Anyone else here hate the Foo Fighters?

Thriller_MJ

Proud Member
There are very few things in this world i hate and one of them is the pathitc excuse for a band known as the Foo Fighters, IMO i think there one of the most overrated bands ever and the only reason they became so famous is because Dave Troll was the Drummer for Nirvana( who also sucked) and Queens of the Stoneage, people have to be tone deaf to listen to such awful material :yes:

LOL I couldn't care less for them but your post was funny :lol:

Ummmm no offense but isn't it sad to open a thread on hating some artist?

You for sure wouldn't like if someone opened a "***** ***** hate thread" on some other forum,would you?

There are very few things in this world i hate and one of them is the pathitc excuse for a band known as the Foo Fighters, IMO i think there one of the most overrated bands ever and the only reason they became so famous is because Dave Troll was the Drummer for Nirvana( who also sucked) and Queens of the Stoneage, people have to be tone deaf to listen to such awful material :yes:
No, I love them! :D I must be tone deaf... :innocent:

Yes, me too.

Always nice to know how tolerant some MJ fans are when it comes to people liking other kinds of music.

I love ALOT more Music than MJ i just hate the Foo Fighters, MJ isnt even my faveourite performer

I really don't like to hate on anyone, but the Foo Fighters have caused me some irritation in my past.

About seven years ago, as a lark, I decided to take drum lessons (my dad had been a drummer as a young man). I wasn't familiar with any of the music young people were listening to at the time, but I got this song, "Big Me," assigned to me...a song by the Foo Fighters. Every other song I was able to learn in a week's time of practice...but the drum pattern of that particular song drove me nuts. It did not come naturally for me at all! After the third week of playing it for my instructor, and he and I being finally somewhat satisfied with how I drummed to it...I took the "Big Me" drum sheet I had been playing along with, crumbled it up, threw it over my shoulder....and told my instructor, "NEVER AGAIN!!!!"

Luckily he was amused and laughed. I was a cheeky student.

I may never give the Foo Fighters another chance. A strong grudge has been formed by "Big Me."

Foo Fighters are AWESOME. Saw them at Hyde Park a while back.

If you dislike them, then clearly you don't appreciate Hard Rock Music :)

I don't see the appeal, do they have any famous memoriable songs??

Thriller_MJ if THAT is the most important thing when it comes to music,then you really know nothing.

And BTW, I am not a fan of the band, but I won't back off from the point that opening a "hate thread" in here is childish and stupid to the very core.

It's like those YouTube losers that go around hating on Michael, watching his clips just to insult him and his fans.

Might you be one of them, Thriller,when it comes to Foo Fighters?

Thriller_MJ if THAT is the most important thing when it comes to music,then you really know nothing.

And BTW, I am not a fan of the band, but I won't back off from the point that opening a "hate thread" in here is childish and stupid to the very core.

It's like those YouTube losers that go around hating on Michael, watching his clips just to insult him and his fans.

Calm down, dangerous :agree:
I don't think it's that big deal, I find it more funny.
If he doesn't like them, fine. I looove the Fighters!

why do people here keep telling me to calm down? do you all think i am some kind of madman or something? we are supposed to be tolerant around here? why open a hate thread then? If i opened a britney spears hate thread,i'd be banned or something.

It's all a question of taste. People can love, like, dislke, hate whoever they want. I just don't like being called deaf or dumb or whatever for liking the music of an artist or band.

exactly.
if you dislike something don't go around spreading the hate, cuz that's what they did to Michael!!!

I don't hate them, but I don't see the appeal in them. All their albums sound the same. Dave Grohl is a really nice guy, though, so I don't hate him.

Queens Of The Stone Age, on the other hand...love them. One of the best alternative rock bands that have come about in the past 10 years.

I don't even watch Foo Fighters videos on youtube i have nothing against the members i'm sure there nice people but i just cant tollerate there Music i think its digusting, @ Mo_Rizwan i do appreciate Hard Rock Music just because i dispise the Foo Fighters (Music) doesn't mean i'm not a fan of the genere in fact Hard Rock is mostly the genere i listen to although i do like other styles :yes:

the bottom line is - i think that it is unfair to the fans to open a hate thread - but never mind.

When I opened this thread I thought I was gonna read about an old Foo Fighters groupie that got rejected lol (!!)

No need to hate the music. Dislike it, but not hate.

