Thank you for a very tasteful memorial!

MichaelMySoul

Proud Member
I had very different expectations of the public funeral/memorial that was today. I heard too much rubbish on the news and Im so grateful the family decided not to have an open casket like with James Brown.

The Jackson brothers honouring Michael with a glove was beautiful. Im so glad the entire family attended, along with Michaels children.

The memorial was just right, just perfect, I had pictured myself fans going nuts and screaming like it was a concert, people singing his songs and stuff. But everyone remained so calm and respectful.

The songs were perfect, few different songs and a few Michael songs.

I loved the mic at the end, and the empty stage... It was heartbreaking yet so symbolic at the same time.

Paris speech was amazing.. What a wonderful girl.. She broke all of our hearts into small pieces. Big love to Marlon, you made me cry even more...

Lovely lovely ceremony. Very tastefully done, Im glad it didnt become a circus.

Totally agree with you. It was beautiful and classy, really well put together. Thank you, Jackson family.

I agree
it was very fitting for the King of Pop and just right
and yeah i am glad there wasn't and open casket i loved the white glove thing.
Amazing yet heartbreaking esp paris bit :(

It was amazing, very tasteful and moving. I cried a lot. I kept asking Michael in his casket, not to leave me. Silly I know, but I still said it.

I hope this is not selfish, but I hope someone posts a digital copy of the memorial so we can download it. So I can see the event again. I was so upset for most of it, tears blurred my eyes so many times. How could you not listen to Stevie and cry.

Yes, thank you! It was truely beautifull.

The memorial was truly more beautiful then I ever could've imagined. Incredibly touching, heartbreaking, respectful and loving. Thank you.

I really did think that that was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen, and the most fitting memorial for Michael.

I loved everything about it; the fans did us proud (they didn't go mental and were respectful in the center), I loved Usher's performance and how he got so emtional, and Al Sharpton's and the choir at the beginning when Michael's casket was bought into the centre of the stage.

I thought Jermaine was absolutely fantastic singing Smile and he has done such a good job representing the family. I was bawling all the way through it, and then Marlon came on and asked Michael to give Brandon a hug for him :cry: And then when I didn't think that my heart would give anymore, Paris made that heart-wrenching speech and it just broke into a million pieces. She is SO BRAVE, your Daddy is SO proud of you Paris, and you will ALWAYS be loved along with your brothers.

I think it has really sunk in now that he has gone, I've been crying all evening but I can't help but smile also at such a fitting tribute.

Thank you so much to the Jackson family for sharing Michael with us one last time.

We love you Michael.

it was a perfect memorial.

The speeches were perfect as were the songs.
I loved Stevie's songs, and what everyone sung really.

My prayers go out to everyone in need right now wherever they are in the world.

Thank you Jackson family for opening your hearts to Michael's fans. The memorial has helped me with my grief. You are all in my prayers.

I love you Michael...4EVR!

I am the only one to whom the tribute to the jackson family is not liked.
Thanks of MJ's team of This Is IT for giving some meaning to memorial.Loyal friends of Michael were not there.. for me, Paris was not to talk....God bless this children and Katherine.

It was beautiful. I cried from the moment I saw his kids walk in til they took him away :( I'm glad Paris said her piece. She had something to say and the world listened. Honestly I thought they wouldn't be there tho. -sigh- so beautiful. But so much worse. So confirming. Devastated.

It was absolutely beautiful. Many thanks to Kenny Orgega and AEG. There seemed an aura of peace in there, the lighting was good. Everything about it had class and dignity and all the family, and the children sitting as a loving family just looked so dignified in their loss.

If we have it hard what must it be like for them. I said in another thread it put everything in perspective. The calibre of guests, all paying tribute made me wonder how a 13 year old punk every thought he could bring down such a well respected and much loved man.

After today the haters will look and sound pathetic after what people said in that memorial, and nobdy is listening to them any more.

Marlon said the best words of the whole thing when he say maybe they'll leave you alone now.

