he odd couple: Marlon Brando and Michael Jackson

Bubs

Proud Member
I only post MJ bit here:

The odd couple: Marlon Brando and Michael Jackson
As unexpected friendships go, Marlon Brando and Michael Jackson’s takes some unravelling. The pair met through Brando’s son Miko, who began working as Jackson’s bodyguard in the 1980s and is still employed by his estate.

Miko Brando: They were very close. Anything my father needed in the last few years of his life, Michael was there. My father didn’t have a TV in his bedroom at the time and Michael and I would come and visit him, sit on his bed and talk to Dad, and my dad would leave the room for a second and Michael would say [whispers], “Miko, your dad doesn’t have a TV in his bedroom.” And I said, “Yeah, if he wants to watch TV he goes into the other room, but he basically studies and relaxes in here, and reads and writes, he does his own thing.” And he said, “No, we’ve got to get him a TV in here.” Sure enough, next day, Marlon Brando had a TV in his bedroom, courtesy of Michael Jackson.

Using hundreds of hours of audio recordings, Steven Riley crafts a remarkable documentary that offers unrivalled insight into what made the actor tick

Stevan Riley: One of the very first tapes I listened to was a long conversation between Michael and Marlon. I think it was early in their relationship because it felt like they were testing the waters with each other and explaining themselves. But Michael was thinking about becoming an actor and had gone to see Marlon about taking lessons.

MB: The last time my father left his house before passing away, he spent about a month and a half up in Michael’s ranch, Neverland Valley. Just hung out. Michael got him his own chef, his own butler, his own housekeeping. His own rooms. He got him his own golf cart so he could roam around Neverland at his leisure and enjoy the flowers and the trees and the scenery and the tranquillity. You couldn’t get any closer at the end than those two.

SR: There were similarities: they were obviously both under the media spotlight, they were both imprisoned by celebrity. But Brando was arguably more adult. He sensed a vulnerable soul in Michael and there was a degree of empathy and nurturing going on. He had an interesting impulse to adopt and be a father figure to people. A lot of his children were adopted. And oddly enough, I saw some letters from Jackson to Brando, where he was calling Brando “Dad”.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/201...listen-to-me-marlon-miko-rebecca-stevan-riley

It's always odd isn't it? Perhaps they were just friends?

Everything is "odd", "strange" when Michael Jackson..

"michael Jackson strangely stood by as...." sometimes I want to scream out "he was sitting in on a couch how is that odd???" People hear that 1000000000 times, it gets in there heads..

Back