Breaking News: Chris Brown Under Investigation For Assault; Brown & Rihanna To Miss Grammys

Dorothy_Marie

Proud Member
http://www.accesshollywood.com/chri...own-and-rihanna-to-miss-grammys_article_13713

LOS ANGELES, Calif. --
Rihanna and Chris Brown have pulled out of the Grammy Awards following an alleged violent incident on Saturday night, Access Hollywood has learned.
The LAPD is currently investigating Brown for assault following an alleged domestic violence felony battery against an undisclosed woman at 12:30 AM on Sunday in Los Angeles.
According to the LAPD, the R&B singer and the woman were in a vehicle on North June St. in the Hancock Park area of LA, where the victim claims an argument occurred. Brown allegedly stopped the car and the woman suffered “visible injuries” and identified the singer as her attacker.

“Mr Brown is a suspect that we are looking for… we would definitely like to speak with him,” a spokesperson for the LAPD told Access on Sunday.
When contacted by Access on Sunday night, a rep for Rihanna said that the singer was “well.”
“Rihanna is well. Thank you for concern and support,” the rep said.
A rep for Chris Brown did not return calls from Access.
On Saturday evening, the music couple walked the red carpet separately at the Grammy Salute to Industry Icons honoring Clive Davis at the Beverly Hilton, and were spotted smiling together inside the party.
Rihanna was set to perform and is nominated for three Grammys, while Brown is up for two awards at the ceremony.

just heard of it but don't really get it... did he beat up a woman or... ... hit her with his car?

oh poo...I put this in the grammy thread...oh well! prob needs it's own thread :yes:

to dangerous88- probably some person-to-person contact. Well, he and whoever he was with would prob have a driver for the clive davis party....I guess.

this is really unfortunate

Partial conjecture, but it seems to me that Chris Brown may have beaten up Rhianna.

If it wasn't Rihanna, then he's got some serious explaining to do. Rihanna or not, doesn't sound too good unless someone is trying to ride the gravy train. Seems like both Ri and Chris both cancelling Grammy appearances, considering their "popularity" right now, is gonna be the big gossip/news surrounding the event for awhile.

people are saying it's b/c she gave him herpes....not to say that's ok but they were fighting about that and him in europe hanging out w/ females....hmmmmmmm
huh??!!??!!?? I didn't hear about that first part :no:
geez........

edit: actually now I did hear about that first part

edit 2: this story is really unfolding..a bit. apparently Chris has turned himself in, been booked on felony charges and bail is set at $50,000... I feel bad :(

Last edited:
Chris Brown Surrenders to Police, Makes Bail
By Ken Lee
Sunday February 08, 2009 12:00 AM EST

Chris Brown surrendered to Los Angeles police on Sunday evening regarding a felony battery investigation of the R&B singer, Officer Karen Smith confirms to PEOPLE.

"He turned himself in around 7 p.m. to one of our stations and is being interviewed by detectives now," Officer Smith said.

According to law enforcement records, Brown, 19, was taken into custody at 6:30 p.m. and was officially booked at 7:41 p.m. for making criminal threats.

Brown posted $50,000 bail and was released.

After the case is presented to the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office additional charges may be filed. The penal Code that defines a criminal threat reads:

"Any person who willfully threatens to commit a crime which will result in death or great bodily injury to another person, with the specific intent that the statement, made verbally, in writing, or by means of an electronic communication device, is to be taken as a threat."

xdigs4.jpg

Update from LA Times.

Los Angeles police said they plan to detain R&B singer Chris Brown for questioning in connection with an alleged domestic violence assault against his girlfriend, pop singer Rihanna, according to sources familiar with the investigation.

[Updated 8 p.m.] Brown arrived at the Wilshire Division station about 7:15 p.m., accompanied by his attorney Mark Geragos and Geragos' investigator Scott Ross. The pair drove into a parking lot behind the station on Venice Boulevard, east of La Brea Avenue, in a black Escalade. Brown and the man entered through a back door where a posted sign stated for “authorized personnel only.” Police are expected to release a statement later this evening

Brown and Rihanna canceled their performances at tonight's Grammy Awards.

