Michael, The Nerd

HIStory

Proud Member
I love it that he was such a nerd. Post examples of his nerdy tendencies. LOL. I'll start.

Isn't Michael a geek or both a nerd and a geek?

Here's my contribution. I'll be adding pictures.

michael-jackson-superman.jpg

2r7bxw0.jpg

Awww-Don-t-Ya-Wish-It-Was-Prince-prince-michael-jackson-13063041-402-603.jpg

15q5bvl.jpg

michael_jackson_hulk_mask.jpg

Michael-Jackson-image-michael-jackson-36134812-648-720.jpg

Cr1cZafUAAIq3QU.jpg

Last edited:
^Only Michael could get away with it, he should have done a statue of himself dresses as Superman as well. :lol:

But here in this chat he talked about why he'd like to be Morph from The X-Men.

"Darth Vader was here the other night..."

This is kind of nerdy too. LOL.

I think this is pretty nerdy too - especially the bolded. Taken from William Van Valin's book Conversations at Neverland.

Sometimes I’d open my front door as I was leaving for work and Michael would be standing on the front step. He hadn’t knocked which I found interesting but typical. He’d just been waiting outside until someone came out. He’d say, “Hi Barney” in his quiet little voice, “Is it okay if I come in?” “Of course,” I’d
say, “But I have to go to work. I have patients waiting for me at
the office. Come on in and make yourself at home. I’ll let Criss
know that you’re here.” I would always ask him how long he’d been
waiting, and he would always say, “Just a few minutes” or “I just
got here.” On this particular day as I left, I remember asking his
chauffeur, Manuel Rivera, how long he had been there and looking
at his watch he told me he had been sitting in the car for about
thirty minutes.

Michael went in, picked up a magazine off the
coffee table and sat down alone in the living room in what would
become his favorite spot. It was a rather simple, cream colored,
velvet, tufted chair with black velvet piping and no arms. I went in
and woke my wife and told her that Michael was out in the living
room. She said, “Tell him I’ll be right out” which I did, told him
goodbye, and left for work. Criss told me later that she went into
the living room and said good morning to him and asked, “Are you
hungry, Michael? Can I make you some breakfast? Maybe a bowl
of cereal?” Michael said, “No thank you, Criss.” She said that he
quickly changed his mind and as she passed his chair he looked
up at her over his right shoulder and said with a smile, “Whaddya
got?” Returning the smile she said, “Well I have Cornflakes, Raisin
Bran, Alpha-Bits…” and got no further. He said, “I’ll have that.” My wife called me at noon to say that Michael was still there. The kids had awakened to find him in the living room and she had decided to let them stay home from school to play and keep him company. She said they were all watching cartoons and eating pizza. Michael had sent Manuel out to get lunch and snacks. When I got home, at about six o’clock, his rather nondescript blue van was still parked outside the fence. Manuel was in the front seat reading a book, patiently waiting for Michael’s next instructions.

Inside the house, Michael and my daughter Bianca were sitting on the floor playing Monopoly. The couch cushions were scattered all around the room. Pizza boxes were here and there and a few empty bottles of Martinelli’s apple juice were on the coffee table. Along with these were remnants of other board games that had been half played and abandoned for other games that must have seemed more interesting at the time. Cartoons were still playing on the TV. When I entered the living room, Michael looked up with a smile and said, “Hi Barney. How was your day?” I told him “Good thanks. How was yours?” He replied, “The best!” On one of his countless visits to the house I remember he asked me, “Barney, what do I have to do to get my children to grow up to be like yours?” I told him not to worry he was doing just fine. In fact, I told him he was doing an even better job than I was judging by how well behaved Prince and Paris were (Blanket had not yet come along). I told him “Your children are incredibly well mannered. They always say please, thank you, and I’m sorry when appropriate. I think they’re a good example for mine.”

If Michael came to the house he would often bring Prince and Paris and sometimes Gracie (their nanny) would come along to help out. She was very much a mother to Prince and Paris and was nearly always with them when I went to the Ranch. She was very good at caring for them and was as attentive to their needs as any mother would have been.

When I asked Michael why he would abandon his ranch for our small house in Ballard, on any given visit, he always gave basically the same reason: “I have company up at the ranch and I’m not really up to spending time with them. I know they’ll be well cared for by my staff and they’re free to use the ranch as they would their own home. I just like spending time here.” Michael seemed curious about how other people lived and though it wasn’t something he ever asked, I think he wondered if we did things differently than he did. I say this because of certain questions he would ask. More specifically, when he would use the bathroom off of the living room I could hear him going through all the drawers and cupboards in there. Curious, I’m sure, to see what we had in our drawers compared to what he had. He would also come out smelling like one of the colognes he found in one of the drawers. Michael would say, “You should never go around being stinky.” And of course, he never did.

