UEFA EURO 2016 France

Bad World Tour

Proud Member
Anyone here gonna watch UEFA EURO 2016?
starts today.

UEFA-Euro-2016-Group-Stage-Draw.png

Yes. Unfortunately, as an England fan, having Woy as manager is an awful experience. We should at least get out the group given three teams make it out each group now.

I think France will win it. So much talent. Pogba, Kante, Payet, Matuidi, Martial, Griezmann, Coman and Giroud does well for France.

Normally I look forward to these international tournaments (Euro, World Cup, Olympics) but my country shamefully didn't manage to qualify despite reaching the finals and semi-finals of the last two World Cups -_- I guess I can find another team to root for but it's not the same. I've always had a soft spot for France so I guess I'll support them. And Belgium because I live there now.

CjySZBHUUAExUZM.jpg

The last name of a male Icelanders therefore usually ends in the suffix -son (“son”) and that of female Icelanders in -dóttir (“daughter”). For example, Iceland's current president is Ólafur Ragnar Grímsson, his first name is Ólafur Ragnar and his father's first name was Grímur.

I believe the "ic" and others are the same.

2nd round starts today:girl_pride:

I've watched quite a few games. Very animated matches so far :clap:

Yes watching the UEFA Euro. I'll support Germany :clapping:

I've been watching many of the games and I've enjoyed them tremendously. Wonderful tournament so far, with a few surprises, especially all them late scorers. I think there have been more of those than in any other championship. It sure makes for awesome football :D

My only complain is about the route to the final and how so many of the mightiest teams will meet so early on. Take Italy vs. Spain for example - that's the kind of game that should have taken place much later. Oh, well......I guess we'll be spoiled with great matches throughout it all.

Did you see the game with Iceland vs Austria? I saw a clip on Sportsnet Central when the game is tied and a Icelandic commentator went hysetrical over the 2-1 win sounding like he's losing his voice or sounding like a child on hyper sugar rush.

Man that made me laugh that morning.

[YOUTUBE]CZ9XUFg5DhU[/YOUTUBE]

Did you see the game with Iceland vs Austria? I saw a clip on Sportsnet Central when the game is tied and a Icelandic commentator went hysetrical over the 2-1 win sounding like he's losing his voice or sounding like a child on hyper sugar rush.

[YOUTUBE]CZ9XUFg5DhU[/YOUTUBE]

Lol He was overexcited!

We (Hungary) were underdogs, some predicted it to be the weakest team before the tournament (this was the first time in 44 years we qualified for the Euro) and we made it past the group stage, moreover by winning our group that included Portugal. We also played the best match of the tournament so far with Portugal. Our team is not with the best skills, but they fought with heart and I am proud of them. Yesterday, they got beaten out by Belgium which is a much better team (some say secret favourites), but it was still a nice journey for the HUN team. Congrats to them, it has been a pleasure to support them in this tournament.

Altought i was in a noisy place the Iceland national anthem sound kind of "Holy" to me
heres the english lyrics

"Lofsöngur" ("Hymn"), also known as "Ó Guð vors lands" ("O, God of Our Land")

Oh, God of our country! Oh, our country's God!
We worship Thy name in its wonder sublime.
The suns of the heavens are set in Thy crown
By Thy legions, the ages of time!
With Thee is each day as a thousand years,
Each thousand of years, but a day,
Eternity's flow'r, with its homage of tears,
That reverently passes away.
Iceland's thousand years,
Iceland's thousand years!
Eternity's flow'r, with its homage of tears,
That reverently passes away.

Our God, our God, we bow to Thee,
Our spirits most fervent we place in Thy care.
Lord, God of our fathers from age unto age,
We are breathing our holiest prayer.
We pray and we thank Thee a thousand years,
For safely protected we stand;
We pray and we bring Thee our homage of tears,
Our destiny rest in Thy hand.
The hoarfrost of morning which tounted those years,
Thy sun rising high, shall command!