The incident is being investigated as a felony domestic violence case, police said. It was reported about 12:30 a.m. Sunday in Hancock Park.

Brown and Rihanna, whose full name is Robyn Rihanna Fenty, were apparently in a car together and got into an argument on North June Street, according to a Los Angeles Police Department statement. Brown stopped the car, the two got out, and the argument escalated, according to police.

A witness called 911, but Brown was gone when officers arrived at the scene. The woman suffered visible injuries and identified Brown as her attacker, according to police.

So he beat Rihanna? UGH!
What happened is unfortunate but to be honest, i am glad to be able to watch the grammys without them two.

his career is ruined.
That's what I was thinking...if not ruined, then at least its an image ruiner, and could hurt his career.

Considering we don't know the whole story I can't say anyhting about Chris (besides, from what I heard, she is a drama queen). Sooooooo, until I hear the whole story (if ever) then I guess I'll have to be neutral
:( (though I dont think guys should hit girls)

this isnt about the music industry. this is about the society as a whole. ppl like u and me buy his songs and we are not part of the music industry. i assure u many ppl do care about what happens to women especially in this day and age. especially in a country like the US.

All I know is that I will wait for a statement from both Chris and Rihanna before I make up my mind about this.

You would think these celebrities would think twice before doing ish like this.
I'd love to work at a tabloid right now... field day.

Man, this came out of nowhere. I don't get it. They really don't know who the woman was. How can they say it's Rihanna?

Last edited:
vick was found guilty. kobe wasnt. irrelevent i know...

Wow, I'm shocked a little bit.

Update from LA Times.

Los Angeles police said they plan to detain R&B singer Chris Brown for questioning in connection with an alleged domestic violence assault against his girlfriend, pop singer Rihanna, according to sources familiar with the investigation.

[Updated 8 p.m.] Brown arrived at the Wilshire Division station about 7:15 p.m., accompanied by his attorney Mark Geragos and Geragos' investigator Scott Ross. The pair drove into a parking lot behind the station on Venice Boulevard, east of La Brea Avenue, in a black Escalade. Brown and the man entered through a back door where a posted sign stated for “authorized personnel only.” Police are expected to release a statement later this evening

Brown and Rihanna canceled their performances at tonight's Grammy Awards.

The incident is being investigated as a felony domestic violence case, police said. It was reported about 12:30 a.m. Sunday in Hancock Park.

Brown and Rihanna, whose full name is Robyn Rihanna Fenty, were apparently in a car together and got into an argument on North June Street, according to a Los Angeles Police Department statement. Brown stopped the car, the two got out, and the argument escalated, according to police.

A witness called 911, but Brown was gone when officers arrived at the scene. The woman suffered visible injuries and identified Brown as her attacker, according to police.
That's bad, Chris. :no:

okay, so I am the only one that has NO idea where you all r talkin about?!

Not trying to make light/a joke out of this, but it does seem ironic this is happening considering for the longest time neither Chris Brown nor Rihanna would admit they were even in a relationship -- let alone a tumultuous one.

It does surprise me about Brown though; I mean, I'm not a HUGE fan of his, but I always thought he was a bit classier than some of the other R&B/Hip-Hop artists out there.

Wonder what was said to set him off?

Now they are bringing in all the history lessons of how Browns family had a history of dometic violence etc.

This is just soo soo random. Brown justs idnd't seem like the type who'd do such a thing...crazy! I hope the Rihanna will be fine.

please his career will be just fine . no one cares about what happens to women...case in point, mike vick career ruined cuz he killed his dogs....thrown off the team and kicked out of the nfl...

kobe bryant accused of rape, still able to play,had his best games when he had to play right after court in denver, and people still love him.

if chris hit a dog, his career would be finished but lets all not try to kid ourselves and think that women are respected entities in music.....if they were, explotative songs wouldn't be the hitmakers

yeah but unfortunately, even though Michael was found not guilty, his image got ruined... :no:

Back