Defense Tactics: Look what TMZ is saying..is this going to be the defense in the trial?

this is pathetic.. and it makes Murray look even worse. He was MJ's personal physician. If he knew his patient was in failing health and he continued to pump him full of drugs and never took him to the hospital then he's the worse physician in the world. How is that a defense? he's now saying MJ was in failing health but Murray never told AEG or Kenny Ortega to stop rehearsals to get MJ some help? In fact Murray blasted Ortega for sending MJ home saying MJ was fine and to mind his own business? Murray and company is grasping at straws. They do seriously think folks are this dumb? Mike was willing to pay that bastard $150,000 to take care of him, now he's saying MJ was in failing health but Murray didn't tell anyone? and didn't even run tests or give him a physical before he started his insomnia concoction??

Murray needs to be knocked out

Will Murray's defense team try to call up some of the MJ fans? I remember, after the event and in the run up to the 'This is it' movie, there were plenty claiming MJ was 'near death' in the run up to the concerts - these fans were blaming AEG/Sony etc.

Perhaps, if these many fans ('insiders' were they called?) are to be believed, then Murray really isn't to blame? His defense team would only need access to some old threads on here, to show how many of MJ's own fans thought he was to frail to perform. I wouldn't be suprised to see some of the most anti-AEG/anti-Sony on the stand helping Murray.

It's all so confusing. Let's just hope that some of MJ's own fans haven't given him a 'way out'.

well if MJ was too frail to perform, why didn't Murray take control? he was his physician he should've had his patient's best interest at heart. Murray could've stopped everything by saying MJ's health was failing and on doctor's advice he needs some help and can't continue. Doctors' words mean a lot in work capacities. That's why doctor's excuses are always needed when someone is sick and needs off time from work.

well if MJ was too frail to perform, why didn't Murray take control? he was his physician he should've had his patient's best interest at heart. Murray could've stopped everything by saying MJ's health was failing and on doctor's advice he needs some help and can't continue. Doctors' words mean a lot in work capacities. That's why doctor's excuses are always needed when someone is sick and needs off time from work.

exactly. no matter under what angle you look at it, Murray is still guilty. if MJ was perfectly healthy and just needed sleep, Murray is guilty because he was negligent. if MJ was an addict, Murray is guilty, because besides being negligent he was supplying an addict with drugs. if MJ was weak and near death, Murray is guilty, because being his doctor and knowing his medical condition he still gave him drugs that slowered his breath and heart. He is just guilty. That's all.

All the prosecution needs to do to is to call in the coroner who will say, like he did during the pre-trial, that Michael was in good overall health considering his age.

BTW, didn't Murray also tell that insurance guy who contacted him per e-mail on the 25th of June (before Michael died) that he was in good health and that tabloid rumours about a bad health aren't true?

Will Murray's defense team try to call up some of the MJ fans? I remember, after the event and in the run up to the 'This is it' movie, there were plenty claiming MJ was 'near death' in the run up to the concerts - these fans were blaming AEG/Sony etc.

The prosecution would have a field day with witnesses who testify that all they did was sit outside of Michael's house ALL DAY, EVERYDAY and once Michael left his crib, they would follow him to where ever he was going.

The prosecution would make them look crazy and their credibility would be shot, in my opinion.

All the prosecution needs to do to is to call in the coroner who will say, like he did during the pre-trial, that Michael was in good overall health considering his age.

BTW, didn't Murray also tell that insurance guy who contacted him per e-mail on the 25th of June (before Michael died) that he was in good health and that tabloid rumours about a bad health aren't true?
exactly....everything has already been put out there by the coronors report...and..Murray himself with that phone call about the insurance....so this defense is NO defense at all.

I don't know what to think... either it's really their defense and they are really stupid, or they have something completely different prepared and are trying to mislead the prosecution and the public.

how is it usually done? should the defense exchange their tactics with the prosecution or they can bring surprises to the trial?

