Your Top 10 Favorite Albums Of All Time

DarylJoel_B

Inactive
Country
United-States
want to share a part of myself with MJJC and also encourage others to do so. what are your top 10 favorite albums of all time? (you can also have multiple albums by one artist in your list)

here are mine (in no particular order, by the way):
1. HIStory - Michael Jackson (1995)
2. Queen II - Queen (1974)
3. Musicology - Prince (2004)
4. The Nightfly - Donald Fagen (1982)
5. Breakfast in America - Supertramp (1979)
6. An Innocent Man - Billy Joel (1982)
7. Off the Wall - Michael Jackson (1979)
8. Misplaced Childhood - Marillion (1985)
9. Dancing Machine - The Jackson 5 (1974)
10. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - The Beatles (1967)
edit:
as a bonus, i also want to include Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd (1973).

Last edited:
I hoped someone would make this thread. You will not get a ton of responses thoug!

1. Michael Jackson - Thriller
2. Sun Kil Moon - April
3. Marvin Gaye - What’s Going On
4. Joni Mitchell - Heijira
5. Julee Cruise - Floating Into The Night
6. Bob Dylan - Blood On The Tracks
7. Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run
8. Van Morrison - Astral Weeks
9. George Michael - Older
10. Red House Painters - Old Ramon

Honorable mention: Bathory - Twilight Of The Gods, Marvin Gaye - Here My Dear, all MJ, Kraftwerk - Trans Europa Express, Justin Timberlake - the 20/20 Experience (not kidding!), Stevie Wonder - Innervisions, Roy Orbison - A Black & White Night Live

There is more but this is from the top of my head.

I can't think in terms of albums, I just think about songs. Plus, I've listed 13 albums. A baker's dozen, lol. :D

In no particular order:

ELP - Pictures At An Exhibition
X-Ray Spex - Germfree Adolescents
London Symphony Orchestra conducted by Andre Previn - Swan Lake / Tchaikovsky
Sex Pistols - Never Mind the ...
Adam Ant - Dirk Wears White Sox
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Michael - The Essential ...
Bob Dylan - Bringing It All Back Home
Gary Numan - Savage
Buzzcocks - Another Music in a Different Kitchen
Rolling Stones - Exile On Main St.
Toyah - Sheep Farming in Barnet EP
The Clash - Hits Back

Last edited:
That's a really really hard one and it changes pretty much by month... But I'm trying to judge on the impact the album had on my life and what I listened to the most throughout the years! Trying not to let my current taste affect this too much, let's see how this goes🙃

1. Dangerous/BAD
3. Invincible - Michael Jackson
4. HIStory - Michael Jackson
5. These Days - Bon Jovi
6. Meteora - Linkin Park
7. Keep The Faith - Bon Jovi
8. Thriller - Michael Jackson
9. Minutes To Midnight - Linkin Park
10. Gimme Some Truth (Compilation album) - John Lennon
BAD, Dangerous, Invincible, Meteora, These Days, HIStory,

I decided to not include a second place because Dangerous and BAD have been switching number 1 & 2 spot monthly for the last half a decade or so... In my conclusion: Both are my favourite albums!

That's a really really hard one and it changes pretty much by month... But I'm trying to judge on the impact the album had on my life and what I listened to the most throughout the years! Trying not to let my current taste affect this too much, let's see how this goes🙃

1. Dangerous/BAD
3. Invincible - Michael Jackson
4. HIStory - Michael Jackson
5. These Days - Bon Jovi
6. Meteora - Linkin Park
7. Keep The Faith - Bon Jovi
8. Thriller - Michael Jackson
9. Minutes To Midnight - Linkin Park
10. Gimme Some Truth (Compilation album) - John Lennon
BAD, Dangerous, Invincible, Meteora, These Days, HIStory,

I decided to not include a second place because Dangerous and BAD have been switching number 1 & 2 spot monthly for the last half a decade or so... In my conclusion: Both are my favourite albums!
I had Bon Jovi's New Jersey on my list, then I took it off. Now I wanna put it back on!

Aaarrgghhhh! :ROFLMAO:

Ok, this is a torment. And I don't stand by any of it. Also, I'm cheating. Also, a separate list per decade of my life would make a lot more sense for me. But I'm trying to participate since these struggles are no one's fault but my own.

