Your Most Desired MJ Concert Releases

AO98

Proud Member
What Michael Jackson concerts would you like to see officially released?

It can be from any tour: The Jackson 5 tours, the pre-Destiny Jacksons tours, the Destiny Tour, Triumph Tour, Victory Tour, Bad Tour, Dangerous Tour, History Tour, etc. Stand-alone concerts like Royal Brunei 96, MJ & Friends, 30th Anniversary Celebration, Apollo 2002, etc. are also options. There are so many possibilities for concert releases.

You can list as many concerts as you want. If you wanna list 1 or do a "Top 5" or "Top 10" thing or even write "Every concert" or something like that, feel free to.

I'm still putting together my list of what concerts I would like to see released, so once I finish it, I'll edit into the post or write in the comment section.

Madison Square Garden 1988 - Smooth Criminal was sung live that night

All of them, except the leaked ones (maybe in better quality).

Any concert seen in this:

Bad Tour in HD would be the best release ever.

Madison Square Garden 1988 - Smooth Criminal was sung live that night

I second this!!

From a personal point of view, I would love to see Liverpool 88 released as it only like 30 minutes away from where I live.

Munich 92, Monza 92 looks incredible maybe a Triumph Tour gig but only after BAD Tour New York. One can dream I suppose

A J5 concert from one of their early tours. Also HIStory Tour Prague and HIStory Tour august 29 Copenhagen. Because I was at those 2 concerts, and those are the only 2 out of 4 I was at that we don't have on video

1. Destiny tour 1979 (any concert from the 3rd leg)
2. Triumph Tour LA 1981
4. Bad tour NY 1988
5. History tour Bremen 1997

My two cents on this subject:
Michael is one of the greatest if not THE greatest performer in the history of popular music. Thus the correct question should be why on earth all of his concerts and special performances haven't been released officially yet???

I cannot get over this fact, really...

2nd leg show of the Destiny Tour & a triumph concert.

Bad Tour Kansas City 1988 (first night). I think the entire concert might have been live.

Dangerous Tour Monza 1992 (2nd night)

Bonus: Man In The Mirror from united we stand 2001

-Bad Tour New York 1988

-Dangerous Tour 1992 Tokyo. The one with The Way You Make Me Feel and Bad.

-Victory Tour. Any of these:

1. Any Destiny Tour show that has off the wall, rock with you and whatever other rare songs that we haven't seen in full.

2. Any Triumph Tour show in full and HD. Preferably with walk right now in the set list.

3. Victory Tour show with MJ wearing a rare outfit.

4. Bad Tour USA any show but preferably LA.

I'm more so interested in rehearsal footage from 1978 through 1984. Anybody have info??

I want the Triumph Tour that they used for Spike's doc and Sylvia Chase's interview (anything in good quality-doesn't have to be HD)
The Triumph Tour where he's wearing the red pants and the white shirt with fringe
Jackson 5 at the LA Forum
A good Victory Tour
A good Destiny Tour (fun to have the first and last leg)
BAD MSG
BAD LA 89

Maybe the Dangerous Tour that was on BBC-heard it was much better than the US version

Bonus: Motown 25 rehearsal :)

The Jacksons in Oakland ’79 (the performance of Don’t Stop Til You Get Enough from the Off The Wall documentary is from this show as well as the live performance of Off The Wall that’s on Youtube)

The Jacksons At The Forum ’81- we’ve seen footage in the Number Ones special and the Off The Wall documentary, and some of it was even used in montages like the “Where It Started, Where It Went, Where It’s Going”. It’s been registered with the US Library of Congress since 1981. Put it out finally!

The Victory Tour- if its from the same source as the Billie Jean Live in Concert video, I want that show

Bad Tour in New York City- as stated by others in the group

Bad Tour Live in Wembley- the film masters exist. Locate them and put it out

If….and I mean IF they plan on putting a HIStory tour release out, it doesn’t have to be from a particular show. Compile the best performances from various shows and just title it “Michael Jackson: HIStory- Live in Concert”

- Any Destiny and Triumph Tour concert where Michael wears the classic white shiny rhinestone or black glove!

