Average singers who make great music

analogue

Proud Member
Are there singers out there which you consider to be average but make great music?

I'm not really a fan, but I always thought that Bob Dylan wrote good songs while not being a very good singer.

Pharrell, I love everything Neptunes do and N.E.R.D are the superb, seen them about 6 times, but he's not the best vocally.

Vanity 6 (they couldn't really sing at all, lol, but The Time was putting down the grooves. And at least it's not Appollonia fronting the group. :p)
TLC

Prince make beautiful music but lets face it he's strong point is playing instruments as opposed to vocal ability.

Kelis, not the best singer but all her albums have been awesome so far.

Nope. I'm not crazy by a long shot.
It's a matter of personal taste. This aint scientific you know.
I just dont think she's the best singer "in the world", so to speak.
But like I said, I love her.

Oh and just for the record dangerous_88, even tho it goes off the track of the question at hand,
I think MJblige is more than average but just not the best.
Trust me when I tell you, I'm not the only one. ;)

I forget that you gotta make yourself extra,extra,extra, clear around here or get your frickin'
head bit off for having a difference in opinion!! Lol!

Some people think that Beyonce cant sing. I've heard some say that Patti and Aretha works their nerve.
And Tamia is average. And at the same time I feel she's a bit more than average.
I have friends who dont like the voices of Eric Benet or Justin Timberlake , Usher and a couple others
that I cant think of right now, but w/e. :sleep:

Some people think that Beyonce cant sing.

Worse still, Some people think Michael can't sing :bugeyed

um.. who do I think is an average singer but makes good music?

I'm gonna go for Shaina Twain, I love her.. her music and songs I love but she isn't the best singer by far.

Boy George
Bob Marley (or basicly any good reaggae singer)
Jim Morrison/The Doors

Britney
RIHANNAAAA
JANET
NELLY FURTADO
FERGIE
JESSE MCCARTNEY
MICHELLE WILLIAMS
SOLANGE

Bruce Springsteen
Bruce Springsteen
Bruce Springsteen

and i totally disagree with mary j blige being mentioned

i think the reason why some people may have a problem with Mary J. Blige is because she remade a Chaka Khan classic, and couldn't reach the high notes that Chaka reached. but..lol..i could be wrong. i don't think reach is important, just sound, in the notes she can reach. but it is easy to be used to the high notes, if ur remaking a song, tho. one can get used to the original recording and find it too easy to make the comparison. i think that Mary has a great voice, but i do prefer the Chaka Kahn original recording and the high notes, just because i prefer it.

Michael McDonald. I love his voice and his songs (with or without the Doobies). But do I think he is a "superb" vocalist? No.

He is one of my very favorites, though.:yes:

Michael McDonald. I love his voice and his songs (with or without the Doobies). But do I think he is a "superb" vocalist? No.

He is one of my very favorites, though.:yes:

hmm..interesting comment, becaues i think he has a terrific voice. lol.

goes to show you, u can have intangible reasons to love a singing voice, i guess..lol

Back