Absolutely no particular order:

Michael Jackson - Off the Wall/Thriller/Bad - tbh I prefer to include his entire adult discography here since I do not have any way of choosing a favorite Michael album, but I'm trying to be somewhat reasonable

The Jackson's - Triumph (it is sheer hell to not add Destiny too, for Push Me Away if nothing else. But again... trying to be reasonable)

Bob Dylan - Bringing it all back home

Bob Dylan - Blood on the tracks

Joni Mitchell - Blue

Jason Isbell - Southeastern

Josh Ritter - The Beast in its Tracks

Justin Townes Earle - Harlem River Blues

Shovels and Rope - Swimmin' Time

The Lumineers - Cleopatra

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours

It's funny to me that I see a very clear distinction in the timeline before Michael Jackson came into my life and after. Prior to him, most of my musical tastes fell into a totally different spectrum. Bob Dylan sort of led to everyone else before. Lately I've been listening to a lot of Marvin Gaye and The Temptations, both of whom I am listening more to stemming from my Michael love. I wonder how this list will look in 5 years.

Ok, this is a torment. And I don't stand by any of it. Also, I'm cheating. Also, a separate list per decade of my life would make a lot more sense for me. But I'm trying to participate since these struggles are no one's fault but my own.

Absolutely no particular order:

Michael Jackson - Off the Wall/Thriller/Bad - tbh I prefer to include his entire adult discography here since I do not have any way of choosing a favorite Michael album, but I'm trying to be somewhat reasonable

The Jackson's - Triumph (it is sheer hell to not add Destiny too, for Push Me Away if nothing else. But again... trying to be reasonable)

Bob Dylan - Bringing it all back home

Bob Dylan - Blood on the tracks

Joni Mitchell - Blue

Jason Isbell - Southeastern

Josh Ritter - The Beast in its Tracks

Justin Townes Earle - Harlem River Blues

Shovels and Rope - Swimmin' Time

The Lumineers - Cleopatra

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours

It's funny to me that I see a very clear distinction in the timeline before Michael Jackson came into my life and after. Prior to him, most of my musical tastes fell into a totally different spectrum. Bob Dylan sort of led to everyone else before. Lately I've been listening to a lot of Marvin Gaye and The Temptations, both of whom I am listening more to stemming from my Michael love. I wonder how this list will look in 5 years.
No Fleetwood Mac (1975)? Or Tusk?

You can never go wrong with a bit of Temptations!

Mine is easy, the ones I listen to the most. Excluding Greatest Hits collections, which make up 70% of my collections

1. Sign o the Times - Prince (1987)
2. 1999 - Prince (1982)
3. Songs in the Key of Life - Stevie Wonder (1976)
4. Awaken my Love - Childish Gambino (2016)
5. Parade - Prince (1986)
6. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - Elton John (1973)
7. Station to Station - David Bowie (1976)
8. Are You Experienced - Jimi Hendrix Experience (1967)
9. Erotica - Madonna (1992)
10. Dangerous - Michael Jackson (1991)
11. Bad - Michael Jackson (1991)
12. Blood, Sex, Sugar Magik - Red Hot Chili Peppers (1991)

It’s nice to see some more participators!
I also forgot to add Prince - 1999 album, that’s a total party! Also the Mavericks - In Time (great Americana/country band)
I’m gonna give some of the albums I don’t know a listen!
The whole album?

Edit: Sorry. I thought I was in some kind of party thread and that you were posting your party playlist. Nevermind me.
Imagine “on the run” non stop!

@mjprince1976
Erotica and justify my love are Madonna’s best singles. Can’t say I know the rest of Erotica but if it is in the same style I should give it a go.

Although Justify my love sounds like Erotica era, it's on the Immaculate Collection, in case you don't know. Also worthwhile is the song Rescue Me.

Immaculate Collection may be my favourite Greatest Hits album by anyone, its flawless, all the best bits of 80s Madonna for completists and those who don't want every Madonna album. You even get Vogue, without the rest of the clusterfuck called "I'm Breathless" which has 2 other decent songs besides it (Something to Remember and Hanky Panky).

Back