title

• She Was Loving Me

Votes: 25 83.3%
  • Chicago

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters

Spaceship

Proud Member
Produced by Corey Rooney in 1999, song was originally called "She Was Loving Me", which was what MJ knew it by:

For the 2014 posthumous album Xscape, the song was remixed by Timbaland and renamed "Chicago":

I prefer the original name. Renaming it "Chicago" was tacky and created confusion with "Chicago 1945".

They changed it because Loving You comes right after this track. Having two songs called Loving You and She Was Loving Me back-to-back would've been confusing. I do wonder what they would've named the song if Chicago 1945 had made the album.

Definitely better as "She Was Loving Me."
It makes me chuckle that they called it Chicago as it's only mentioned once in the entire song lol

so i went with the first because ...because he knew it as such, and ..man , posthumous music is a tricky, nasty subject 2 me.
You just can never be sure and it is always a guessing game ( 2 me)

They changed it because Loving You comes right after this track. Having two songs called Loving You and She Was Loving Me back-to-back would've been confusing.

That's arbitrary lol. Look at FutureSex/LoveSounds by Justin Timberlake. That album was mainly produced by Timbaland like Xscape was and its tracks are

1. FutureSex/LoveSound
2. SexyBack
3. Sexy Ladies
4. My Love
5. LoveStoned
6. What Goes Around Comes Around
7. Chop Me Up
8. Damn Girl
9. Summer Love
10. Until the End of Time
11. Losing My Song
12. Another Song

The first three tracks all have "sex" in their titles. Four tracks have "love" in their titles. If similar titles weren't an issue on that album, why would they be here?

1. Love Never Felt So Good
2. She Was Loving Me
3. Loving You
4. A Place with No Name
5. Slave to the Rhythm
6. Do You Know Where Your Children Are
7. Blue Gangster
8. Xscape

There wouldn't have been any real confusion and they could have just rearranged the tracklisting, anyway. Silly to change a song's title to fit some arbitrary criteria that didn't even exist when it was made.

Last edited:
They changed it because Loving You comes right after this track. Having two songs called Loving You and She Was Loving Me back-to-back would've been confusing. I do wonder what they would've named the song if Chicago 1945 had made the album.
Why don’t just rearrange the track list? Lol. Did they forget that this is a posthumous album? I’m sure people would forgive them for this horrible, unacceptable transgression of having two songs with the word loving on the same album.

3 songs, actually. Love Never Felt So Good / She Was Loving Me / Loving You.

With that logic I'd have renamed LY into "Stayin in Bed"🤣🤣

the estate would even rename 'Slave To The Rhythm' to 'Kitchen Stove'.

A stupid argument. On Thriller, Baby Be Mine and Girl Is Mine are back to back.

She Was Loving Me is a better title. He only says Chicago once in that song. Made NO sense to change the title.

Back