Which do you think is the best commercial that Michael did?

My favorite is probably the "I'll Be There" Pepsi commercial where he played piano and sang with his little self-but that's the sentimental side of me.

The best one was probably the one with Alphonso Riberio-

(and yes, I didn't spell his names right).

^^That is a great commercial. How long before 'Black or White' did it come out or were they made kinda at the same time?

My favorite is probably the "I'll Be There" Pepsi commercial where he played piano and sang with his little self-but that's the sentimental side of me.

That my best one too have to agree with you.:yes:

I also like the Pepsi chase too.

Last edited:
My absolute 2 most favorite commercials that he ever did is the LA Gear street commercial. It is the only MJ commercial I ever remember seeing on tv. Which probably explains the huge obsession I had with the LA Gear high tops. That I had back in the late 80s and early 90s. My mother no matter how hard she tried could not get me to wear another brand of shoe. They always had to be LA Gear high tops. I even remember getting a pair of the MJ ones. I totally regret not keeping them. But they were my most favorite pair of LA Gears to wear. And I can still remember of what they had looked like. This is the only other MJ commercial that he did that I had always loved just as much as the LA Gear street commercial. I also think it is the most greatest Pepsi commercial ever made.

I just so totally L.O.V.E. how Who Is It was played through out the commercial. And I just so totally L.O.V.E. just how gorgeously hot and sexy Michael had looked in that commercial.

barbee0715;4131853 said:
^^That is a great commercial. How long before 'Black or White' did it come out or were they made kinda at the same time?

The filming of the LA Gear commercial (street version) took place prior to the filming of his ‘Black or White’ music clip.

More specifically, at the time of that LA Gear commercial filming, there were also plans for a new music clip that would have accompanied his greatest hits album (along with the LA Gear campaign). All these three projects were part of an agreement for a simultaneous release that never came to fruition.

During that LA Gear commercial filming, MJ was behind schedule with his greatest hits album & his new music clip. I mean that although he had finished the filming of that commercial, the other two parts of that agreement (album & music clip) were still up in the air.

This commercial officially aired on TV in July (1990). Several days later, & during the first half of August, it got also its theatrical release.

MJ & John Landis began working on the ‘Black or White’ music clip in 1991.

Dreams (who is it) has always fascinated me it's so exciting dark and surreal
And I'll be there..that one touches my heart.

Last edited:
I'll Be There will always have a special place in my heart for me.. the soul, and styling!!

I do love other commercials though

Back