Most Overrated Female artist

I don't really like using that term but I'm going to go ahead and say Taylor Swift anyway.

Lady GaGa. Though I don't know where the female part kicks in?

Generally speaking definitely Madonna. When it comes to r&b definitely Janet though I'm not sure as she is hardly known.

Last edited:
Janets hardly over rated, you don't hear many artists talking about her, nor do you get a lot of hype about her. IMO shes underrated !! :)

Janets hardly over rated, you don't hear many artists talking about her, nor do you get a lot of hype about her. IMO shes underrated !! :)

yeah raz i agree i don't think she's overrated, the young audience ( kids and teenagers) who are the ones who mainly buys the music or download aren't familar with her, i think some artists today are a bit overated

only idiots fall for it. besides this isn't about MJ but about female artists

hahahaha :rofl: one of my cousins thinks n dubs (who ever they are) are better than The Jacksons, I think she knows better than to bring MJ into it :lol:

I wonder why people like commenting in these types of threads when the pro-female performer thread gets ignored. I guess it's easier to complain about what they don't like instead of offering alternatives. These topics (underrated/overrated females, Queen Of Pop, Janet vs Madonna, etc) just breed arguments and hostility.

Madonna makes good songs, but I don't understand why people like her so much..she isn't that talented to me..

I don't think Beyonce the performer is overrated, however, I feel like Beyonce the artist is overrated..I think she is a great singer, but her music doesn't match her vocal abilities...if she made better music (better lyrics and better production), then she would be much better!

Lady Gaga is overrated as well..I am trying to get into her, but I just can't..She's a nice girl, but I think she's over the top and all of her weird costumes and visuals overshadow the artist & performer that she truly is..If she got rid of all of the smoke and mirrors and just use her talent, then she would be a lot better than what she is..and I think most of her music sounds the same..it's getting old!

Also, I am tired of Beyonce and Lady Gaga being compared to MJ..it's starting to get annoying! They both can't touch MJ as an artist and as a performer..MJ stood out because he was VERY unique..I have seen performers that have already done what Beyonce and Gaga are doing (Tina Turner & Madonna)..Sure MJ was inspired, but he took his inspirations and made them his own..and that what I admire about him!!

Last edited:
I wonder why people like commenting in these types of threads when the pro-female performer thread gets ignored. I guess it's easier to complain about what they don't like instead of offering alternatives. These topics (underrated/overrated females, Queen Of Pop, Janet vs Madonna, etc) just breed arguments and hostility.

I agree.

Back