IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - New UK Single Release Date: 5th Dec 2010

Please note the Michael Jackson ‘Hold My Hand (Duet With Akon)’ single is changing release date in the UK, following unprecedented positive feedback from both media and fans.
In order to maximise this support and generate as much excitement for the album ‘Michael’, the download will now be available from SUNDAY 5TH DECEMBER.

Furthermore, due to overwhelming demand, a CD single is now confirmed for release in the UK on MONDAY 6TH DECEMBER.

The CD tracklisting is:

HOLD MY HAND (DUET WITH AKON)
1. Album Version
2. Vocals & Orchestra
3. Alternate Mix
4. Instrumental

Other than track 1, these versions will be exclusive to the CD single.

kind of annoyed about having to wait even longer, but its a wise move on their part, can't wait to buy the single :) its got to be number 1 !!

Will there be a chance that "Another Day'' releases as a CD single?

Am going to buy several copies, at least more than 20,
I want MJ to have a number 1 single.
please lets do everything to support this release.

i don't get it. usually when someone feels maximum demand, the item goes on sale, immediately. you know...'due to popular demand, a second show has been added immediately', is what they say for concerts. i mean, the single is already on sale in the usa

Last edited:
As much as it annoys me that we have to wait yet another week I will definitely be buying the awesome physical single! I haven't bought a single since I was 15 so this is a first in a loooong time!

Okkk. I guess it's good news. Only curious about the date (does it have anything to do with the O show?..) and will it be released only in the UK? :(

Okay i'm getting confused, the statement said due to the feedback they are releasing the physical CD single. What was the plan, did they plan on just releasing for digital download like TII, were they just accepting that it would linger at the bottom of the charts and then disappear, why were we being told the promotion was going to be huge?

I didn't realise they were only planning a digital only release... :brow:
I haven't bought a cd single disc for years so not sure if digital only releases are that common? Never even knew it was like that at times... Man I am getting old :fear: I need to get with it :lol:

I will buy the single don't get me wrong but i've seen or heard no promotion on local radio stations in my area or heard much hype about it on TV or anywhere...

They need to get more Promos in gear !

I didn't realise they were only planning a digital only release... :brow:
I haven't bought a cd single disc for years so not sure if digital only releases are that common? Never even knew it was like that at times... Man I am getting old :fear: I need to get with it :lol:

Hey i know what you mean i went into HMV the other day looking for the singles and the girl told me they only stock the top ten so if your single doesn't chart at 10 or higher then they won't stock it, i remember when singles where the main thing and they would have the whole top 50 and maybe more in the shop. Sony obviously weren't planning on getting it into the top 10.

yay. apparently this is a UK only release right? Guess I'll buy it from HMV online.

Back