I don't know what to think... either it's really their defense and they are really stupid, or they have something completely different prepared and are trying to mislead the prosecution and the public.

how is it usually done? should the defense exchange their tactics with the prosecution or they can bring surprises to the trial?
all I know is that I have NEVER seen a defense change their story so many times...starting from Murray's timeline.....to now this....I am baffled by it that is for sure. In the end..all that is gonna matter I think is gonna be the hard evidence...so Murray and his team can say whatever they want.

In my opinion, the defense has NO defense and that's how come they keep "releasing" these ridiculous soundbites to TMZ.

If they had something tangible they would remain silent. Sort of reminds me of Sneedon using Diane Dimond to put out his "defense," and we all saw how that worked out for him.

To my knowledge both the defense and prosecution share information with one another, so that both sides can prepare a defense for whatever the other side is going to say.

Bottomline, in my opinion, Murray is up the creek with no paddle and NO BOAT!

yep!! Murray also told Ortega that MJ was perfectly fine

In my opinion, the defense has NO defense and that's how come they keep "releasing" these ridiculous soundbites to TMZ.

If they had something tangible they would remain silent. Sort of reminds me of Sneedon using Diane Dimond to put out his "defense," and we all saw how that worked out for him.

To my knowledge both the defense and prosecution share information with one another, so that both sides can prepare a defense for whatever the other side is going to say.

exactly.. Both sides have to share the evidence with one another

You cannot mislead the prosecution they have to know your defense before trial starts so they can prepare themselves. If you try to drop anything on them at the last minute the the judge will punish you for it

what ever the story will be in april for them its stupid anyway, like Jmie said, he is quilty in ever story you will put light on..

And blowing kenny off and now saying he was in failing health.... thats such a stupid story... pff... when is there some knowleckde about the jury and the judge(s) that will do the case?

It will do murray also no good thats its on tv because the whole world would see his mistakes coverups lies phonecalls etc.. i think most doctors who are now not familiar with the case will fall of there chair.. haha

I only hope they will not bring michael kids in it... and karen faye im not sure about

You cannot mislead the prosecution they have to know your defense before trial starts so they can prepare themselves. If you try to drop anything on them at the last minute the the judge will punish you for it

yep or exclude the evidence altogether

yup ,right now this is how i see ,his lawyers took this case because the most famous person on earth is associated with it ,weather they loose or win ,this is going to be huge publicity for them. from day one they are using sneddon technique ,they don't have defense at all.
if they are going with mj drank it theory ,i don't know how they gonna prove it because as autopsy states there is no damage to esophageal tissue because of drinking .so many discrepancies what ever route they take.

That's some nasty and counterproductive PR...on one hat there's a taped celebration of goodness personified, caring about people with no other medical attention- and then the argument is going to be that a Doctor can be reckless and negligent- when the patient is in supposed bad health??? What on earth?

I really would like to see the juror's faces (who might have an ailment or two themselves...) when being confronted with the theory that hey, recklessly endangering people is okay- particularly when they are supposedly not the strongest anyway?

Is that some kind of preemptive euthanasia? Ya know, patient was in ill health anyway- might as well really screw up???????
That kind of theory is an insult to medical personnel in palliative or geriatric care.
First of all the coroner's report spoke about a fairly healthy 50 year old- and secondly that line of thinking would be very revealing. :bugeyed

But I bet TMZ is having a good time dabbling in the darkest thoughts of humanity making this sh*t up as they go along.

If Murray is going to say MJ was in failing health, he is screwed, because just 40 minutes before he 'noticed' MJ dying he told the insurer that MJ's health was fine and the rumors of any failing health issues were not true.. How is he going to explain that?

If Murray is going to say MJ was in failing health, he is screwed, because just 40 minutes before he 'noticed' MJ dying he told the insurer that MJ's health was fine and the rumors of any failing health issues were not true.. How is he going to explain that?

If this is even somewhat true, I think that people have to remember what the defense's role is here. Primarily they are trying to keep Murray out of jail. So, even if they have to "dent" up their own client somewhat, if it keeps him from an involuntary manslaughter conviction, so what?

The prosecution would have a field day with witnesses who testify that all they did was sit outside of Michael's house ALL DAY, EVERYDAY and once Michael left his crib, they would follow him to where ever he was going.

