What could MJ's estate do to make you happy right now?

Ms. BlueGangsta

Proud Member
This thread was made to discuss things that the estate could do to make us happy, and further cement MJ's legacy as the greatest artist and entertainer of all time.

-Dangerous 25 Boxset
-Collection of MJ"s short films on Blu-ray
-Bad/Dangerous Tour Blu-ray

And then after a while, another album ala Xscape :)

I'll take Triumph first, Destiny second, Victory third-and then a good official version of the Dangerous rehearsals-they're a million times better than the actual tour, IMO. I could watch them all day and night on YouTube.

Runnerup would be another Bad Tour or two-LA or MSG.

Officially apologise for what they did with the Michael album.

8701girl;4140854 said:
Not selling mjs catalogue!

Relax, that's not gonna happen haha.

Directly from a statement issued by the Estate:
ivy;4140777 said:
We would like to underline that the sale has no effect whatsoever on the 100% ownership of the publishing on all of the songs that Michael wrote, which all remain part of Mijac Music, as well as those songs written by many of Michael’s favorite songwriters, that he acquired outside of Sony/ATV. These songs include "After Midnight”, "Love Train", "I Got A Woman", “When A Man Loves A Woman”, "People Get Ready", "Great Balls of Fire", "Runaround Sue", the entire Sly and the Family Stone catalog and other songs. The Estate also continues to own its 100% interest in all of Michael’s solo master recordings and short films. There is no intention of selling any of these wholly-owned assets.

A Dangerous 25 like BAD25 would make me very happy.

New concert on Blu-Ray - hopefully a show with all songs - and extra material would be great. Fx rehearsal footage etc.

A Live CD album of the show. (maybe a mix of rehearsal audio if they have songs that was playback on the tour in great live versions - I mean the recently leaked Heal The World and MITM could be released with those live vocals!)

Dangerous album 2 disc like BAD25 - disc 1 - The actual original album. Disc 2 something like BAD 25, 5-6 new songs, some demos. Imagine eqarly versions of Heal The World, Who Is It, Will You Be There etc. - and if they really need to the max 2 remixes. - But I would like more demoes and less remixes.

A Dangerous doc. - Maybe directed by Spike Lee, but I would be glad to see any other positive MJ fan like Spike Lee direct it.

After that either

1. An all new album like Xscape - released the same way. - Normal edition 1 disc - and Special edition 2 disc with MJ's original versions and on bonus duet or something like that.

or

2. DVD or Blu-Ray concert release of some of the early tours. Triumph, Destiny or Victory - They should all be released at some point, so which one they release first does not matter to me really. - Maybe release it in chronological order.

BAD Tour 1988 or 1989 Blu Ray release
Triumph Tour Release
Dangerous 25
Ghosts Blu Ray Release
Making Of Thriller Blu Ray Release
One Night Only 1995 rehearsals release

Last edited:
BAD Tour 1988 or 1989 Blu Ray release
Triumph Tour Release
Dangerous 25
Ghosts Blu Ray Release
Making Of Thriller Blu Ray Release
One Night Only 1995 rehearsals release

Add unseen TII rehearsals, studio footage & BAD/Dangerous/HIStory Rehearsals and that list is perfect.. would personally also add the unreleased song's from 2002-2009 though

The only thing that would make me happy is to have Michael back with us. And since that is never going to happen. None of those video and audio related stuff that they have of him really matters to me anymore. I'm sorry but that is how I feel right now.

-Bad Tour on Blu-Ray (Rome 88', Berlin 88', Wembley *July 22nd show* 88', Liverpool 88' and L.A. 89')
-Dangerous 25 (with Dangerous Tour Munich 92', Tokyo 92' DVD/Blu-Ray)
-Moonwalker film DVD/Blu-Ray (North Amercian release)
-Ghosts DVD/Blu-Ray

It would be nice if they'd release more demos and early versions, especially of songs already released. What I'd also like to see are more home movies and behind the scenes footage taken during production of the short films, especially during the Bad Era. And yes, I do think they ought to go ahead and release Ghosts on Blu Ray so a new generation of fans can actually enjoy it!

Wembley on Blu-Ray.

New music.

Unreleased This Is It rehearsals.

New music.

New music.

I thought about this all day today and I've changed my mind. Forget the Destiny Tours etc. etc. What the Estate can do to make me REALLY HAPPY is:

1-FIGHT TOOTH AND NAIL and WIN the Robson/Safechuck cases
2-WIN the Thome case
3-Either win or settle for a reasonable amount with the IRS

The most important of the 3 to me are the Robson/Safechuck cases-too many many years wasted since Chandler started destroying everything that he gave his heart to and worked so hard for-I want total and complete vindication for Michael in this. I want to see his legacy live on unencumbered.

Last edited:
Rather minor pet peeve of mine related to MJ, but it ain't worthy of it's own thread nor did I ever see a thread that was relevant for me to post about it, but this is close enough.

