Michael and ballet.. did you know this?

ScrEAm.Jack5on

Proud Member
Just thought I'd share this as I think every information on Michael is valuable.

During the This Is It rehearsals the dancers had a ballet class given as a warm up.
The class was given by the mother of Misha (one of the dancers). One time Michael walked by and stopped to watch them do the ballet. He was saying 'ahh no fair, no fair' because he really wanted to join in, hahah. He loved it so much that he asked the teacher to come to his home to teach him and Paris ballet together - I don't know if this ever had a chance to happen.. :(

It's great. He does a little "ballet" in the Bad video. I'm sure he would have been great at it too - like in everything that's dancing.

I've always wondered about this, seeing as he meshed the two together (street dancing and ballet in the music video for Bad). Only Michael. :heart:

Just the thought of him and Paris doing Ballet together makes me just melt.
That is so cute.
It doesn't really surprise me if he was interested.

ah yeah i remember hearing something like this a good wee while ago...
:wub:
sooo lovely! i bet he was really good at it!!! :heart:

That's really awesome. I bet he would have been amazing. I hope he and Paris got the chance to do it together, that would have been so cute and special.

He had a little bit of ballet moves in TWYMMF too....:cheeky: :wild: I think it's just genius and so creative that he incorporated ballet into his contemporary choreography..I mean, he incorporated everything in his moves, and made everything flow so well...Wow....

Always loved that sequence that Arklove mentioned in TWYMMF.
MJHIStoryTourTWYMMF.jpg

Love that photoshop. :rofl:
Degas painting?
MjDegasPainting.jpg

MJArtInTheCloset.jpg

He already has the right jacket on, hold on there, Clara has to get her Nutcracker.
MJBambiBerlin6-1.jpg

Here's a nice blog on Irina Brecher, the ballet instructor in TII.

More than half a year after Michael Jackson‘s death, information appear about the megastar that not many people know. Although he made history with his music and dancing, few people know that “King of pop” took ballet lessons from a Romanian.

Irina Brecher Hamilton, most famous classical ballet teacher in Los Angeles, gave ballet lessons to Michael Jackson and his dancers for the tour “This is it”, according to Gazette Express.

The proof appears in the documentary “Michael Jackson’s This Is It”, when, at minute 48, in the movie is a woman with strange accent which show the nine dancers how to make the correct movements that have consecrated Michael Jackson.
Boys listen carefully the instructions and execute the orders given by the woman who barely reaches their shoulder. Although they were selected by Michael Jackson himself from almost 6,000 dancers, and although they are the best in the world, they obey the teacher’s instructions from whom they still have much to learn. The teacher is the Romanian Irina Brecher Hamilton, noone other than that the late king of pop music called her to work for him.

“I saw you doing like that, the Russian style. Is this Russian? No. This is Russian. See the difference? “ Says Irina in the film, while boys embarrass the way it exemplifies the authoritative professional ballet movements to men.

Michael Jackson did not know she’s Romanian

Irina Brecher Hamilton is a ballerina since nine years old and emigrated from Romania during the communist period. The Romanian related for Express Monitor how she got to be a ballet teacher for the King of pop, but also for his three children.
It all happened because of her son Misha, who at just 15 years old began to dance in Aaron Carter’s tournaments, Janet Jackson, Beyonce and other international artists. In 2009, however, Misha fulfilled his dream and got to dance with Michael Jackson.

“One day, Aaron Carter said: “I have a gift for you”. Misha heard in the phone’s receiver: ‘Hi, this is Michael! I know you are on a tour and imitate my style. Do you want to dance for me?”, told Irina.
It didn’t last long and Misha wrote a new career for Irina next to Michael, although the Romanian taught ballet in several U.S. states. It happened in May 2009 at a rehearsal, when Michael said he wanted lessons in classical ballet for his nine dancers. All turned to Misha and he understood that his mother is most appropriate.

“It was me, the cameraman, Kenny Ortega and nine boys. Then Michael came and said: ‘I can not wait, I wanted to meet you’. Then embraced me. Nobody can understand what this man transmits, angelic generousity, a high spirit. You must see it to understand. Then he thanked Misha that he has brought me. Michael left after we finished”, recalled excited Irina.

Soon after, the assistant choreographer came to her and told her that Michael was impressed and he wants to take private lessons for him and his children.

Michael was in top form

Unfortunately, the Romanian didn’t start the lessons with the megastar. The last months until the fatidical day of June 25, were busy with rehearsals. ”The film shows exactly the level at which we rehearsed. Misha was coming at 2 in the night exhausted and told me: “Do you think I could give less than 120% to Michael?” “
After a day of rehearsal, they needed 24 hours to recover. Who doubted that Michael was in top form, was seriously mistaken. It was the maximum force. He was never feeling bad. Motivated and strong. An authentic artist. I studied him carefully. In my life I saw many artists, but Michael is like noone. It was an energy, a master beside him, and the world seemed more serene”, she describes Michael.
The Romanian claims that “every gesture of Michael had a profound reason. He didn’t need words to convey a message.

She found out from TV that Michael died

When she and Misha found out that the megastar died, they felt that time stopped. The two attended the Memorial of the July 7 and the release of the documentary. Acquaintances were surprised when they saw the film because Irina had concealed its collaboration with the megastar.

In ”This Is It” documentary appear, in fact, three persons of Romanian origin: Irina, her son, Misha, and also Edward G. Robinson, American actor best known for gangster roles. Misha (22 years) was Michael Jackson’s replica in the documentary and shot all scenes in two nights. Moreover, he also had the honor of opening documentary.

http://paulparauan.wordpress.com/2010/02/24/michael-jacksons-dance-teacher-was-romanian/

Okay, that TII quote about Brecher is totally wrong, but hey, still nice.