Michaels Lover;4169963 said:
book nerd? :cheeky:
dac07abcfdbfb3d0340246eaa7db90af.jpg

If you read a book about Animal language, you have to read it upside down:giggle:

"More specifically, when he would use the bathroom off of the living room I could hear him going through all the drawers and cupboards in there. Curious, I’m sure, to see what we had in our drawers compared to what he had. He would also come out smelling like one of the colognes he found in one of the drawers. Michael would say, “You should never go around being stinky.” And of course, he never did"

Who does love to do a good rummage around others bathroom cabinet, or snooping around:D

I really like his geeky/nerdy side. I like that he loved to read and that he liked super hero movies like me. I like how he didn't put a big emphasis on what he was wearing (unless he was on stage and being the showman), even to the point where he would just wear colorful pj bottoms out and about. lol. I liked that he wore glasses towards the end there. I don't think they made him look like Mr. Magoo. Not at all. I thought he looked rather cool in them. :yes:

^^Oh yes, Michael and videogames go well together. As a nerd/geek he was, he should have been more involved on them but those bastards Chandlers pretty much ruined his involment in Sonic The Hedgehog 3.

B&W:
Can you clarify the rumor that Michael had in 1993 composed the music for Sonic 3 video game, for which you havel been credited?
Buxer: I've never played the game so I do not know what tracks on which Michael and I have worked the developers have kept, but we did compose music for the game. Michael called me at the time for help on this project, and that's what I did. And if he is not credited for composing the music, it's because he was not happy with the result sound coming out of the console. At the time, game consoles did not allow an optimal sound reproduction, and Michael found it frustrating. He did not want to be associated with a product that devalued his music...
B&W: One of the surprising things in this soundtrack is that you can hear the chords from Stranger in Moscow, which is supposed to have been composed later...
Buxer: Yes, Michael and I had composed those chords for the game, and it has been used as base for Stranger in Moscow. [...]

In September of 2005, an interview was conducted by HXC with Roger Hector, the Executive Coordinator for Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and General Manager of the SEGA Technical Institute for a number of years. In this interview, Hector reveals information about Jackson's involvement in composing the game's soundtrack. When asked about his favorite project:

'Sonic 3 (also called Sonic & Knuckles) was a lot of fun, but it was also very difficult. Michael Jackson was originally brought in to compose all the music for the game, but at the very end, his work was dropped after his scandals became public. This caused a lot of problems and required a lot of reworking. But the game turned out great in the end.'

The Buxer interview confirms that Jackson helped compose at least the chords for one song: the Sonic 3 credits theme. While Hector stated that all of Jackson's work was removed from Sonic 3 upon his child molestation allegations, many have noticed other similarities between Jackson's own released music and Sonic 3 songs. As Hector was outside of the development team he may have not had correct information.

latest

C8488926-41.jpg

Ready 2 Rumble Round 2

mjandme3.jpg
michael-jackson-ready-2-rumble-tale-of-the-tape.jpg

Last edited:
Scream is a visual nerdgasm indeed. I don't get how some people said they hated it, non fans I assume who are not into nerdy/geeky stuff.

Michael-Jackson-Scream-michael-jackson-15783097-512-336.gif

If I recall correctly, the animes are Zillion, Akira (movie) and Babylon II. I'd love to see a list of animes Michael owned if there's one.
tumblr_nu40eiueIE1r1c10go3_1280.png

tumblr_nu40eiueIE1r1c10go1_1280.png

tumblr_nu40eiueIE1r1c10go2_1280.png

Isn't Michael the most gorgeous pilot?

1993. SEGA develops a video game called "Michael Jackson's Scramble Training" for their Advance Simulator One hardware.It is a giant hydraulically powered flight simulator and Jackson is the pilot; he instructs the viewer on the steps to receive the space pilot license.

:girl_love:
F22.png

0EA.jpg

Isn't Michael the most gorgeous pilot?

1993. SEGA develops a video game called "Michael Jackson's Scramble Training" for their Advance Simulator One hardware.It is a giant hydraulically powered flight simulator and Jackson is the pilot; he instructs the viewer on the steps to receive the space pilot license.

:girl_love:
F22.png

0EA.jpg

Hi Michael!

raw

Besides being the best documentary ever made about Michael's artistry, having James Earl Jones aka Darth Vader, Mufasa, etc narrating your life story is the ultimate nerdgasm. Lucky Michael!

Back