I saw Queens Of the Stone age live and got so disappointed, sadly. I haven't seen the Foo Fighters yet, but their songs is more fun and catchy then QOTSA =)

Last edited:
No need to hate the music. Dislike it, but not hate.

and why exactly are we allowed to dislike someones music yet not allowed to hate it ?
sorry but that makes no sense. theres music that i love out there, music that i like, music that i dont care either way, music that i dislike and music that i hate. so what ?
we cant control ppl's feelings. sometimes we cant control our own feelings when they're very strong let alone others. we cant forbid ppl to feel whatever it is they feel.
and this is just music we're talking about. theres all kinds of different tastes. we cant control ppl's tastes and change their hate into dislike or whatever. if they hate someones music then so be it. we cant force them to hate it less or more or anything.
im just trying to break down to u why u cant order ppl to change their feelings about anything.

btw i dont really care about foo fighters music.

Last edited:
and why exactly are we allowed to dislike someones music yet not allowed to hate it ?
sorry but that makes no sense. theres music that i love out there, music that i like, music that i dont care either way, music that i dislike and music that i hate. so what ?
we cant control ppl's feelings. sometimes we cant control our own feelings when they're very strong let alone others. we cant forbid ppl to feel whatever it is they feel.
and this is just music we're talking about. theres all kinds of different tastes. we cant control ppl's tastes and change their hate into dislike or whatever. if they hate someones music then so be it. we cant force them to hate it less or more or anything.
im just trying to break down to u why u cant order ppl to change their feelings about anything.

btw i dont really care about foo fighters music.

The same thing how you are ordering me to not order what other people should do? It's the same thing. Hate is such a bad word. I don't hate anyone or anything. Hate, to me, is that you want, or wish, the other person, or a thing, to suffer or die or whatever. And btw, hating someone or something will only make you feel bad. And who wants to feel that way?

I have a great taste in music, I listen to everything, but I can't say I hate this or that song or group. It sounds something I would say in my younger years. But in lack for a better word, hate can be used easily, I see and understand that.

I'm pointing out the word hate her, which obviously for me is used wrong in many occasions. Why you are coming in so strongly at my post is a far more interesting question.

lol i don't really listen to the foo fighters that much but i guess i like them as a band.

but i will say that the way the lead singer (forgot his name) screams into the microphone and all you see are a huge set of chompers and hair kinda puts me off. i'm always worried that he's going to end up with an aneurism lol. i just want to buy him some therapeutic candles candles or something

The same thing how you are ordering me to not order what other people should do? It's the same thing. Hate is such a bad word. I don't hate anyone or anything. Hate, to me, is that you want, or wish, the other person, or a thing, to suffer or die or whatever. And btw, hating someone or something will only make you feel bad. And who wants to feel that way?

I have a great taste in music, I listen to everything, but I can't say I hate this or that song or group. It sounds something I would say in my younger years. But in lack for a better word, hate can be used easily, I see and understand that.

I'm pointing out the word hate her, which obviously for me is used wrong in many occasions. Why you are coming in so strongly at my post is a far more interesting question.

im not coming in strongly at ur post :mello: i had sth to say so i quoted ur post and replied.
last time i checked this was a discussion board.
i use the word "hate" as everyone else uses it. i dont have my own dictionary and my own meaning for words. ppl use it easily to describe sth that they despise and they strongly dislike. obviously in this case nobody can wish ill to someones music or a song right ?
so if they say they hate a song or a band's music like this one's they dont mean they wish their music to suffer and die lol. they obviously mean that they cant stand listening to it.
hate is just a stronger word for dislike. even if u say u hate someone u dont necessarily mean that u wish them to die.

check out the definition if u want : http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hate

hate is nothing more than extreme intense dislike.

i didnt order u to not order other ppl. i asked u not to after giving u all the reasons why u simply cant. everyone is entitled to feel however they wanna feel.

and plz dont take it like im attacking u or anything coz i am obviously not. if u think that then i wont reply to ur posts again. i like debate when all participants respect one another aand are willing to give and receive challenges. when they back down accusing the other ones of attacking them and start whining that i dont like so i quit.

Last edited:
Maybe it is a language barrier between you and I. Since obviously English is not my mother-language the word hate, especially when you use it towards a harmless group or a song, is coming of wrong. I don't use hate towards something so easily.

But if you and I met each other and discussed this face to face I am sure we would have come to terms in our differences. I interpreted your post in the wrong way and that is unforntunatly something that happens often at discussion boards. But everything is all good =)

Back