Has Michael ever met Bono or vise versa?

Thriller_MJ

Proud Member
I'm curious to know if Bono and MJ have met or not, since they both share the same belief for fixing the World and both do alot of Charity work aswell it would make sense for those two to meet, does anyone know if they have or have pics when or if they met?

If I remember correctly (knowing my U2 trivia pretty well) they only met once, and that was backstage of - I think - an MJ concert.

Worth mentioning is Bonos support for Michael during their Dublin show on the Zooropa tour 1993; "Michael Jackson, if you're out there, I don't believe you're bad. Guilty before you've been given a chance."

Bono...:wub:

If I remember correctly (knowing my U2 trivia pretty well) they only met once, and that was backstage of - I think - an MJ concert.

Worth mentioning is Bonos support for Michael during their Dublin show on the Zooropa tour 1993; "Michael Jackson, if you're out there, I don't believe you're bad. Guilty before you've been given a chance."

I have that show downloaded i can send you the link to it in a PM if you want, i LOVE U2 :D

Aw that's so sweet! U2 is awesome, they are my brother's favorite band.
Has he said anything prior to 1993?

I think Bono was a pretty big MJ fan.

After MJ's death Bono sang a snippet of Man in the Mirror during the summer 360 concerts. I saw them in October and Bono sang the chorus of DSTYGE during a remix dance segment of the concert.

Wow, I never knew that. I'd love to see it *runs to YouTube* :giggle:

Bono, along with other members of U2 attended the Bad Tour. I can't remember which leg of the tour it was, but it was either in Japan 1987 of the USA in early 1988. There is footage of U2 at one of Michael's Bad concerts in a 1980's MTV documentary about Michael's Bad Tour called From Your Town To Motown. I'm not too sure if Michael's met Bono backstage or not, but it is possible.

That's very nice, I hadn't heard about this either. Bono seems like a good guy.

In the Raffles van Exel interview, Travis Payne said who MJ wanted to collaborate with - amongst them was Bono.

U2 also covered MITM and DSTYGE in a tribute on the 360 tour.

Quincy Jones released a sort of scrapbook/picturebook 1 or 2 years ago about his career in music, and Bono wrote something in it. Bono mentioned Mike, I don't remember what he said, but I believe it was about Michael's music.

I've been an U2 fan for about 10 years now :) Gonna see them in a concert in next August here in Finland. And I think the tribute they did with MITM and DSTYGE was great, but I didn't know about their support on Michael during Zooropa tour... Wow. I think Bono is a good human being, just like Michael.

I hope not, god it's hard enough to listen to him through the media without listening to him in person, let him pay taxes in his own country before he preaches about what the governments of the world should do. I hate the fact that he is Irish.

Back