Post your fave song (or part of a song) where Michael uses his upper register.

Ms. BlueGangsta

Proud Member
Post your fave song(s) (or part(s) of a song) where Michael uses his upper register (that means his higher singing voice for those that might not know what upper register means).:D

For starters, I myself really like that part of Earth Song where he goes "woo!" A few times.

Last edited:
One is Human Nature. The "Why oh Why" bit. Love that.

Great thread.

As much as I love falsetto songs, Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough, Someone Put Your Hand Out.
I love it when Michael surprises you with his upper register, Smooth Criminal, Speed Demon. It just takes a song to the next level
He had such a fantastic falsetto and he used it perfectly.

Great thread.

As much as I love falsetto songs, Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough, Someone Put Your Hand Out.
I love it when Michael surprises you with his upper register, Smooth Criminal, Speed Demon. It just takes a song to the next level
He had such a fantastic falsetto and he used it perfectly.

You are absolutely right! I so agree with you. He didin't excessively use his falsetto he was very selective with it and whenever he used it emphazied and enchanced the mood and feeling of the song.

Wanna Be Starting Something is a song that instantly came to mind. His head voice is so strong in this song it's incredible. honorable mentiosn are

Blood On The Dancefloor
Baby Be Mine
Dirty Diana
The Way You Make Me Feel

Butterflies...
I love his use of his upper register in that song too!

He didin't excessively use his falsetto he was very selective with it and whenever he used it emphazied and enchanced the mood and feeling of the song.
He was an amazing vocalist.
Many people try to imitate his falsetto, but no one can 100% sound like him because his voice was so beautiful and unique.:)

Back