Our country's God! Our God's country!
Our life is a feeble and quivering reed;
We perish, deprived of Thy spirit and light
To redeem and uphold in our need.
Inspire us at morn with Thy courage and love,
And lead through the days of our strife!
At evening send peace from Thy heaven above,
And safeguard our nation through life.
O, prosper our people, diminish our tears
And guide, in Thy wisdom, through life!
:angel:

yeah Hungary 3 -3 Portugal was my fav game too

Euro%2B2016%2BBest%2BPlayer%2Bof%2Bthe%2BTournament%2BContenders.jpg

And he was right back to it :lol: during the game with England *

The politically-correct creature in me is not quite sure it agrees with his ending remark, but his passion for the game and pride for his country is absolutely inspiring and infectious. Bless him!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPpKwoCrEOE

Iceland IS the revelation of the games so far. They have been absolutely fantastic - the team AND the fans :clap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eB4enJocbQ

I guess the Nice location fitted them well lol. At some point they will go home though and when they do that I'm sure the country will receive them with open arms. They have already done more than anyone could invision.

* I feel sorry for the English players getting all that slack after the game and all the jokes about a second brexit in a few days; poor fellas, to be caught up in all of it........I'm sure they'll get over it though, they're grown ups.

They have really good players but don't play like a team. So I don't think they'll win. I guess Germany, Spain or Italy

I wasn't able to respond sooner, sorry. When I saw your post at the time Spain were still in it and had had their 3-0 win against Turkey which seemed to be the first game anybody truly dominated... so I was thinking them... now they're out lol.

Germany is of course a strong possibility. I'm thinking them, but they play Italy and their record isn't great against them in recent times.

Conte has Italy set up extremely well. They could well go all the way.

---

England out, ffs. Thank goodness Roy has gone. Just two years too late.

* I feel sorry for the English players getting all that slack after the game and all the jokes about a second brexit in a few days; poor fellas, to be caught up in all of it........I'm sure they'll get over it though, they're grown ups.

Don't worry. It's a long English tradition to go to a major tournament and play pathetic. It's 'Human Nature' to us English.

So much for Belgium being secret favourites. No wonder they were treated as such though, since they are ranked the #2 best team in the world now by FIFA. Oh, well...

Wales has a great team. I think they have every chance to beat Portugal and qualify to the final. Who would have thought?

With Hungary out now I support Iceland I think.

So much for Belgium being secret favourites. No wonder they were treated as such though, since they are ranked the #2 best team in the world now by FIFA. Oh, well...

Wales has a great team. I think they have every chance to beat Portugal and qualify to the final. Who would have thought?

With Hungary out now I support Iceland I think.

I was gutted when Hungary went out. More so than England lol. I enjoyed watching them. The best game of the tournament was their game against Portugal. They showed the sort of spirit England could only dream of!

Best penalty ever:

The top search recommendations for him are 'Zaza penalty'. That many have wanted to relive the moment.

Last edited:
That was one of the worst penalty series I have ever seen -_- Well, at least Germany can finally say they have beaten Italy in a tournament, lol.

[youtube]WN4jn_JEC0E[/youtube]
Will be rooting for France tonight. Allez les bleus! :)

Last edited:
LindavG;4154921 said:
That was one of the worst penalty series I have ever seen -_- Well, at least Germany can finally say they have beaten Italy in a tournament, lol.

:beee:

:lol:

Omg I nearly lost it seeing the game ... I´m not a fan actually but that was ...Jeeez!!!

If Wales go all the way, us English should retire our national team. Them winning it would make this tournament all the more embarrassing.

I can see them getting to the final. Although, I can't see them beating France or Germany.

Last edited:
You got your wish, Linda. I too hope they win it.

Força Portugal

[video=youtube;GrbNz8oWq7Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrbNz8oWq7Q[/video]

Allez Les Bleus

[video=youtube;PizRGObI6io]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PizRGObI6io[/video]

Cmym0F3WIAA1i73.jpg

IMO, the upper arms of German goalkeeper Manuel Neuer already won the EURO cup :lol:

manuel-neuer_maxsize_2048_1536.jpg

Back