for many years, but that support will STOP with the passing of Katherine, and that leaves only Michael's children to shoulder that burden, or NOT. The pressure on them to continue that particular "legacy" will be immense. I wish for them the very best, and clarity of minds and hearts. . . . .

Last edited:
Yeah bubs. thats what soundmind ment.

if tarryl feels like that he needs to go and do his own thing. seems theres excuses all round for not recreating the group. you either do it if all three want or you all just move on simple.. seems like tito is alot like his father. desperate for them to do things when they have no heart and tarryl been held back cause hes prob been guilt tripped that you cant go solo. Cause what will the others do even when the others have no real intrest and tjs landed on his feet with his lottery win.. sounds all to familiar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back