Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Threatened

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

Hot_Street

Proud Member
Vote for your favourite spooky songs!
Where do you feel at home?
Is it the Twilight Zone? Never-Neverland?

Last edited:
Somebody’s Watching Me is the perfect camera-hacking-song

I voted thriller and is it scary

Thriller because it is funky and extremely catchy and at the time completely original with Vincent Price’s spoken part. I think Michael learned a lot from this song, he saw it was possible to have sound effects in music (creaking doors) he used this later on in his career himself.

And Is it scary because it is grand and operatic, that banging on the piano before the chorus erupts is just plain epic. it also takes stuff from thriller but this time it is ghostly wind instead of creaking doors. The verses are scary, the pre chorus is almost soothing before it erupts in a volcano of anger and disgust. It is lyrically so very powerful, I’d say even in our fandom it is criminally overlooked. Some passages of the lyrics and the way he delivers the lines is just heartbreakingly honest and full of pain. Some highlights
”I'm gonna be exactly what you gonna see”

”But if you came to see the truth, the purity
It's here inside a lonely heart”

“And if you wanna see eccentric oddities
I'll be grotesque before your eyes”

And the vocals after the verses… No words do it justice. This song should have been the centerpiece of a new album, hell it should have been the centerpiece of HIStory. I see it on the tracklist followed by childhood.

Back