Controversial MJ Documentary Leaving Neverland [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Re: Sundance Festival 2019 - Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland"

Possibly, while watching a video about these two liars it was mentioned that Ch 4 has screened 2 previous "documentaries, I can't even remember them airing. I think the fact that pair have had their cases thrown out already, we have all the evidence that they lied, we have shared that, the estate has shared that and yet HBO still give them a plat form is the real cause of anger and frustration here

HBO and now VPRO saying it's very powerful is undoubtedly to get people to watch it. I can't see any other reason for them saying it's powerful because we know zero evidence is being presented here. If it's true that at least one allegation is based on Victor Guitierrez's book... hey I guess these networks find that powerful too. A sick pedophile fantasy really.

If HBO had not been in the know about all the facts then I guess I could understand them going through with airing it, but they received a ten page letter by the estate with tons of facts. So either they genuinely still find the "doc" powerful despite knowing these facts, which I doubt, or they are well known of how untrustworthy these guys are but they already have the "doc" and most of all hope to get a lot of ratings.

I would love if this shit backfires on Wade, Safechuck, Reed, HBO, VPRO and all the other networks. With that i mean not a whole lot of people tuning in for it. And the ones that do have a mind of their own (hopefully) and will not be fooled. Nobody in their right mind can believe these two if they would know all they need to know about this scum.

It just remains to be seen how people overall will react to it. Sadly a lot of people do have HBO, even in Holland. I mean Internet and TV provider Ziggo here offers HBO with it. Let's just hope people don't jump to conclusions and if they do we can only hope the outcome won't be too horrible. Which would mean these people boycotting his music, streaming services pulling his music etc. I doubt that.

Hell, to this day Roman Polanski is celebrated at award shows for his movies, same goes for Woody Allen and more.

The doc wouldn't be a lot of people's cup of tea, I've seen the Rkelly doc as I've scrolled through my listings and never thought to watch it, no comparing the cases I just mean the premise of this genre wouldn't have anyone I know rushing to watch

It's when I read comments like these that I'm starting to think we as fans may have been too panicky. We naturally started seeing all kinds of doom scenarios about how the majority of people would boycott MJ, but what if that's not going to be the case? We know the media has it out for MJ and they don't care and the TV networks still believe they can hook tons of people with this, so.... all about the money.

But what if that's not the case? A friend of mine the other day brought up MJ in a pub and warned them of this mockumentary. Nobody there had any idea such a thing was even gonna happen. So it seems that either the news hasn't picked up on it here(except for tabloid crap shows) or people have learned from the trial and aren't so easy to fool anymore.

It's also entirely possible that I will be eating these words once the "doc" has aired but that remains to be seen.

That's what I've tried to keep telling everyone....They need to get people to WATCH it first. Most people tune out after the first commercial break. That's what I used to do until my TV broke and I couldn't have been bothered to even buy a new TV. I haven't watched TV for about 2 years by now. I watch some shows online because they are without commercials. Or I watch Netflix. But other than that....no clue what's on TV. And there are so many channels that it's even harder to get an audience. That's exactly why they are hell bent on airing somethinig with MJ in it. They need ratings.

So let's say they get people to watch it. Then they also need to get people to believe it. There are stupid people in the world who will fall for everything, but let's not underestimate the people in the audience. Not everyone is stupid and will fall for anything they are presented with. If it's airing in the UK, people are used to reading trash in the Sun or the Daily Mail or The Mirror and know they are garbage. MJ was going to have FIFTY shows in LONDON in 2009. FIFTY shows that SOLD OUT. And that was only 4 years after the trial. That should show that enough people know that he was found ininocent and that people had done their homework. 750,000 people bought tickets to his shows. And there were THOUSANDS more who would have wanted to buy tickets but were unable to. All those for sure knew about all the allegations and lies about him but for sure also knew that he was innocent. Let's not forget that. So iif they knew then, they will know now as well and will do their homework or at the very least use their common sense this time also. I truly think the media and Dan Reed underestimate the intelligence of the general public.

