Has A Long-Lost Michael Jackson Game Been Discovered?

ILoveHIStory

Proud Member
October 12, 2015
http://www.nowgamer.com/has-a-long-lost-michael-jackson-game-been-discovered/

Previously undiscovered games are turning up all the time, and it seemed that we might have another on our hands as a forum user claimed to have found an incredibly rare Mega-CD game, Advanced Star Fighter Training. All over the cover was the “King Of Pop” himself, Michael Jackson.

Star%20Fighter%20_zpsw1nchvim.jpg

The game seemed to be a follow-on from Jackson’s appearance in a Sega flight simulator video, Scramble Training. The video had been produced at a time when the company had a good working relationship with the singer, who was also working on music for Sonic 3. However, when a highly publicised child abuse scandal involving the singer came to light, the simulator video and Jackson’s involvement in Sonic 3 were both quietly binned.

320px-MJiST_title.png

(Michael Jackson in Scramble Training is a piece of arcade software for the AS-1 motion simulator. It was first released in 1993, and sees Michael Jackson pilot a space ship in a training excercise.

Scramble Training is a very rare attraction. Shortly after release Sega quietly began to replace it with other AS-1 software, due to harmful allegations regarding the singer breaking out around this period. Only a handful of off-screen videos have survived.
This page was last modified on 6 June 2012, at 12:26.)

It’s always worth exercising a degree of caution over such discoveries though – particularly when someone shows a seemingly complete and sealed copy of a game that Sega itself doesn’t acknowledge. With no footage, telltale signs of photo editing and a cover that showed a dubious grasp of Japanese, this apparent discovery has been deemed a fake. Darn, and indeed blast. Still, here’s a video of that simulator ride.

<iframe width="800" height="450" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/E-uIFgj3GUI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Has sadly already been debunked as a fake..

EDIT: never mind, just saw that the OP concluded the same thing..

Last edited:
Wow, never heard or seen that Scramble Training simulator before. Very surprising not many people know about this.

I was doubtful as soon as I saw the cover. Seemed a little too polished for an unreleased game. Sucks that it's fake but what can you do. =/

It does make one wonder if they were planning on porting the Scramble Training game to the Mega/Sega CD in the future...

I remember they had he Scramble Training simulator at the Trocadera arcade in London, the simulator, shaped like a spaceship, had the licence plate number MJ2040!

I remember they had he Scramble Training simulator at the Trocadera arcade in London, the simulator, shaped like a spaceship, had the licence plate number MJ2040!

Whoa, that's lucky you got to see one in person. O_O I wonder where that machine is now...

Did you ever play it or know someone that did?

Back