Breaking News: Chris Brown Under Investigation For Assault; Brown & Rihanna To Miss Grammys

It's not okay for anyone to hit anyone, but a guy hitting a girl can cause harm that generally a girl hitting a guy can't. Depending, of course, on who's the stronger of the two. I mean, if it was Daryl Hanna hitting Chris Brown, then he'd have a right to defend himself, lol.

And we can say I've heard this and I've heard that. We really don't know what happened or why. I've seen footage of Chris Brown getting in to fights and have also heard he can be a real prick to people he's worked with. That's all irrelivent, because hitting a person who can't actually defend themselves is messed up.

I know.

but we don't know what happened. Maybe I'm crazy.....tryna pull the whole: you dont know the whole story, innocent until proven guilty...... I mean, we should all know about that, no???
But anyway, I'll be the first to say "oh no he didn't!!" if the media is reporting the absolute truth. Just tryna keep an open mind

Of course he deserves the benifit of the doubt. Something happened, and we'll just see. This is all under the assumption that he hit her. If he didn't, and she just called the cops because she's a drama queen, then she's at fault and should apologize to him.

I don't really care either way. I'm just saying it's wrong if he hit her, no excuses for why he did. I don't think he should go to jail and I don't think he will. He just needs a lesson in manners is all if it's true.

from the article posted earlier, Rihanna is not the one who called the police. A neighbor where they had pulled the car over and who saw what was happening called 911. Chris had left already, and when the cops arrived they said she had visible injuries.

from the article posted earlier, Rihanna is not the one who called the police. A neighbor where they had pulled the car over and who saw what was happening called 911. Chris had left already, and when the cops arrived they said she had visible injuries.

Well that makes it sound more like something really did go down and that Rihanna isn't being a drama queen. Who knows. That's what it sounds like from this info though.

Rihanna's Injuries -- "Horrific"

Posted Feb 9th 2009 10:30PM by TMZ Staff

0208_rihanna_brown_ex3.jpg
Law enforcement sources have now gotten specific with us... police took pictures of Rihanna's injuries and they are "horrific."

As we reported, the photos show major contusions on both sides of the singer's face -- there is serious swelling and bruising. Her lip is split and her nose bloody. We have now confirmed there are bite marks on one of her arms and on several fingers.

And we now know this... Rihanna claims Brown struck her with his fists and that's what did the damage. There was no object used in the alleged attack.

Rihanna refused treatment at the scene, but before she left cops took photos. We're told the photos alone are "devastating proof of abuse."

And we've learned it was not Rihanna who called 911. Someone in the area heard her screams and called.

they are saying that people like jay-z, timberland and other big time music industry people are very protective over rihanna and didnt even want her to have a bf. so yeah... they will NEVER work with him again. and who knows who else. this is just a horrible story.

Wow...This just makes me wonder what was going on through Chris's mind when he was doing this. To me, he has never seemed like the violent type. I truly feel sorry for both of them surprisingly. Well...you live, you learn. In Chris's case, you learn the hard way

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ent/celebrities/6255289.html

Police say Rihanna is aiding probe

R&B star Rihanna is cooperating with investigators building a domestic violence case against her boyfriend, singer Chris Brown, a Los Angeles police source said Monday.

The source said the 20-year-old performer, whose nonstage name is Robyn Rihanna Fenty, is providing “ongoing” cooperation with detectives who booked Brown on Sunday for suspicion of making criminal threats against her.

Rihanna suffered bruises and a scratch to her face during an early morning altercation with Brown following a pre-Grammy Awards party.

She was treated for her injuries .

Brown, a 19-year-old with a double-platinum record and dance moves frequently compared to Michael Jackson, fled before officers arrived, police said.

He remained free on $50,000 bail, but neither he nor his attorney would speak about allegations that rocked the Grammy ceremony. Brown and Rihanna both were nominated, but neither attended the ceremony.

The fight occurred after midnight in a quiet neighborhood where Brown had stopped the rented Lamborghini he was driving. According to police, several people saw or heard a loud, violent confrontation.

The luxury car was impounded because the alleged assault might have begun in the vehicle.

Brown sustained the first commercial fallout from the charge Monday when the makers of Doublemint gum suspended an endorsement deal.

A commercial in which Brown danced and sang an updated version of the chewing gum’s jingle aired during the Grammys.