And again...as I have said...before people start painting all these gloomy future scenarios...just look at the follower numbers or the RT numbers of those who keep posting all this crap? They only have a few followers. They barely get even 20 RTs for their tweets. Gayle got THOUSANDS of comments for her IG post....but basically 99,9% of them were PRO-MJ. If you look at the responses all these negative tweets get, there is maybe ONE person agreeing with them and the rest is PRO-MJ and people who are either fans tweeting them facts or other people who are just sick of unfair journalism and injustice in general.

We, the fans, are the majority and we need to keep up the positive attitude and the pro-MJ vibe. If we start showing weakness and get all "gloom and doom", it's like sharks smelling blood...it will only egg them on. And if the general public will start seeing US feeling defeated or us talking about how "this is the end"....then THAT is exactly what we will achieve. Don't fall for that. That is what they want and are trying to do. Keep posting facts, keep your cool and reply with respect and facts only. Don't use name calling because that seems to be what they are trying to use against us. They try to discredit us by calling us "crazy, violent, deranged" fans. So just reply with facts, with respect and without name calling. Keep it civil. That way they won't have a leg to stand on against us. Keep posting MJ's songs, keep streaming his songs, keep posting positive articles...anything postive and pro MJ. Show everyone you're a fan. Don't mention the mockumentary if no one talks about it. And don't comment on negative articles with a RT quoting the article and giving them attention. And DON'T CLICK ON NEGATIVE ARTICLES. If the headline is negative DON'T CLICK ON IT.

Hm when this is true Brett and Mac should have some possibilitys to stop the airing from this garbage.

From what I understand they mention them but also say that they have denied having being abused or something of that sort.

All famous and rich people should be afraid now that something like this nightmare can happen to them, their family and legacy one day when they are gone and should try now to instult laws against it.
1. Against people who saying something under oath and change their story many years later when they can expect money for it.
2. Against people who can accuse and slander a dead person for a crime cause its unfair.

Sadly those who are endorsing this mockumentary don't unerstand that they are making bullying, slandering and false allegations acceptable.

Last edited:

Of course its P.R .what the heck do you expect them to say inorder to get people to watch it. Common sense folks

Wade etc claim mac and brett became mjs new things. They were pushed to the side to make way for brett etc. The implication is obviously made

I think one thing that may reduce the number of viewers is the length of the damn thing. The press have been talking trash for a few weeks now (well in truth they’ve talked trash about Michael since 1987 but you know what I mean) and the casual viewer is going to think they are not going to see anything they haven’t already been told about. Not sure how many will commit to 4 hours to watch it. Even if it is spread over two days.

summer;4240798 said:
That's what I've tried to keep telling everyone....They need to get people to WATCH it first. Most people tune out after the first commercial break. That's what I used to do until my TV broke and I couldn't have been bothered to even buy a new TV. I haven't watched TV for about 2 years by now. I watch some shows online because they are without commercials. Or I watch Netflix. But other than that....no clue what's on TV. And there are so many channels that it's even harder to get an audience. That's exactly why they are hell bent on airing somethinig with MJ in it. They need ratings.

So let's say they get people to watch it. Then they also need to get people to believe it. There are stupid people in the world who will fall for everything, but let's not underestimate the people in the audience. Not everyone is stupid and will fall for anything they are presented with. If it's airing in the UK, people are used to reading trash in the Sun or the Daily Mail or The Mirror and know they are garbage. MJ was going to have FIFTY shows in LONDON in 2009. FIFTY shows that SOLD OUT. And that was only 4 years after the trial. That should show that enough people know that he was found ininocent and that people had done their homework. 750,000 people bought tickets to his shows. And there were THOUSANDS more who would have wanted to buy tickets but were unable to. All those for sure knew about all the allegations and lies about him but for sure also knew that he was innocent. Let's not forget that. So iif they knew then, they will know now as well and will do their homework or at the very least use their common sense this time also. I truly think the media and Dan Reed underestimate the intelligence of the general public.