The prosecution would make them look crazy and their credibility would be shot, in my opinion.

Is this true? didnt know that? every day? what about your own lifE?

but what did they say? i though a read somewhere they though he was in no good shape? But im not sure?

Are these fans the followers? orso?

Murrey has no defence, it is the same type of stunt that Sneddon pulled, throw as much dirt as possible and hope some sticks. Ultimately the buck stops with Murrey, he got the drugs, he injected them and he failed to provide the standard of care, and as his patient lay dying he was busy trying to cover up the evidence, and a jury is going to make their decision on that, not rumour, not hearsay, not whether or not a dentist should have sedated Blankett.

Dr. Murray's Defense: MJ Was In Failing Health
2/8/2011 12:55 AM PST by TMZ Staff

Michael Jackson was in such a weakened state before he died ... it's unfair to blame his death on Propofol ...and we've learned this is precisely what lawyers for Dr. Conrad Murray will argue to a jury.

0207-conrad-mj-getty-tmz-ex-02.jpg

Sources familiar with the case tell TMZ ... Dr. Murray's team will argue that at the time of his death, Jackson's body was failing him ... partly because he was "driven over the edge" by AEG to rehearse for his upcoming tour.

We're told Murray's lawyers will call witnesses to testify that Jackson was not showing up for rehearsals -- and when he did show, he was exhibiting "clear signs" of failing health.

The upshot of the defense ... even if jurors believe Dr. Murray administered the fatal dose of Propofol, Jackson was already in failing health.

But as TMZ has already reported ... Dr. Murray's lawyers will argue Jackson himself administered the fatal dose of Propofol to himself when Murray was out of the room.

The trial begins in April.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/02/08/micha...rehearsal-manslaughter-trial/#comments-anchor

Huh?! :wtf:

The trial begins in April. > April???? :doh: TMZ should be quiet. -_-

Murrey has no defence, it is the same type of stunt that Sneddon pulled, throw as much dirt as possible and hope some sticks. Ultimately the buck stops with Murrey, he got the drugs, he injected them and he failed to provide the standard of care, and as his patient lay dying he was busy trying to cover up the evidence, and a jury is going to make their decision on that, not rumour, not hearsay, not whether or not a dentist should have sedated Blankett.

Exactly..

He bought it, injected it, and didn't watch his patient, had no monitoring equipment and was chatting on the phone. If he knew his patient was in ill health he should've told AEG the concert could not go on until Mike was better. At that time he should've had Mike admitted to the hospital for observation. Is he trying to say his patient was in ill health yet he was going to let him perform anyway as long as he got his $150,000?

Murray needs to be shot.. He is a liar and low life. May he rot in hell!!

Uhh...am I missing something here? I thought MJ's autopsy report said that he was in good health for a man his age - and on day 6 of the preliminary hearing (1/11/2011), to be exact - LA coroner Christopher Rodgers testified that "MJ's overall health was excellent." So yeah...are my facts wrong on this one or something?

Uhh...am I missing something here? I thought MJ's autopsy report said that he was in good health for a man his age - and on day 6 of the preliminary hearing (1/11/2011), to be exact - LA coroner Christopher Rodgers testified that "MJ's overall health was excellent." So yeah...are my facts wrong on this one or something?

It did.. the coroner said MJ was healthy. Murray doesn't have a leg to stand on.. Besides if MJ was in failing health, he was his personal physician he should've known it and stopped the shows

Asking the same question
When I use to work for company if I get sick there doctor would have to say I am sick a doctor word is law if he say his patient is sick and can't work then AEG would have to postpone the show on till mj get well,
So Murray let AEG work his sick patient and then he drug him to sleep and wake him up to go work again in his sick state some doctor, I hope the judge throw the book and the hammer at murray.

1.you can't get addicted to anesthesia...you just can't, it doesn't make you high,you don't feel nothing!this is the purpose of this substances...
2.to accused Michael of putting his kids at risk is demented...and for what?what he would have to gain from this action?stupid..
3.the defense is lost and they are trying to confuse the public and to blame Michael...this won't work people-you can't blame the poor dead guy...

Back