Req: Pictures from 85 & 86

Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
I feel like these years are mystery years and that was the time when he made the transition from thriller era to bad era.

So please share all your pictures from those years!

I feel like these years are mystery years and that was the time when he made the transition from thriller era to bad era.

So please share all your pictures from those years!
So during that time he wrote and recorded "We are the World", won the Grammy, made Captain EO, stopped in London to visit his Madame Tussaud statue and check on the progress of the ATV catalog and visited Australia to seal the deal. In 86 he was writing and recording BAD and started production on his short films to go with it.

Are you talking about these kinds of professional pictures or are you looking for personal ones for those years-behind the scenes types of pix. Or just any pix. :)

So during that time he wrote and recorded "We are the World", won the Grammy, made Captain EO, stopped in London to visit his Madame Tussaud statue and check on the progress of the ATV catalog and visited Australia to seal the deal. In 86 he was writing and recording BAD and started production on his short films to go with it.

Are you talking about these kinds of professional pictures or are you looking for personal ones for those years-behind the scenes types of pix. Or just any pix. :)
Lol yeah you're right there is a lot of stuff availble from those years but I mean more candid pictures. Him out and about and stuff like that

^^Thats what I thought you probably meant. It is funny though.-I remember that time and the newspapers were saying he had "disappeared" and had become a recluse. No one had seen him.
And then look at all the stuff he was actually doing at the time. Lol.

Ahh I love the 'thrad' era! Here's a bunch of pictures from those years :)

1985:

At the annual Lucasfilm picnic on Skywalker ranch
j5eNRJi.png

bVr8C4m.png

At the Renaissance Pleasure Faire :D
gallery_8_991_95594.jpg

On the set of The Goonies
gallery_8_2374_208354.jpg

1986:

JC6hgzf.png

Backstage at the Roxy Theater
gallery_8_2653_36287.jpg

At home
wlV6lnB.png

gallery_12_121812.jpg

Shopping in Studio City
gallery_8_994_8621.jpg

XWpZ0R5.png

With Leonard Bernstein
gallery_364_2631_102532.jpg

at Le Dome restaurant
gallery_1326_1189_410808.jpg

At the racetrack with Liz
LUnVBGQ.png

^^Thats what I thought you probably meant. It is funny though.-I remember that time and the newspapers were saying he had "disappeared" and had become a recluse. No one had seen him.

So true, Michael was never a recluse! Honestly, even during the most darkest days he had his ranch open for people to come and visit, he had friends over there all the time, he made spontaneous trips to surprise his friends etc etc. Just because they didn't see him at many events, or because he wasn't out everynight partying to the sunrise, or just because he refused to do interviews [which is also kinda silly, cause he really gave a lot of interviews throughout his life], they labeled him a recluse.

Ahh I love the 'thrad' era! Here's a bunch of pictures from those years :)

1985:

At the annual Lucasfilm picnic on Skywalker ranch
j5eNRJi.png

bVr8C4m.png

At the Renaissance Pleasure Faire :D
gallery_8_991_95594.jpg

On the set of The Goonies
gallery_8_2374_208354.jpg

1986:

JC6hgzf.png

Backstage at the Roxy Theater
gallery_8_2653_36287.jpg

At home
wlV6lnB.png

gallery_12_121812.jpg

Shopping in Studio City
gallery_8_994_8621.jpg

XWpZ0R5.png

With Leonard Bernstein
gallery_364_2631_102532.jpg

at Le Dome restaurant
gallery_1326_1189_410808.jpg

At the racetrack with Liz
LUnVBGQ.png

Awesome Thank alot!

I wont be surprise he was dating someone at that time, that was time his skin start changing.

Out of curiosity when did principal photography for Captain EO Commence?

Last edited:
nice pics... any way we can figure out and find pics from June 1985.. just want to see what he looked like when I was born..

nice pics... any way we can figure out and find pics from June 1985.. just want to see what he looked like when I was born..
haha. Probably about 2 or so weeks younger than these pix.

Jermaine Jr. is super cute in these.

ok this pic I guess was on June 28th 1985.. in costa Mesa, CA... 11 days after I was born, lets see if we can get EVEN closer to the 17th lol

9413499-standard.jpg

^Ha! I've been looking for a picture of him on the day I was born too, but no luck so far :laugh:

these are from the Lucas Film picnic (July 4th '85):
tumblr_npmu9qzS9X1ryeywxo1_540.png

tumblr_nph462FKHw1tu10hjo1_1280.jpg

there really is something interesting between that 1985-86 time where you can see Thriller era turn into bad visually in his face, style, hair etc.. Id like to figure out the months that I can see the transformation!

my obsessive side!!

there really is something interesting between that 1985-86 time where you can see Thriller era turn into bad visually in his face, style, hair etc.. Id like to figure out the months that I can see the transformation!

my obsessive side!!
This "Thrad" era (I think that's funny) is really cool to look at-lots of great pictures-it reminds me of the 3T reality show last year, when they were hanging around so much with Michael then, and kept asking him why his hair was growing out-then they saw "Bad" and it all made sense. It was really a change to an even more "glamorous, but dangerous look"-he's just flat out gorgeous in all these pictures.

Back