Wow... Didn't know about the origins of Irina and Misha. Makes me proud. I always found Misha to be sweet and humble.

More than half a year after Michael Jackson‘s death, information appear about the megastar that not many people know. Although he made history with his music and dancing, few people know that “King of pop” took ballet lessons from a Romanian.

Irina Brecher Hamilton, most famous classical ballet teacher in Los Angeles, gave ballet lessons to Michael Jackson and his dancers for the tour “This is it”, according to Gazette Express.

The proof appears in the documentary “Michael Jackson’s This Is It”, when, at minute 48, in the movie is a woman with strange accent which show the nine dancers how to make the correct movements that have consecrated Michael Jackson.
Boys listen carefully the instructions and execute the orders given by the woman who barely reaches their shoulder. Although they were selected by Michael Jackson himself from almost 6,000 dancers, and although they are the best in the world, they obey the teacher’s instructions from whom they still have much to learn. The teacher is the Romanian Irina Brecher Hamilton, noone other than that the late king of pop music called her to work for him.

“I saw you doing like that, the Russian style. Is this Russian? No. This is Russian. See the difference? “ Says Irina in the film, while boys embarrass the way it exemplifies the authoritative professional ballet movements to men.

Michael Jackson did not know she’s Romanian

Irina Brecher Hamilton is a ballerina since nine years old and emigrated from Romania during the communist period. The Romanian related for Express Monitor how she got to be a ballet teacher for the King of pop, but also for his three children.
It all happened because of her son Misha, who at just 15 years old began to dance in Aaron Carter’s tournaments, Janet Jackson, Beyonce and other international artists. In 2009, however, Misha fulfilled his dream and got to dance with Michael Jackson.

“One day, Aaron Carter said: “I have a gift for you”. Misha heard in the phone’s receiver: ‘Hi, this is Michael! I know you are on a tour and imitate my style. Do you want to dance for me?”, told Irina.
It didn’t last long and Misha wrote a new career for Irina next to Michael
, although the Romanian taught ballet in several U.S. states. It happened in May 2009 at a rehearsal, when Michael said he wanted lessons in classical ballet for his nine dancers. All turned to Misha and he understood that his mother is most appropriate.

“It was me, the cameraman, Kenny Ortega and nine boys. Then Michael came and said: ‘I can not wait, I wanted to meet you’. Then embraced me. Nobody can understand what this man transmits, angelic generousity, a high spirit. You must see it to understand. Then he thanked Misha that he has brought me. Michael left after we finished”, recalled excited Irina.

Soon after, the assistant choreographer came to her and told her that Michael was impressed and he wants to take private lessons for him and his children.

Michael was in top form

Unfortunately, the Romanian didn’t start the lessons with the megastar. The last months until the fatidical day of June 25, were busy with rehearsals. ”The film shows exactly the level at which we rehearsed. Misha was coming at 2 in the night exhausted and told me: “Do you think I could give less than 120% to Michael?” “
After a day of rehearsal, they needed 24 hours to recover. Who doubted that Michael was in top form, was seriously mistaken. It was the maximum force. He was never feeling bad. Motivated and strong. An authentic artist. I studied him carefully. In my life I saw many artists, but Michael is like noone. It was an energy, a master beside him, and the world seemed more serene”, she describes Michael.
The Romanian claims that “every gesture of Michael had a profound reason. He didn’t need words to convey a message.

She found out from TV that Michael died

When she and Misha found out that the megastar died, they felt that time stopped. The two attended the Memorial of the July 7 and the release of the documentary. Acquaintances were surprised when they saw the film because Irina had concealed its collaboration with the megastar.

In ”This Is It” documentary appear, in fact, three persons of Romanian origin: Irina, her son, Misha, and also Edward G. Robinson, American actor best known for gangster roles. Misha (22 years) was Michael Jackson’s replica in the documentary and shot all scenes in two nights. Moreover, he also had the honor of opening documentary.

http://paulparauan.wordpress.com/201...-was-romanian/
Thanks for this!

You know, it seems quite a few of the dancers had some prior connection to Michael like this (bolded part).

Like Chucky is a best friend of Wade Robson (MJ's young friend) since childhood, had been to Neverland several times, and was outside the court at Michael's trial with fans, and was there on vindication day.

There are other dancers with connections, but I can't remember them straight away.

awwwwww i hope michael and paris got to learn ballet together!! how sweet!! i gotta admit though would have been pretty sweet to see michael in tights! hehehe! :)

Aww really sweet story! And I love those part in Bad en TWYMMF!

I think he likes ballet because he went to the musical 'Billy Eliot' when he was in London a couple years ago. That's a musical about a boy who does ballet.

Thanks for this!

You know, it seems quite a few of the dancers had some prior connection to Michael like this (bolded part).

Like Chucky is a best friend of Wade Robson (MJ's young friend) since childhood, had been to Neverland several times, and was outside the court at Michael's trial with fans, and was there on vindication day.

There are other dancers with connections, but I can't remember them straight away.

All the dancers in TII were amazing, so much energy on that stage. I feel energized that watching a single song.

Cool about Chucky- man, that gives me hope that it was those unsung people (and of course the fans) that where there in those times. Despite everyone that had deserted him, so glad those were there.

I guess sometimes people have these eerie connections. I remember driving by Los Olivos in 2008. I bought a candle at the mission in Santa Barbara, I really appreciate that candle now, I light on special days for him.

Aww really sweet story! And I love those part in Bad en TWYMMF!

I think he likes ballet because he went to the musical 'Billy Eliot' when he was in London a couple years ago. That's a musical about a boy who does ballet.
Oh, he liked Billy Eliot? I didn't know that. That's cool, I can see why he would identify in parts with Billy.

Michael DID ballet! Look at the way he walk - that's ballet style!!!

Back