Elton John and Blood on the Dance Floor??

Hess

Proud Member
In the booklet to BOTD it says:

Dedicated to Elton John..."Blood on the Dance Floor"... With profound gratitude... With love for your support.
- All my love, Michael Jackson

Does anyone what Elton John had to do with this album??

i don't know if Elton John had anything to do with the song..but i know, that when MJ was at a distressful time in his life and hiding from the media, Elton John harbored Michael in Elton's house.

lol Elton was one of the trivia questions last game :lol:

I don't really know what he did for the album though. Anyone?

MJ said: "I made a mistake, and I apologised, but they didn't show it on TV. When I was in england - I hide in England at some time (1993), and Elton John let me use his house. He was so sweet and kind, and I thought I never thanked him. So I decided to dedicate a song to him, and that song was "blood on the dance floor". But after it came out I said "Why did I dedicate that one of all the songs, it could have been 'You Are Not Alone' etc..." So I always thought that I wanted to apologise to him for that - it was just out of him being kind. He's a wonderful person."

Yeah that was just a thank you for his help around a certain time in his life which I probably can't say what for because personal reasons. But that's what it was about :)

Well...I read that Elton John support Michael in 1993 when he was in a rehabilitation(in England).Michael was in a clinic and than Liz Taylor decided take MJ to the Elton John's house for more privacy.

Elton John helped Michael out a great deal in 1993, but what gets me his how much Elton John has turned against Michael since the mid 1990's. He seems really bitter whenever he talks about Michael.

Elton John helped Michael out a great deal in 1993, but what gets me his how much Elton John has turned against Michael since the mid 1990's. He seems really bitter whenever he talks about Michael.

Really?
I always thought he was ok towards MJ
Is there any videos on youtube etc with Elton talking like that?

i remember this time in 1993.. Michael was made to do household chores like vacuuming, etc
he made cups of tea the colour of oxtail soup and dunked 25 biscuits into each one..

Really?
I always thought he was ok towards MJ
Is there any videos on youtube etc with Elton talking like that?

I can't find any of the Elton John interviews where he talks about Michael. But on a defunct BBC show called Liquid News, he spoke about Michael two time in 2002, very bitterly just saying he used to know Michael and feels very sorry for him. Then he appeared on the SO Graham Norton Show, and Graham Norton asked the other guest Kim Wild what it was like to tour as Michael's opening act on the Bad Tour in 1988. She said something like she only met Michael once on the tour, and that he was quite shy or reserved. Elton John interjected, and said if you toured with me we would have been partying. Then Elton John said he felt very sorry for Michael, then joked "well wouldn't you look sad if you looked like that" !!!

Elton John also made a negative comment about Michael in 1996 when he married Debbie Rowe. He said something like "A lot of nutty people get married in Australia".

I don't know if Michael and Elton John had a huge falling out, or if he was pi*sed off that Michael didn't thank him for his help earlier. But Elton John may have turned against Michael because of his out of cort settlement in the civil law suit with the Chandler's. Because Elton John did say in the mid 1990's that if he was accused of child abuse by someone she would have fought to clear him name in court. But in defence of Michael he not only had a civil law suite to deal with, but also a criminal investigation against him. And his defence stragergy in any civil trial could be used against Michael if their was a criminal trial. So their was a huge catch for Michael on that.

Maybe since Michael was vindicated in his 2005 trial, Elton John may have changed his view about Michael (what ever his view is). But I haven't heard Elton John talk about Michael since 2002. Another thing is Elton John has fallen out with other stars who were friends like George Michael and Robbie Williams who Elton John also helped with their drug addictions.

i don't like Elton at all.. his music is soooooooooo bland apart from 3 or 4 hits he issued in the 1970's.

ugly crass midget

I can't find any of the Elton John interviews where he talks about Michael. But on a defunct BBC show called Liquid News, he spoke about Michael two time in 2002, very bitterly just saying he used to know Michael and feels very sorry for him. Then he appeared on the SO Graham Norton Show, and Graham Norton asked the other guest Kim Wild what it was like to tour as Michael's opening act on the Bad Tour in 1988. She said something like she only met Michael once on the tour, and that he was quite shy or reserved. Elton John interjected, and said if you toured with me we would have been partying. Then Elton John said he felt very sorry for Michael, then joked "well wouldn't you look sad if you looked like that" !!!

