-

Which Invincible rock songs do you like best?

• A Place With No Name

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Whatever Happens

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Another Day

• Shout

• Privacy

• She Was Lovin' Me

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
I think that Bad, Dangerous, HIStory, Blood and Thriller have better rock songs.
That doesn't mean the rock songs from the Invincible sessions are bad.
I think he should've done more rock.

Last edited:
Hmmm... i came into this legacy, ..as a hard rock fan , / I liked elements of NJS too .... but i adapted and he showed me other types of music,
And so i for one, appreciated that he experimented with other sounds. Although, I am glad Dangerous is from the NJS years..

In my opinion, Michael left his best rock anthems off of Invincible...
Like Another Day which I think would've had absolutely everyone in shock if he included it on the album!
Michael used to have this one PERFECT rock-anthem on his albums upwards from Thriller... Beat It, Dirty Diana, Give In To Me, D.S., ... So I really missed that one on Invincible, despite me being an overall defender of that album because I learned to love it very much over the last few years

In my opinion. there was only one rock song, created during invincible era - I Can't Make It Another Day. Other songs (like Privacy, Heaven Can Wait, Unbreakable) just have raspy Michael's voice.

Whatever Happens is the only song from the ones above, that transports emotions as deep as in Give in to Me.
You can feel it in both songs. Maybe he thought about Lisa Marie when recording Whatever Happens.

Last edited:
Back