The Wiz on BBC on Saturday 23rd of March 2024

Time to move on after jumping on the bandwagon with that Louis Theroux hitjob I guess

I checked the uk site and it’s listed an hour earlier at 23:15 (11:15pm), on bbc 2 specifically. I love how michael received second billing right after diana ross. this is also the only place that his vocals on ‘be a lion’ & ‘brand new day’ can be heard.

I checked the uk site and it’s listed an hour earlier at 23:15 (11:15pm), on bbc 2 specifically. I love how michael received second billing right after diana ross. this is also the only place that his vocals on ‘be a lion’ & ‘brand new day’ can be heard.
That’s the time difference, it is 00.15 in Belgium

it’s started now. I’m having second thoughts about watching it before I go to sleep 😓I might have nightmares 😱

I’m watching it.. for now🫣

diana resembles michael so much; her looks & mannerisms remind me of ‘don’t stop til you get enough’. michael definitely studied her speech patterns.

the colours of this movie are surprisingly vibrant for the time it was made.

michael’s here🤩the crows are being mean to him 🙁he’s about to sing them away👏

my favourite part of the whole movie ‘ease on down the road💜

that ‘mean ol’ lion’ 🦁 is here, so I’m switching off & going to sleep 💤 🫣😱

I've only just noticed the location of Bad is in there.

I only watched the film, i managed to miss the first 10 min. Last time I saw it was in either 2014 or 2015.

Michael did well overall, I think he played his part convincingly and with enough enthusiasm, very energetic and with good facial expressions. The sets, make up and costumes were fantastic, the story and plot progression was quite boring though.

The thing that impressed me most was Michael’s ability to dance and jump and do multiple spins with those big ass shoes.

edit: it’s a nice thought I wasn’t the only one on this forum watching it with me at the same exact time lol

Still available on BBC iPlayer if you missed the live:

28 days left to watch

I got as far as Ease on Down. Had to stop when Tin man came on. Will probably carry on later in the week.

Ok, I've seen the film quite a few times (I've had it on DVD for about 10 years). But I've never reviewed it before. So here goes.

Story is ok - I can't say it's great just because it's so derivative. Pacing isn't great - for example, Tin Man's introduction song is far too long. Other areas near the start don't have enough dialogue.

Acting for the most part is quite bad. Looks like they were having a lot of fun though. Interestingly, I'd say Diana Ross actually got more attractive as she got older.

Scenery is very creative but ultimately quite cheap. I guess it fits the vibe they were going for.

Obviously the songs are the main reason people watch this, and they do a great job. Although most of these don't sound like they'd fit on an MJ or DR album, most if them are well worth listening to.

Summary - this isn't on TV very often, so watch it when you get the opportunity.

It's cool we all got to watch it together. I have a couple of favourite parts. One where he turns around and runs after the carpark/orange things appear. Also i like the scene where they meet the tin man. it's all quite trippy!

Back