"Unity 4 the people" - Charity single by MJ & Prince

Mr. Norway

Proud Member
Could it be that MJ and Prince collaborated after all? I have been an MJ fan for a long time but never heard about this one. Below is one of the 99 items that have been revealed from Prince´s famous vault. "Unity 4 the people" - sounds very exciting. Do you think it´s real or not? And which year might it be from? Since it mentions the Elephant Man it´s probably from around that time, so when was that, does anyone know???

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Unity 4 The People” — Unreleased charity single with Michael Jackson. Shelved because Prince disapproved of Jackson’s intent to buy the Elephant Man’s bones.

Mr. Norway;4148575 said:
Could it be that MJ and Prince collaborated after all? I have been an MJ fan for a long time but never heard about this one. Below is one of the 99 items that have been revealed from Prince´s famous vault. "Unity 4 the people" - sounds very exciting. Do you think it´s real or not? And which year might it be from? Since it mentions the Elephant Man it´s probably from around that time, so when was that, does anyone know???

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Unity 4 The People” — Unreleased charity single with Michael Jackson. Shelved because Prince disapproved of Jackson’s intent to buy the Elephant Man’s bones.

I doubt it's existence because of the reason it was shelved.
And if it really was shelved for that reason Prince doesn't deserve to have a song released with MJ's vocals anyway. :no:

Sounds very tabloidish to me. I doubt they ever recorded anything together. We would know about them being together in the studio by now.

I saw this posted a couple of days ago on a website claiming to know the content of '99 secret items' found in Prince's vault.

It contained a couple of real things that Prince fans have known about for a long time, but a lot of it seems made up - I am sure this is as well (just look at the reason given). Just a pretty lame attempt at humor.

Lol that sounds so fake. If i remember correctly, the list said it was made in 83 or 84. Lol

Sounds fake. Here's some other items supposedly on the list which show this is partly an attempt at humour...

S.L.U.T. — Unreleased Carmen Electra project.

“Jupiter Ascending” — Shelved theme song for accompanying movie featuring Mila Kunis on saxophone.

“Jupiter Ascending” — Shelved video for accompanying movie featuring Channing Tatum in character as a breakdancing, space rollerskating werewolf.

“Jupiter Ascending” — Shelved soundtrack to accompany the video game to accompany the Jupiter Ascending film.

Sounds fake. Here's some other items supposedly on the list which show this is partly an attempt at humour...

LMAO!!! Oh yeah and one of the songs on the list was a track for Jared Letos Joker. Lol. People have too much time on their hands

According to popmatters, Prince supposedly returned to the collaboration project with the song "Wouldn’t U Love to Love Me" after refusing "Bad".
http://www.popmatters.com/feature/prince-and-michael-jackson-the-rivalry-and-the-revolution/ but that would be a Prince demo. It's clearly my impression that they never even got to recording each others tracks, and if the case, it would be in their own wault, not in the others. It would be nice if Prince had a hidden Bad recording lying around ;)

What I really want to know is what happened to their collabo that they were suppose to do in the History Era

Back