IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - New UK Single Release Date: 5th Dec 2010

not sure what to think of this. i guess theres no point releasing the single if the video isnt finished. but its getting support from the main 2 uk stations at the mo. will that still be ongoing around the 6th or will airplay peaked to early? is it like the old days still, where a single would be palyed for upto 3 weeks or so on the radio b4 an actual physical release?

glad theres a physical release. means i dont have to bother trying to download itunes

Happy that we're getting a CD single!! :) I'll buy mine off HMV online. :)

Heard HMH a few times on Radio 2 now so I'm happy its finally getting airplay. I really hope they do something else to promote it though, I want this song at No.1! (Video on X Factor Sunday maybe??)

To see something on XFactor before the release would be cool as the show always pushes albums and singles up the charts! Glad to hear it's being played on Radio2... anybody hear it on Radio1??

I'm sooooo excited... my Girlfriend has kinda become a MJJC widow though lol x

I have a funny feeling that HMH is going to be a number 1 hit in the UK.

It's getting a lot of support from both Radio 1 and Radio 2. The video will be out by December 5th as well.

I'm excited.

By the time the single is released, radio play will have fallen - I'm half expecting the song to have been dropped by radio1 this time tomorrow. They announce their new playlist around 5pm on Wednesdays and the song is on the C-list. I haven't heard it at all on that station since it was playlisted.

The only way it even stands a chance of going to No.1 is if X Factor dedicate time to the single and music video, which is unlikely as they would presumably line an X Factor special to support the album instead of the single. There may be no MJ special at all this year. If they don't feature this on X Factor at all then the guest stars featuring on the show will beat MJ.

BTW the 'unprecedented positive feedback' is nonsense. The song is not being played by stations as much as many other songs, so how can that be the case. Even if it were true, surely it would cause the single to be brought to capitalise on sales, not delayed!

By the time the single is released, radio play will have fallen -
thats what im wondering. time will tell i guess. nothing changes with feck ups by sony.i guess its delayed cause of the video being filmed now.

By the time the single is released, radio play will have fallen - I'm half expecting the song to have been dropped by radio1 this time tomorrow. They announce their new playlist around 5pm on Wednesdays and the song is on the C-list. I haven't heard it at all on that station since it was playlisted.

The only way it even stands a chance of going to No.1 is if X Factor dedicate time to the single and music video, which is unlikely as they would presumably line an X Factor special to support the album instead of the single. There may be no MJ special at all this year. If they don't feature this on X Factor at all then the guest stars featuring on the show will beat MJ.

BTW the 'unprecedented positive feedback' is nonsense. The song is not being played by stations as much as many other songs, so how can that be the case. Even if it were true, surely it would cause the single to be brought to capitalise on sales, not delayed!

As far i can see it has already fallen and in Ireland it never even got a chance.

Well thats the kind of positivity we all need, isn't it?

Is a drop in radio 1 really that bad? Radio 1 play absolute garbage and I really didn't expect it to be on A-List on that station anyway. HMH is best suited for Radio 2. I know JLS ' recent song 'Love You More' was played on radio 2 weeks and weeks before release, because it was played all the time. That song got to No.1 (might have been helped by X Factor & Children In Need) but the radio airplay didn't fall just because it was aired weeks in advance.

Also, we've had absolutely no promo for this single at all besides radio! Nothing. It needs time and I hope Sony will build up the momentum. There's no way they would release a CD single is they weren't going to do some sort of promotion.

I find it sad that fans already have this set up to fail and we're still weeks away from the releases of this and the album.

Back