- The Victory Tour: The concert, or rehearsal, where Michael wears the gold/silver pants, first Kansas City concert, and a Los Angeles concert!

- For the Bad Tour: Some early second leg USA concerts like Kansas City and New York for obvious reasons, Los Angeles 1988, Tokyo (new year concert), and the last concert of the tour in Los Angeles!

- For the Dangerous Tour: Both Rotterdam concerts, Rome, first night in Monza, Cologne, the rest of Oslo, Copenhagen, Hamelin, Leeds, Vienna, Bayreuth, Berlin, Lausanne, Lisbon, Tokyo (the concert where he sung Bad first verse live; same one MJ Beats released for The Way You Make Me Feel), another Tokyo (the new year concert), the first concert of the second leg in Bangkok, and Moscow!

- For the HIStory Tour: Warsaw, the first night in Amsterdam 1996, Mumbai, an Australian concert, a concert in Fukuoka, both dates in Hawaii, first concert of the second leg in Bremen, the second but last night in Amsterdam 1997, Luxembourg, Sheffield, the last concert in Wembley, Nice, Berlin, Leipzig, Hockenheim, Oslo, Tallinn, the other night in Helsinki, Valladolid, and all the South African concerts!

- For a bonus, Man In The Mirror at the United We Stand concert, and A Night At The Apollo on video would be nice!

That's a very large list right there, but I listed the ones I want released. Rehearsal footage of every performance and concert would be nice also! :)

The rehearsals from HBO One Night Only

2001 Unites We Stand concert (or was it 2002?)

BAD - Madison Square Garden - and maybe the one where he left stage and climped the fence - was it Tokyo or what was it? - A BAD concert from 87, 88 and 89 would be great. - The one with Stewie Wonder would be great too.

Victory

Triumph

DWT - Wembley og maybe Tokyo

ASO - History concert from his Birthday - as I was in the audience. - That would be very special, and the surprise was great and the crowd singing happy birthday.

ANY CONCERT SHOT ON FILM
Triumph tour LA
Victory tour Chicago
BAD tour Leeds/Wembley Concerts
Or
Dangerous tour Wembley (even if it's not on film, mj was on fire)

The final Bad Tour concert. I wanna see final live performances of APOM & Heartbreak Hotel.

Bad Tour concert at MSG 88 where Smooth Criminal and The Way You Make Me Feel were sung live.

Triumph tour concert with the Walk Right Now in set list.

Dangerous Tokyo 1992. I believe TWYMMF & Bad were part of the set list at this show.

Last edited:
Which concert was it where MJ left the stage and climbed the fence?

I really would prefer rehearsals. Victory Tour Rehearsals or Bad Tour USA Rehearsals. Even the bad tour Japan rehearsals from 1987 would be great.

Concert wise though it's only Bad MSG that I want to see. And maybe Victory Tour LA.

Just to answer other points, the concert where MJ climbs the fence is available and I've seen it, I think it's one of the early Osaka concerts or maybe Tokyo, I used to have it on VHS but not anymore.

Dangerous tour BBC version can be found online also. You don't need to wish for it ?

Here's the list of I really wanted to be released:

- Bad Tour Rehearsal Pensecola 1988
- Bad Tour Minneapolis 1988
- Bad Tour Rome 1988 (Bad Tour European Premiere in full complete show)
- Bad Tour Berlin 1988
- Bad Tour Wembley 1988 (July 22nd show)
- Bad Tour Liverpool 1988
- Bad Tour Los Angeles 1989 (Bad Tour Finale)

- Dangerous Tour Munich 1992 (Dangerous Tour Premiere)
- Dangerous Tour-Tokyo 1992 (with "The Way You Make Me Feel" & "Bad" tracks)

-HIStory Tour Warsaw 1996
-HIStory Tour Copenhagen 1997 (Michael's Birthday show)

I still want the 2001 show from Madison Square Garden. A few people have posted clips in 60fps HD quality on YouTube.

Back