What the hell has happened to Tori Amos???

Fiona

Guests
I've been a fan of Tori's since Pele, and have enjoyed watching this musical genius grow and evolve along the way. I pretty much love all of her albums but I have thought increasingly how much she has changed in recent years. And I'm not talking about just music.

The Tori Amos of the last couple of years isn't the woman I can connect to any longer.

I mean, the Tori of the younger years was the fiery Goddess who abhored women who bacame glamourised puppets, who fiercely pushed the boundaries for women- wanted women to be able to be successful artists/people without having to look fake (ie, sexualised clothing, heavy make up, botox to stay eternally youthful and an obsession with fashion and looking like a real-life dolly). But isn't that who we have before us now?

The women who outwardly spoke against women having to be sexualised is now flipping her ass to the crowd (last nights Live at Sunset show), talking in interviews about how great it is to be middle aged and STILL have her husband want to "really shag me." (Is it just me or shouldn't her husband want to shag her whether she is middle aged or nineteen?) She almost sounds like she is congratulating herself for her husband still wanting her just because she is older now...Doesn't sound like the Feminist Tori of Old.

Maybe it's just me but I feel like Tori is selling one point of view through her albums a yet her image selling an entirely other mentality. There is anything wrong with a woman trying to look her best (don't we all??) and none of us want to feel bad about ourselves physically....but .... I don't know.... face-lifts, botox, wigs (what is her real hair now?), sequin leotards and baring your bum for the audience... it all feels VERY UN-Tori like.

Could you imagine the Tori of Pele or Scarlet throwing on the USA catsuit, pulling her face apart with surgery and talking more about Prada and Gucci than anything else in her interviews?
IS this the same woman?

I suspect she has she fallen victim to the sad celebrity pressure of having to look waif thin, plastered in make-up and - shock horror- NEVER EVER EVER have a wrinkle !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at her transformation.. I prefer her before... she looked best before surgery....
tori_amos_gallery_12.jpg

3821931340_0e05aba787.jpg

650168605_f323d93804_o.jpg

Last edited:
Nothings "happened" to her. She's still making great music, which is all that matters.

If she wants to have surgery that's her business.

Back