Elton John also made a negative comment about Michael in 1996 when he married Debbie Rowe. He said something like "A lot of nutty people get married in Australia".

I don't know if Michael and Elton John had a huge falling out, or if he was pi*sed off that Michael didn't thank him for his help earlier. But Elton John may have turned against Michael because of his out of cort settlement in the civil law suit with the Chandler's. Because Elton John did say in the mid 1990's that if he was accused of child abuse by someone she would have fought to clear him name in court. But in defence of Michael he not only had a civil law suite to deal with, but also a criminal investigation against him. And his defence stragergy in any civil trial could be used against Michael if their was a criminal trial. So their was a huge catch for Michael on that.

Maybe since Michael was vindicated in his 2005 trial, Elton John may have changed his view about Michael (what ever his view is). But I haven't heard Elton John talk about Michael since 2002. Another thing is Elton John has fallen out with other stars who were friends like George Michael and Robbie Williams who Elton John also helped with their drug addictions.

Another knowledgeable, eloquent and descriptive post from the great benscarr :clapping:

The SO and V Graham Norton shows were an excellent series. Almost like a British version of David Letterman or Jay Leno (can't stand that big chinned ****!)

Both Jay Leno and David Letterman suck IMO. I'm not familiar with the british shows, but I have seen some of graham norton on youtube, and it seems all like the same stuff to me.

Another knowledgeable, eloquent and descriptive post from the great benscarr :clapping:

The SO and V Graham Norton shows were an excellent series. Almost like a British version of David Letterman or Jay Leno (can't stand that big chinned ****!)

Yeah that was just a thank you for his help around a certain time in his life which I probably can't say what for because personal reasons. But that's what it was about :)
its been well documented why he was there. he stayed at his house when he was in the UK having treatment for drug addiction in 93.
most ppl who are around mj in some shape or manner turn out to be fake friends. talking shit as soon as they get the chance when mj doesnt become their buddy for life

Last edited:
Elton is propably in love with MJ and is angry MJ didn't want to be with him! :lol:

When MJ married Debbie he became Jealous :lol:

BUT !!!!! - Actually that doesn't make sense, because BOTD was released in 1997, and the comment mentioned above was from 1996, so Elton was mad at Mike already in 1996?? but in 1997 MJ send his love to Elton ion the booklet?? - Doesn't make sense!

so Elton was mad at Mike already in 1996?? but in 1997 MJ send his love to Elton ion the booklet?? - Doesn't make sense!
maybe thats why he dedicated BOTDF to elton maybe there was some sort of meaning behind it lol or mj doesnt have clue about half the crap ppl talk about him

agree. look at the dixie chick party. although i doubt he would have refused mrs pecks invitation

Yeah, that's true. But somehow I also doubt he even knew the Dixie Chick had said those things about him anyway. I don't think he reads these interviews or watches TV unless it's brought to him. Which is probably better in the long run. Though it also keeps him from knowing who his enemys are. What kills me is that, Michael never talks badly about anyone. The only person I've ever heard him publically insult was Tommy Mattola and that bitch deserved it. But otherwise, he's always completely nice, and then you've got these same pieces of crap who he says nice things about turning around and spitting all over him. Makes you shake your head.

But somehow I also doubt he even knew the Dixie Chick had said those things about him anyway.

yeah thats what im saying. agree with the rest of what u say aswell. being nice gets u no where.just makes u look daft when ppl talk crap about you and u never say a bad word

Well they say nice guys finish last for a reason. That's too bad, because the nice guy isn't who's at fault, but rather the rest of the world for their willingness to take advantage of him because of it.

Well Elton John is just a maladjusted person, he's the one the media should be hating. His written some brilliant songs (with the collaboration with Bernie Turpin, mainly in the 1970's), but his just a vile a two faced bast*rd. I can't their are only a few famous friends of his he hasn't fallen out with. He even had a huge falling out with Princess Diana, and the only made up a year before she died. I wonder what went wrong there ?

Back