• Best of Joy

Votes: 12 85.7%

• Total voters

filmandmusic

Proud Member
Or the demo vs the posthumously finished mix

Hopefully we get to hear the other available cuts someday

I love your polls and lists threads 🙂

I think ‘the toy’ had much better vocals. some of the most lush I’ve ever heard - especially for an unreleased song. the fact that michael wrote the song for a movie soundtrack, made the concept more interesting, and showed how versatile his writing was.

I prefer the production on ‘best of joy’. the chord sequencing gives it a more sentimental feeling to match the ‘eternal’ theme of the lyrics. it feels like a full circle moment from ‘the man’ and the ‘Peter pan’ song in the hayvenhurst interview. not surprised that they were all written around the same time. bittersweet really.. neff-u did a great job. I feel that this is the way to modernise michael’s music. should have been a single.

maybe someone should do a mashup and call it ‘best of toy😆

haven’t decided yet, but thanks for giving me something to listen to 🙂

on second thoughts.. after listening to both, I choose neither (not sure if that’s an option). they both depressed me for different reasons 😩 there’s a reason why the hits are the hits, and the unreleased remain so..

this was still fun 🙂

Best of joy for me. The song was not Michael's best but the history behind it makes it special being the last one he recorded in 2008 was it?

Listening to him sing some parts in his falsetto voice makes me feel all sad 😢

while ‘the toy’ on ‘thriller 40’ makes it clear that it’s a demo, I wonder if the vocals on ‘best of joy’ were final/complete ones?

Back