Michael Jackson too thrilling for insurance companies? No one wants to risk covering his concerts

MJJC Moderator

Guests
Michael Jackson may have sold out his London concerts, but insurance companies fear the tour may be too much of a thriller.

Promoter AEG Live is having trouble lining up an insurer to cover a seven-month run by the famously frail pop star, London's Daily Telegraph reported Saturday.

AEG has lined up insurance for the first 10 dates, but may be forced to self-insure the rest of the performances at the O2 arena between July and February.

Chief executive Randy Phillips said he isn't worried.

"The insurance brokers sent doctors and they spend five hours with him, taking blood tests. He's a vegetarian, he's in great shape," he said.

"We would be prepared to self-insure to make up the dates. It's a risk we're willing to take to bring the King of Pop to his fans."

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...michael_jackson_too_thrilling_for_insura.html

I guess, Michael didn't tell him about about his love for KFC

Oh snap! Someone beat me to it!

If he's on a no chicken diet, he must be having dreams about it..
Chickens.. The chicken dance.. Chicken legs.. Anything chicken related :p

Now I know how I will get his attention when sitting close to the stage! :wild: I'll be holding a KFC bucket full of chicken legs really high up!!! :lol:

You're actually classified as a type of vegetarian if you don't eat any red meant, so technically, Randy Phillips is correct.

Maybe he just really likes the buscuits, which is completely understandable. They are AMAZING.

Did anyone not think that he went to KFC with other people that wanted to go there and he maybe just had a drink or something else???

Why does everyone say he loves KFC just because he was seen their a few times? He could have just been with people who wanted to go their themselves.

If he's on a no chicken diet, he must be having dreams about it..
Chickens.. The chicken dance.. Chicken legs.. Anything chicken related :p

lol..did u know there is such a thing as vegetarian chicken. lol..boy i tell u if KFC sold that they'd score with all walks of life..lol..or most..lol..idk

Interestingly, another article also says that he's already insured. :unsure:
The deal agreed, there was only one hurdle: to get the concerts insured. Phillips approached the London-based insurance company Robertson Taylor. The complex policy was only hammered out in the past two weeks after Jackson had a rigorous medical check-up at his LA home.Phillips said: "Michael was put through a whole battery of tests; stress, treadmill, electrocardiogram, bloodwork and he passed them all. It's a very complicated policy. Its very important he doesn't perform consecutive nights.
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23661911-details/Detoxing+brand+jackson/article.do

Did anyone not think that he went to KFC with other people that wanted to go there and he maybe just had a drink or something else???

Why does everyone say he loves KFC just because he was seen their a few times? He could have just been with people who wanted to go their themselves.

LOL yh, thaz what I think.

And I'm confused, why aren't they insuring the concerts? :unsure:

Back