Jackson 5 Christmas Album?

L.T.D

Proud Member
I was confused as where to put this.

Ive allways thought, werent a lot of the Jacksons raised as Jehovahs Witnesses and not raised to celebrate Christmas, so why did they make a Christmas album???

I mean I know business is one thing, but surely some of them and Katherine would have not liked the idea?

Oh, the album is great, so great! And I can't wait to listen to it again ...soon

As you said, business is business, as long as they do not celebrate christmas, well, it's just about recording an album, a wonderful album. It's simply for people who (like to) enjoy and celebrate christmas

because they were signed to motown they had no choice in what they recorded

the album is the best i love it the best song on it is "Little Drummer Boy" :yes: :jump: is one of my fav song :yes:

I was confused as where to put this.

Ive allways thought, werent a lot of the Jacksons raised as Jehovahs Witnesses and not raised to celebrate Christmas, so why did they make a Christmas album???

I mean I know business is one thing, but surely some of them and Katherine would have not liked the idea?

Yeah, they had to record whatever Motown told them to. If you notice, none of the siblings have released any Christmas material since. The J5 performed the national anthem, which is also against JW policy. So they must have not followed it too closely. The JW leadership had a problem with the Thriller video later on, and Mike was going to destroy all of the footage before it had been released. But a compromise was reached and Mike put that disclaimer at the beginning about not endorsing the occult.

Merry Christmas (2011)
Artists: Dionne Warwick, Stevie Wonder, Jermaine Jackson, Larry King, Ray J., Damon Elliot, Yury Chernavsky, BFI, Victoria & Anton Makarsky, Vladimir Presnyakov, DeStorm, Mystery Guitar Man, Alex Chernavsky, Clown Slava Polunin, Vladislav Tretyak, Irina Slutskaya, Nikolay Valuev, Gediminas Taranda & Soloist of Bolshoi Ballet, Oleg Taktarov, Choir MIA RF, Alexander Reva, etc.

Back