“Wrigley is concerned by the serious allegations made against Chris Brown. We believe Mr. Brown should be afforded the same due process as any citizen. However, we have made the decision to suspend the current advertising featuring Brown and any related marketing communications until the matter is resolved,” according to a statement from the William Wrigley Jr. Co.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ent/celebrities/6255289.html

Police say Rihanna is aiding probe

R&B star Rihanna is cooperating with investigators building a domestic violence case against her boyfriend, singer Chris Brown, a Los Angeles police source said Monday.

The source said the 20-year-old performer, whose nonstage name is Robyn Rihanna Fenty, is providing “ongoing” cooperation with detectives who booked Brown on Sunday for suspicion of making criminal threats against her.

Rihanna suffered bruises and a scratch to her face during an early morning altercation with Brown following a pre-Grammy Awards party.

She was treated for her injuries .

Brown, a 19-year-old with a double-platinum record and dance moves frequently compared to Michael Jackson, fled before officers arrived, police said.

He remained free on $50,000 bail, but neither he nor his attorney would speak about allegations that rocked the Grammy ceremony. Brown and Rihanna both were nominated, but neither attended the ceremony.

The fight occurred after midnight in a quiet neighborhood where Brown had stopped the rented Lamborghini he was driving. According to police, several people saw or heard a loud, violent confrontation.

The luxury car was impounded because the alleged assault might have begun in the vehicle.

Brown sustained the first commercial fallout from the charge Monday when the makers of Doublemint gum suspended an endorsement deal.

A commercial in which Brown danced and sang an updated version of the chewing gum’s jingle aired during the Grammys.

“Wrigley is concerned by the serious allegations made against Chris Brown. We believe Mr. Brown should be afforded the same due process as any citizen. However, we have made the decision to suspend the current advertising featuring Brown and any related marketing communications until the matter is resolved,” according to a statement from the William Wrigley Jr. Co.

you notice how we are encouraged never to bring Michael Jackson into these things, but you notice, no matter how serious these articles are, the reporters cannot resist bringing Michael Jackson's name into these. it may seem inappropriate to say, but, apparently MJ's star power is so big that no incident is serious enough for people to stop gravitating toward MJ's name.

you notice how we are encouraged never to bring Michael Jackson into these things, but you notice, no matter how serious these articles are, the reporters cannot resist bringing Michael Jackson's name into these. it may seem inappropriate to say, but, apparently MJ's star power is so big that no incident is serious enough for people to stop gravitating toward MJ's name.

agreed 100

They do always manage to bring up Mike's name, it's actually annoying, lol. We do it too, lol.

Back on topic, this is a straight mess.

every week i would listen to the top forty, and ryan seacrest, every time a chris brown song came on or a rihanna song came on, he would egg on the topic and ask the question...are they an item? are they together? it was like the pressure was always on...they gotta be together. no matter how hard each party tried to hide it, seacrest kept bringing it up. it's like there is this pressure to throw people together, who just aren't ready to be together. at least, it comes across that way in this case.

This clown battered Rihanna? My baby? I hope he had a damn good reason. If not, I hope he gets the full strength of the law and hopefully I won't have to see that crappy double-mint gum commercial anymore.

1st i hear rhianna was the jealous controlling bitch in the relationship now chis clown is the abusive boyfriend. either way they both suck and i hope chris clown goes to jail so sum1 can pound in his face like he did rhianna. as much as i dislike the both of them hitting a female is just wrong

what ? i thought u were crazy about rihanna. thought u were a hardcore fan of hers :blink:

um...hmmmmmmm

this is what chris' friend had to say...

February 10, 2009. A friend of Chris Brown reached out to MediaTakeOut.com, offering us this explanation of what happened on Saturday night:

[Rihanna is] outrageously jealous and insecure. So [Chris] would get into arguments and fights with her. He never hit her once but she'd [allegedly] smack him, bite him and scratch him and once he even got hit in the balls kinda' hard. So [she] got into the habit of hitting him because to her it was fine since he never hit her back.

[On Saturday night, Chris] finally told her to shut the f*ck up and it's over. So she socked the shit out of him while he was driving and kept on hitting him until he crashed into a parked car.

[Chris] then got out of the car and tried to pull her out and got hit in the face some more numerous times. Scratched up and everything.

Simply because he was done with all of the drama. Anyway when she smacked him this last time he smacked her back. So he [left Rihanna there alone].

Hurt from banging her face on the windshield/dashboard from the car accident [somebody] then called the cops and [Rihanna] told them that [Chris] whipped her ass.

