What's your favorite MJ dance performance of all time?

Ms. BlueGangsta

Proud Member
Dance wise post your favorite live MJ performance of all time (or at least your top two because I know it can be hard to pick sometimes, LOL).:)
Now, go!:D

Last edited:
MTV Awards 1995. No question. His dancing in 1995 was on point in all performances. That's why I want One Night Only to leak/be released so badly.

MTV Awards 1995. No question. His dancing in 1995 was on point in all performances. That's why I want One Night Only to leak/be released so badly.
They actually filmed that?
I thought there was only rehearsal footage.
I have always found it weird how it has an IMBD rating despite never coming to fruition though.
Anyone know how IMBD rates that could make sense of this?

93 performances of Dangerous are my favourite. I love the dance he does from 1:40 to 2:10 in the above video. He dropped it from subsequent Dangerous performances which is a big shame.

Yup!! This right here. I used to have it on DVD and I was watching it in the lounge once. My parents came in to tell me they were going out, but stopped to sit down and watch the rest of it. When Michael finished, my Mum said "Wow. He really was something...".

Yeah he sure was :)

Smooth Criminal, followed by Thriller.

The 1995 VMA's are up there too. I've always loved Captain Eo too, really a vision to the future regarding his choreography.

I would say MTV 10th anniversary and then, as close second, MTV '95 performance. I actually hate it to make a Michael list, because it makes me feel like other things about MJ that don't make it to the list, like in this case his live dancing, isn't appreciated at all. Michael's performances and dancing skills were incredible and each choreography has its own unique style.

Live, for me, would be APOM and Shake Your Body down to the Ground. Dancing Machine was pretty great also tho.

On video it will always be BAD. Oh, how I love that.

When it comes to simply crisp movement I'll have to bring up MTV 1995 as well, but if I'm going to talk pure cool movements that could go anywhere.. I mean there are a handful and dancing that is just beyond anything.. and also depending on what type of dancing I'm looking at!

Best live performaces in mine opinion would be :
- Another Part of Me
- Workin' Day and Night (I like Dangerous tour version better)
- Off the Wall Medley
- Pretty much everything from Bad 87

Jam London 1992 is another one. The best Jam performance imo. I love the dancing.

I think the the Drill and Dance accompanied with They Don't Really Care About Us in both the history tour, and this is it rehearsals, was one of his greatest.

Smooth Criminal and Dangerous

Last edited:
Back