You can't break me. 'Cause I'm unbreakable!

DarylJoel_B

Inactive
Country
United-States
Let me just set it straight.

So, I almost quit MJJ Community for good. SERIOUSLY.

Four days ago, I thought, "I'm done with this place. This is the last straw."

I'll spare the endless inane details, but all that happened was (on August 26th), I had a bad experience with only one user. (I will not say the name of this user to prevent harassment going towards them.) I faced bullying comments from them and even ended up being caught in a public feud with them. What this conflict was about, that's a story for another time. 😵‍💫 Besides, I don't want to make this post any longer than it has to be.

Thankfully, MJJC staff stepped in and them and a few other users had my back. I'm okay now and I've put this user on the ignore list, permanently this time.

I will say though, that the experience was so stressful, so harrowing, that it caused me to break down and settle on a decision to say goodbye to my friends, say goodbye to this forum altogether. It was pretty emotional. And I even started bullying myself. Telling myself I wasn't even worth living, and "What if what this person says is true?" But now I realize: This was not the answer. And I'm NOT leaving for good.

I should not let ONE person ruin all the GOOD experiences I've had here, the sense of community I've built with my friends, the positive memories I continue to make in this fandom. I shouldn't give in to what ignorant people want from me. And I'm not going to let other people's negativity push me away from what I enjoy doing: Talking about and loving Michael from the deepest depths of my heart, and being open about myself and who I am. This forum saved my skin, it saved my life. It was there for me during times of desperation and hopelessness in my life. And I just can't turn my back on it forever.

The title of this thread really says it all. You can't break me, 'cause I'm unbreakable!

I've survived many other cases of backlash and hate before. I've survived abuse, manipulation, toxic relationships, and unacceptance from many angles. And I will not just run away from it. I will continue to be who I am in the best way I know how. I'm one of the strongest people I know. And it's all due to great friends and a great fan community who never stopped believing in how strong I am and in me as a person.

In conclusion, I'm back on MJJC and will continue to stay. And if anyone else here thinks they can take me down, they're not going to succeed. Not for long, at least.

I don't know what else to put, so enjoy this beautiful Bad era GIF. ❤️

39e6ee55ce8083e2f0bf149d8c4670e3.gif

~ DJ

Back