It was absolutely beautiful. Many thanks to Kenny Orgega and AEG. There seemed an aura of peace in there, the lighting was good. Everything about it had class and dignity and all the family, and the children sitting as a loving family just looked so dignified in their loss.

If we have it hard what must it be like for them. I said in another thread it put everything in perspective. The calibre of guests, all paying tribute made me wonder how a 13 year old punk every thought he could bring down such a well respected and much loved man.

After today the haters will look and sound pathetic after what people said in that memorial, and nobdy is listening to them any more.

Marlon said the best words of the whole thing when he say maybe they'll leave you alone now.

I feel the exact same.

And a huge extra thank you to the Jackson family for agreeing to bringing the casket in so we could see him one last time and TRY to say goodbye :cry: Since it's unclear where he'll be buried it felt important. If fans aren't ever allowed to visit his grave and/or he's taken to private property like Neverland someday, today was really our last time to see him and channel our love in his direction. I'm sure Michael felt all the love channeled towards him on that stage. If love could raise the dead he would have risen today and come back to us. I'm ever grateful for them allowing this. Meant so much.

It was very dignifed, and honourable to Michael and couldnt have gone any better.

The tributes were beautiful and the deep love that the entire family showed for Michael will stay with me forever. Marlon and Paris, the most emotional part of the show. I have the utmost respect for them all.

It was THE most moving thing I've ever seen.

The memorial....was so BEAUTIFUL....so TOUCHING...so LOVING...so RESPECTFUL as someone else stated...so DIGNIFIED...I can go on and on....Michael would have been so proud. If this is to be released on DVD, I will have to get a copy for my archives...I will show my children and grandchildren one day...how LOVED this man is.

Its amazing how the world stopped to watch this memorial........IT IS ABSOLUTELY amazing...What an international event this is...he was so loved...and I HOPE he knew how loved he was......I'm still having a hard time with all this...so if i'm rambling ...sorry....

I feel the exact same.

And a huge extra thank you to the Jackson family for agreeing to bringing the casket in so we could see him one last time and TRY to say goodbye :cry: Since it's unclear where he'll be buried it felt important. If fans aren't ever allowed to visit his grave and/or he's taken to private property like Neverland someday, today was really our last time to see him and channel our love in his direction. I'm sure Michael felt all the love channeled towards him on that stage. If love could raise the dead he would have risen today and come back to us. I'm ever grateful for them allowing this. Meant so much.

Wendy...this DID mean so much......I hope they know just how much.

Classic production from the big man Kenny Oretga, and the This is it crew members, the backing dancers that I recognised from the rehearsal videos, they did MJ proud.

It was beautiful, wonderful. Great job, very touching, classy, fitting. Thank you!

I agree. It struck just the right tone between grieving our loss and celebrating his memory. I didn't realize just how much I needed the closure, though part of me is still in disbelief.

I couldn't stop crying, it was so beautiful, respectful, classy it was perfect.
When Stevie Wonder sang oh boy :boohoo: beautiful! It was so tender when Paris spoke :wub:

P.S. Does anybody knows the name of Stevie's song?
Thanks in advance!

Yeah, the world stopped to watch the memorial just like they stopped to watch the Thriller video. Michael just has that affect on people. He was just that great.

The media kept ranting about what kind of religious beliefs will be shown at the funeral. They seemed to be insinuating that Michael had no concrete belief in God. Well, from the very opening of this memorial to the very end, God.....Jesus....was front and center in almost everything that was said and done. From the opening song SOON AND VERY SOON from Andre Crouch's singers, to Mariah Carey's "Thank you, Jesus" at the end of her song, to the stained glass windows behind them, to the lyrical content of Michael's own songs, to host of other mentionings all throughout the entire memorial. I never doubted Michael was a christian who loved God....but this memorial really showed it. And I am glad of that.

Agreed! It was a wonderful service! So beautifully done and very moving. I would actually really like to get a copy of this. It was so tasteful and well done. I'm sure MJ would have been proud.

Back