Reggae

janena

Guests
Any one else on here interested in different reggae artists suck as Peter Tosh, Bob Marley, Burning Spear, Alpha Blondy, Lucky Dube, Bunny Wailer, Jimmy Cliff, etcetc?

I quite like Gregory Isaacs. "Night Nurse" is a great album. Of course, I enjoy Bob Marley as well. I'm not familiar with the genre as a whole, but I've been getting into it over the last couple of years.

Yeah, i definitley love Bob Marley, and prolly everything about him, he's a legend! I think my fav song is No More Trouble...
I'm a big fan of Bunny Livingston, from the 70's and when he was with Bob in the Wailers.
right now im listening to Rise and Shine ... :)

I love Reggae!!! Some of my fave reggae artists are Bob Marley (of course), Peter Tosh, Gregory Isaacs, Toots, Desmond Dekker, Burning Spear, Beres Hammond, Garnett Silk, Jimmy Cliff, Barrington Levy, Morgan Heritage and much more.

I love the sound of reggae but aren't familiar with the artists except for Bob Marley and his son. Does UB40 count? :lol: I adore them. Thanks for the recommendations. :)

Shaggy is more dancehall than reggae. A lot of his music is like watered down reggae.

grew up listening to Bob Marley (my old man's musical obsession), but not as much these days. i'm a lot more into Dub music.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=J62yUEbgzLo
King Tubby & Lee Perry

but will check out the artists you listed, cheers.

I enjoy culture club, UB 40, The Police and so on..

Not sure if i can call it reggae but its not bad music...

I think Garnett Silk is a great artist too and i adore some of Maxi Priest's songs as well

Shabba, Shaggy, Apache Indian, Patra....cool raggamuffin dancehall music.

well, I'm from Jamaica, so Reggae has been apart of my life since I was born. Funny thing though, I was never into Bob Marley as some people were and are, he made some great songs, but thats as far as the appreciation went.

I really like "Punky Reggae Party" by Bob Marley. I saw that Jimmy Cliff movie "Harder They Come" from the 70s. It was interesting.

I wanted to up this! :giggle:
I loooove reggae! Grew up listening to it (my dad is a HUGE Bob Marley/all reggae fan) So yeah..

I'm probably gonna see Bunny Wailer, Toots & The Maytals, Israel Vibration in August.

And I saw Gentleman twice (May 12th and June 19th) I loooove him!

Oh and I don't know if yall know SOJA!
Love them too! :)

grew up listening to Bob Marley (my old man's musical obsession), but not as much these days. i'm a lot more into Dub music.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=J62yUEbgzLo
King Tubby & Lee Perry

but will check out the artists you listed, cheers.

Me too :), I loooove King Tubby. I discovered dub last year but i'm also into dark dubstep like this one
[youtube]BBp1DGnQdms&feature=related[/youtube]
i think we should have a Dub thread :D

I am a GINORMOUS Bob Marley fan, and I just love all types of reggae/island/dancehall music. These are probably my favorite genres to dance to. AAAaaaahhhhh... memories. :drunk: LOL

I try not to listen to it too much though... it makes me miss Hawaii (one of my homes) way too much... and I start to miss the island life terribly.

I consider this song my 'official' theme song in life. This song saved my life many times (seriously)... and is truly my strength. This live version is sssooo good. Thank you for all the wonderful memories, Bob. You are the true King of Reggae!

:beach:​

Bob Marley - No Woman, No Cry

"My feet is my only carriage... so I've got to push on through..." ~ Bob Marley

LOL @ UB40, i appreciate them as well, i know some reaggae loving people dislike them with a passion though...

@TheOriginalPYT: Funny how you mention "No woman no cry' being your life 'theme' song....i have one as well which is the song "three little birds" (dont worry about a thing, coz every little thing is gonna be alright).

Definitely, janena. "3 Little Birds" is a good one, too, a more "uppity" version of NWNC.

"No Woman, No Cry" just really goes into detail on how I pretty much grew up (in a suitcase)... as a military brat and a lonely US soldier meeting all these wonderful people on all the different islands I traveled to, and me losing them because either they or I had to pack it up and just go.

I was also completely devasted when I had to leave Hawaii. I felt like someone just ripped my heart and soul out. A BIG part of me died when they made me leave my precious home. *sigh*

Yeah, there are songs that people can completely relate to..

What i love about Bob is that he writes meaningful lyrics.
When i feel depressed i often liosten to "i know a place"....always gets me through a mood like that:

:heart: Bob Marley

[youtube]ffCmFDzaYyQ[/youtube]

[youtube]sonYFxHHvaM[/youtube]

"Jonny Greenwood is the controller" is a compilation of some of the greatest Trojan Records songs
[youtube]gs2HV5UnzPQ&feature=related[/youtube]

by the way if you like MJ and Reggae like me, then have fun with these :p

[youtube]sPb5MzUR3YA&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]LqlppLXDpLs&feature=related[/youtube]

Okay, nevermind. I almost started crying because it was "Man In The Mirror", and started I thinking about Michael, of course, and the perfect life that I used to live on Oahu. I hate where I live. God, get me outta' here, please!!! :boohoo:

Okay, nevermind. I almost started crying because it was "Man In The Mirror", and started I thinking about Michael, of course, and the perfect life that I used to live on Oahu. I hate where I live. God, get me outta' here, please!!! :boohoo:

oh, i'm sorry if this makes you sad :better:
I hope you get to Oahu sometime soon :)

Back