Singers & Musicians as actors

DuranDuran

Proud Member
Name movies that you like that featured musicians as actors. It doesn't have to be a musical. It can even be a TV show. Here's a few that are my favorites.

Help! - The Beatles
Under The Cherry Moon - Prince
King Creole - Elvis Presley
The Wiz - Michael Jackson, Lena Horne, & Diana Ross
Six Degrees Of Separation - Will Smith
The Blues Brothers - James Brown, Ray Charles, Stax house band, & Aretha Franklin
Desperately Seeking Susan - Madonna

Natalie Cole in Lily in Winter, Mike in The Wiz, Babs in Meet The Parents, Janet and her movies,

Just a few i could think of:

Tommy - Roger Daltrey, Pete Townshend, Keith Moon, Elton John, Tina Turner, Eric Clapton
The Hunger - David Bowie
Stormy Monday - Sting
The World, the Flesh and the Devil - Harry Belafonte
On the town - Frank Sinatra
Toys in the attic - Dean Martin
Ned Kelly - Mick Jagger
Little Buddha - Chris Isaak

Chrome And Hot Leather {1971}

Marvin Gaye acted in 2 movies. This is the trailer for the 2nd one.
Here's a short clip. The entire movie used to be on Youtube a few years ago, but it's gone now.

The Ballad Of Andy Crocker {1969}

This is the other movie Marvin appeared in. It was a TV movie starring Lee Majors. It was years ago I saw the entire thing, but I think Marvin was mostly at the beginning and end of the film. It's interesting that both movies had a military background in the plot, since Marvin was actually in the Air Force and hated it and didn't complete the enrollment.

I really liked ‘U Turn’ (1997) with Jennifer Lopez & Sean Penn.

Generally, the movie has a very realistic feeling (this can be put down also to its superb cinematography). But also its plot is quite interesting (includes also few unexpected twists/disclosures towards the end) along with a breathless pace (from beginning to end) that takes place in Arizona’s sweltering hot days.

Jennifer Lopez does a decent job here (as the mysterious & alluring woman) & her character blends well with the characters of the other two main actors (Penn & Nolte).

I would even say that ‘U Turn’ is one of my favorite movies in general.

Movie’s trailer:

[video=youtube;uUK79LRP-Nc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUK79LRP-Nc[/video]

^^Im a big movie buff but I don't think I've ever heard of U Turn. Watched that trailer and really laughed-I'm dying to see it now.

Back