I wish they wouldn't upload shitty quality pictures to the official Facebook. I always see them upload low-res photos (sometimes medium quality, and the very odd nice high quality pic), then I look at the Facebook of almost every other artist or brand and they're almost always uploading great quality photos.

BLU RAY SHORT FILMS...THE ENTIRE VISIONS ON BLU RAY. No one seems to care about the quality of the greatest. Fans here don't complain enough about it

BLU RAY SHORT FILMS...THE ENTIRE VISIONS ON BLU RAY. No one seems to care about the quality of the greatest. Fans here don't complain enough about it

I really like the grainy look of The Way You Make Me Feel. I think it suits the video

I really like the grainy look of The Way You Make Me Feel. I think it suits the video
So you think converting to blu ray will ruin that look? It'll just be better quality! That video was made to be a scattered,grainy look to it

Rescanning all of MJ's short films in HD, releasing them on a blu-ray box set and putting together a 2 hour feature showcasing the best of them for cinemas worldwide.

Release BAD tour rehearsals from 1988 ( tho that wont happen)
Dangerous 25 with at least 10 unheard demos. Again wont happen but can always dream

There are lots of great ideas in here, so keep em coming. :)
One idea that I have is an MJ museum.
It could either be in Hollywood or Gary Indiana, and it could be called Michael Jackson's HIStory Museum.
The inside would be red and gold, be very regal and ornate with vaulted ceilings ( MJ is the king/emperor of all music and entertainment after all), and would feature replicas of some of Michael's things such as costumes, certain pieces of furniture, etc.
There would be a lot of other things there too, but I don't feel like typing everything right now.

I may make a separate thread for this idea.:yes:

I don't ever want them to release his short films again in any way. with the way they edited/ruined some of them on the DVD release, what's the point? if it's gonna be like that, quality don't mean anything, really. I don't care how good the quality is, if the videos are not the way they were originally made. the problem is not that fans don't complain enough about the quality, but that they don't complain enough about the fact that they had edited some of those videos heavily

I don't ever want them to release his short films again in any way. with the way they edited/ruined some of them on the DVD release, what's the point? if it's gonna be like that, quality don't mean anything, really. I don't care how good the quality is, if the videos are not the way they were originally made. the problem is not that fans don't complain enough about the quality, but that they don't complain enough about the fact that they had edited some of those videos heavily
I wouldn't say heavily but if you could....explain to me the differences in visions & history vol I & II? & if its done a bit better than warner bros release then I'm on board...well i am regardless. & honestly rwy looked a bit upscaled on spikes otw yet rwy is the only video he didn't use the original film to for moonwalker

wonderouzdj2;4141509 said:
I wouldn't say heavily but if you could....explain to me the differences in visions & history vol I & II? & if its done a bit better than warner bros release then I'm on board...well i am regardless. & honestly rwy looked a bit upscaled on spikes otw yet rwy is the only video he didn't use the original film to for moonwalker

Courtesy of Wikipedia:

• "Billie Jean" – unwanted specks such as a lighting bolt that pops up by Michael's feet during the dancing scene have been cleaned up.
  • "Bad" – the full 18-minute version with the ending credits included.
  • "The Way You Make Me Feel" – this is the 9-minute version; grunts and extra noises made by Michael can be heard.
  • "Smooth Criminal" – this is the 9-minute version as shown on HIStory on Film, Volume II.
  • "Speed Demon" – lines at the bottom of the screen that look as if they are from a VHS are briefly seen at the end.
  • "Black or White" – the original version without the racist graffiti added on to the car windows and shop door is featured.
  • "Jam" – the "hoo" sound before Michael Jordan passes the ball to Michael Jackson is not heard.
  • "Heal the World" – has an added intro that can be seen on Dangerous – The Short Films.
  • "Who Is It" – has some parts of the instrumental rearranged compared to its previous release.
  • "Will You Be There" – the video is not the one on Michael Jackson's YouTube page. It is an alternate version of the one in Dangerous – The Short Films; a few seconds of the audio at the beginning is missing, and the ending is different from the one previously released, as there is no angel flying down to Michael; instead, he sings on his own, and slow motion shots of the audience are shown.
  • "Gone Too Soon" – is the version found on Michael Jackson's YouTube page and not the one previously released as seen on Dangerous – The Short Films.
  • "Scream" – is the version with the word "f*cking" and Janet's middle finger uncensored.
  • "You Are Not Alone" – is the version without Michael naked with angel wings on his back.
  • "Earth Song" – most of the sound effects are muted and the ending message is not shown.
  • "Blood on the Dance Floor" – the original version of the music video is replaced with the Refugee Camp Remix, as shown on HIStory on Film, Volume II.
  • "Ghosts" – is the trimmed-down 3.5½-minute long edit of the movie of the same name.
  • "You Rock My World" – full 13-minute version is featured along with original credits.
  • "Can You Feel It" – includes the ending credits.
  • "They Don't Care About Us" (Prison Version) – has a disclaimer at the beginning, plus different scenes than those of the first broadcast on TV.

Back