Thank you for a very tasteful memorial!

Maybe I could stand to watch the memorial repeated for a few days but having the dvd it'd be harmful :(.
That song was my favorite, I really loved it!

I agree. It struck just the right tone between grieving our loss and celebrating his memory. I didn't realize just how much I needed the closure, though part of me is still in disbelief.

I agree that it struck the right tone between grieving and celebrating his life. It was a wonderful memorial that celebrated Michael as an entertainer, a friend, a brother, a son, and a father. I'm so glad that the Jackson family put this together to help the world through this loss.

It was beautiful. Everyone there showed grace, dignity and class.
And they gave Michael the respect and honor he deserves. but God got the glory.......

God sure did get the glory...cause God was all over that thing! I say to the media....any of yall still doubt that Michael was a christian?

It was extremely beautiful. I've been in L.A. since Michael's death. I was actually at the Staples Center yesterday (on the 6th). It seemed chaotic and I expected that much of the memorial. With so little time, I'm glad that he was honored well today and that the Jackson family allowed this memorial for us fans to have a chance to say goodbye (until we see him on the other side). :(

Beautiful memorial. Thank you Micheal for bringing love and joy to this world. You were wonderful. We will love nad miss you always. R.I.P xxx

It was better than I could have ever imagined. It had the perfect tone for someone as gentle and caring as Michael. Just beautiful.

I think some of the media were shocked by how loved and respected he was and, as someone has already mentioned, the haters could do nothing about the 'truth' being told LIVE to the whole world.

Haters will be haters, but this wonderful memorial will change a lot of 'normal' people's perceptions about MJ. Perhaps he will have even more millions of fans after this.

I am sure a lot of the media wanted this to be a 'circus' or disaster, but they must be grinding their teeth this morning as they didn't get their way.

I am so proud of the whole Jackson family, and their true friends, but most of all I am proud of little Paris. An 'angel' on earth if there ever was one!

Haters will be haters, but this wonderful memorial will change a lot of 'normal' people's perceptions about MJ. Perhaps he will have even more millions of fans after this.

I am sure a lot of the media wanted this to be a 'circus' or disaster, but they must be grinding their teeth this morning as they didn't get their way.

Agreed! I noticed that most newspapers paid their respects aswell in a tasteful way, the front pages showed how loved Michael was by his family..

I couldn't stop crying, it was so beautiful, respectful, classy it was perfect.
When Stevie Wonder sang oh boy :boohoo: beautiful! It was so tender when Paris spoke :wub:

P.S. Does anybody knows the name of Stevie's song?
Thanks in advance!

He also sang part of They Won't Go Where I Go

i literally cant believe how amazing that memorial was. some of us outside the 02 were bracing outselves thinking "well we will never be happy with this cos nothing will ever do his memory justice"... we all were just amazed and in awe!!

te lighting was captivating.. the whole mood was so brilliantly captured. HOW on earth did that family with so little time come up with this????

people from different stages of his career, old acts like lionel and new ones like usher, close friends spoke as did admirers from affar, someone from the house of representatives, somoeone who michael had seen and liked (that guy from britains got talent), aspects of This Is It. even the photos being streamed were perfect. the brothers outfits.... everything. just so touching. so so beatiful.

Marlons speach was so personal... it was perfection. the perfect songs were included. so happy to see Will you be there and heal the world. i really think thats what michael would have wanted. Thankyou kenny, jackson family et al

It was really a beautiful memorial, I was afraid what's it gonna be and wasn't sure about watching it but I'm happy that I did, even though I cried all way though it, but hey it's funeral so it's ok to cry.
Thanks to the family.

I totally agree, it was done perfectly. I was in the Nokia theater for the simulcast. It was intimate and sharing amongst fans. We cried, we laughed, we gave standing ovations, we clapped, the atmosphere was very fitting.

I was just so drained in the end.

Back