Monkey Business

Hot_Street

Proud Member
The booklet of the Ultimate Collection says, Monkey Business has a Marvin Gaye vocal buttressed by very gospel organ figures behind Michael on a verse. Where is it exactly? Which song from Marvin Gaye is it?

Last edited:
The booklet of the Ultimate Collection says, Monkey Business has a Marvin Gaye vocal buttressed by very gospel organ figures behind Michael on a verse. Where is it exactly? Which song from Marvin Gaye is it?
Really 😳

Monkey Business wouldn't be the first time, Michael was inspired by Marvin Gaye.
It seems like the chorus "let's dance, let's shout" from Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground) was inspired by Got To Give It Up.

Monkey Business wouldn't be the first time, Michael was inspired by Marvin Gaye.
It seems like the chorus "let's dance, let's shout" from Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground) was inspired by Got To Give It Up.
and DSTYGE

but also Michael’s harmonies were inspired by Marvin and his vocal trademarks most definitely too. Marvin like Michael used every available space in their songs, they were always making sounds next to the actual lyrics. So did Jackie Wilson btw.

I wonder if Too Much Monkey Business from Chuck Berry was an inspiration for Michael:
Too much monkey business, too much monkey business
Too much monkey business for me to be involved in

Song is doo doo feces
2726468.jpg

Wow. Look at the amount of people in the room who asked for this opinion! (There's none. 💀)

I wonder if Too Much Monkey Business from Chuck Berry was an inspiration for Michael:
Too much monkey business, too much monkey business
Too much monkey business for me to be involved in

Very probably

Back