[Later the next day, Chris] wanted to go get his things from her apt to go to a hotel and saw a million cop cars there.

So he left and when he sent us to retrieve his stuff, this girl didn't want to let us get his 6 bags of stuff. She said tell him to come get it himself … Tell him to answer his phone and that I'm sorry we can work this out. To which I said, hell no my friend isn't coming anywhere near here. It's too late for all of that. He just wants his luggage and you guys need never to see each other anymore….

Sh*t happens was definitely in effect and it's crazy how everyone can jump on a woman's side and not know what happened. Hind sight is 20/20 and I told [him that] he should've gotten out of the car and called the cops on her a*s when it was just him with scratches and shit.​
This seems like a very interesting story. Of course we have absolutely no way to know whether it’s true or just damage control.

It does get a little tricky however. You’ll recall that initially both Rihanna and Chris’ people were claiming that Rihanna was injured in a “traffic accident.” Also, according to TMZ, their Lamborghini was towed from the scene of the alleged assault in Hancock Park to a nearby police impound lot. Could the car have been damaged???

Developing….

AND SHE IS NOT HELPING W/ TH E INVESTIGATION NOW...WHAT SHE GOT TO HIDE?

tmz is wack cuz they also said he hit her w /a deadly weapon and they were wrong

February 10, 2009. Yesterday MediaTakeOut.com told you that Rihanna did not want to help police prosecute Chris Brown. Our insider believed that it was because she didn’t want Chris to go to prison. But now it appears that there may be another reason.

While the L.A. Times claims that Rihanna is “cooperating” with police, E! News is claiming that Rihanna IS NOT cooperating fully with police. Specifically, she’s refusing to answer questions surrounding why the couple argued.

Here’s what E! News is reporting:

“Rihanna has been reluctant to reveal to investigators specifically what the couple had been arguing about before it turned physical.”​

i dont believe a word of that ^ if that story was true then chris' face would be messed up as well. also, why would rihanna file charges against chris if she was the one who beat him up (lol) ? even if this story was true which im sure its not chris had no right to smack her back no matter how many times she hit him. shes a woman and hes supposed to be a man. hope his criminal ass goes straight to prison. his career has been seriously damaged after this.

Hey I dont now what to say. But if this story is true then its very sad :( Because no matter what happens in a Relationship never hit a women .

Rihanna reportedly attacked by boyfirend Chris Brown

Published Date: 10 February 2009
POP superstar Rihanna today announced she will pull out of a concert this week following reports she had been attacked by long-time boyfriend Chris Brown.
Brown was arrested after an argument with a woman police have refused to identify which came after a party before last Sunday's Grammy awards in Los Angeles.

He was being held at a police station when he should have been performing as one of the s
ADVERTISEMENT
tar turns at the event.

The Los Angeles Times reported today that Rihanna told police Brown had hurt her the night before the awards.

Meanwhile Rihanna's agents said that a concert due in Malaysia on February 13 would have to be rescheduled to an unspecified date "in light of recent events involving Rihanna".

The 20-year-old singer had been due to visit Indonesia and Malaysia on her "Good Girl Gone Bad" tour.

Brown has been booked only on suspicion of making a criminal threat after walking into a police station on Sunday night. Authorities said the district attorney can choose to expand the charges.

Brown's arrest has potentially devastating implications for the 19-year-old heart-throb because it unravels his charming, wholesome image.

"If it's true, his career is probably over," said Billboard magazine's editorial director, Bill Werde, although he cautioned that "it's important to withhold judgment until all of the facts are known."

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/entertainment/Rihanna-reportedly-attacked-by-boyfirend.4964285.jp

Is it a co-incident or what
Guess who is his attorney ?
Yep! Make no mistake ..... it's Mark Geregos!
And word on the street is Rihana's now back in Barbedos (sp).
This almost has a restraining order sealed.

Last edited:
No one knows all the facts, but we all know about Rihanna hitting Chris in public. What the hell is that? As a woman, I find it almost disgusting that everyone jumps on Chris immediately. I'm no fan of Chris Brown and in no way am I "supporting" him, but that kids as much of a "thug" as I am.

Regardless, what he did was wrong, but some woman are too much and ask for it. I'm not saying that's the case here, but we don't know.

in my opinion, they both got their heads in the clouds. stupid brats hit on the head by fame...why hasn't Michael ever attacked anyone? they can't handle the pressure at all.

actually technically there is no pressure for them to handle.

Back