"I'm So Blue"...A Song About Diana Ross?

Psychoniff

Proud Member
It's about Diana Ross:

0:49: ("But she left me for another man")

Michael even stated in his book Moonwalk on page 166,

"When I heard Diana Ross was getting married, I was happy for her because I knew it would make her very joyous. Still, it was hard for me, because I had to walk around pretending to be overwhelmed that Diana was getting married to this man I’d never met. I wanted her to be happy, but I have to admit that I was a bit hurt and a little jealous because I’ve always loved Diana and always will". ~ Michael Jackson.

3:10: Another dead give away that this song is about Diana Ross, is when he says "All my life". MJ did not love no one all his life but Diana sense he was a child. And I notice MJ said "All my life" during the song "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" as well, live, during concert performing the song. I catch on to MJ's secrets very well, lol. I don't know how I know, a gift maybe, lol.

^^Thats a secret?? Anybody watching the Diana special in 81 caught on to that. :)
I'd say there's a LOT of songs either written about her or sung with her in mind.

^^^^ I believe she did, very much so. :yes:

Remember the Time and Eaten Alive come to mind as well.

^^RTT always makes me think of Diana. Always. 'Eaten Alive' makes me blush like a tomato.

I've been looking around the forum and don't really see a section to discuss relationships.
All I could find was the controversy section.

I can’t heal, I’m holding on
You don't seem to love me
I feel I am your fool

"And in the attic’s bathroom, he posted only one telling item: a giant image of the 1981 Diana Ross album Why Do Fools Fall in Love—a title which I think points to his own reflections about his relationship with Diana. I found it significant that this was the only image that stood in isolation in all the rooms."
Jermaine Jackson, You Are Not Alone

51hSZ40nyML._SX355_.jpg

^^Ah, how interesting!! Didn't realize Jermaine had written about this.
I remember a life size standup of Diana that Michael had in his room. Probably around the Wiz time.

^
mj-and-diana-diana-ross-michael-jackson-8443579-600-787.jpg

If I were her (or whoever it's about, if it's an autobiographical song) my heart would break over those lyrics. But then if I were her I wouldn't have 'left him for another man' lol :smilerolleyes:

It seems she never loved him romantically back and Michael took years to get over her. I've also heard she used him for booty calls but it may be just speculations. Only him knew the truth.

I would find that one really hard to believe. But I do think the age difference was an issue for her. She had a certain image too and she was protective of that.

People made a big deal out of it and Michael was not shy back then about talking about how much he loved her. I remember the articles.

So many people including the press still thought of Michael as a little kid even when he hit his late teens/early 20s. So assumed it was puppy love.
I Still insist that's why Motown 25 and Billie Jean shocked the world because he was magically no longer a little kid.

^

If I were her (or whoever it's about, if it's an autobiographical song) my heart would break over those lyrics. But then if I were her I wouldn't have 'left him for another man' lol :smilerolleyes:
imagine being in her shoes
I would find it weird to be romantically interested in someone I've been close to since he was a kid while I was an adult. but maybe that's just me
Also, because he FELT she left him for another man, doesn't mean that's what she did. If he had these kind of feelings for her, naturally he would feel this way, even if they weren't in a romantic relationship
And its easy to say you wouldnt leave him, but that's just because its him. Heck, Im no better, i do it myself. But we've also never known him

Last edited:
^You're taking it way too serious, just trying to say I can't imagine breaking his heart (yes - in a fangirl type of way, lol).

Diana never left him because they were never together, I can imagine the song was inspired by the way he felt when she married so suddenly tho - but maybe not, who knows?

Back