And again...as I have said...before people start painting all these gloomy future scenarios...just look at the follower numbers or the RT numbers of those who keep posting all this crap? They only have a few followers. They barely get even 20 RTs for their tweets. Gayle got THOUSANDS of comments for her IG post....but basically 99,9% of them were PRO-MJ. If you look at the responses all these negative tweets get, there is maybe ONE person agreeing with them and the rest is PRO-MJ and people who are either fans tweeting them facts or other people who are just sick of unfair journalism and injustice in general.

We, the fans, are the majority and we need to keep up the positive attitude and the pro-MJ vibe. If we start showing weakness and get all "gloom and doom", it's like sharks smelling blood...it will only egg them on. And if the general public will start seeing US feeling defeated or us talking about how "this is the end"....then THAT is exactly what we will achieve. Don't fall for that. That is what they want and are trying to do. Keep posting facts, keep your cool and reply with respect and facts only. Don't use name calling because that seems to be what they are trying to use against us. They try to discredit us by calling us "crazy, violent, deranged" fans. So just reply with facts, with respect and without name calling. Keep it civil. That way they won't have a leg to stand on against us. Keep posting MJ's songs, keep streaming his songs, keep posting positive articles...anything postive and pro MJ. Show everyone you're a fan. Don't mention the mockumentary if no one talks about it. And don't comment on negative articles with a RT quoting the article and giving them attention. And DON'T CLICK ON NEGATIVE ARTICLES. If the headline is negative DON'T CLICK ON IT.

From what I understand they mention them but also say that they have denied having being abused or something of that sort.

Sadly those who are endorsing this mockumentary don't unerstand that they are making bullying, slandering and false allegations acceptable.
Yes, it’s 2019 and anyone who were ever interested in MJ at all should want to know the background or already know it.

Albion;4240804 said:
I think one thing that may reduce the number of viewers is the length of the damn thing. The press have been talking trash for a few weeks now (well in truth they’ve talked trash about Michael since 1987 but you know what I mean) and the casual viewer is going to think they are not going to see anything they haven’t already been told about. Not sure how many will commit to 4 hours to watch it. Even if it is spread over two days.

Totally agree. Ridiculous amount of time. Heck even if it were a pro mj doc it would have to really grab me to sit through 4 hrs. The only people who will sit through are "perves" like those who push the romance between a man and a 7 year old. Total overkill even for a hater.most people will get soundbits as they alway do from the media who hopefully will be bored and moved onto something else by then

Albion;4240804 said:
They talked trash in periods since the mid 80s they then they used to call him ***** ***** and kind of tried to play Michael and Janet or Michael and Prince against each other and people had debates in magazines which came out every other week..

Last edited:

Aw guys. What an absolute mess!!

Sadly I've not been active member of the MJJ community for a great number of years but I've been an avid supporter of MJ since the mid 90's and my fandom continues strong to the present day. I aggressively supported MJ back during the 05 trial - forever present on the forums dissecting transcripts - and even went out to Santa Barbara to fight among fellow fans.

Over the years we have managed to restore Michael's reputation and the focus was rightly pointing in the direction of his talent and humanitarian efforts. Again, we find ourselves at the mercy of mindless idiots enabled by the mass media who fail to objectively report and rely on shocking click bait headlines to grab the attention of the general public. In comparison with 05 I feel the coverage is far more aggressive however it may just be due to the greater presence of social media to peddle bias reporting? I can't pretend to be surprised that the media are blatantly omitting the fact that Wade and Safechuck previously denied any wrong-doing on MJ's part - but it's incredibly frustrating they fail to report this as it would at least prompt the public to raise doubts and encourage them to ask questions.

I seriously hope that once this "documentary" is aired the fall out isn't our anticipated worst case scenario, but I predict a media circus for a number of weeks, possibly longer. I would like to say that I trust the public to recognise that this will be a one sided account and not accept these testimonials at face value, however with the growing trend of 'expose' documentaries we very much live in an age where we are inclined to believe allegations of this nature.

I sincerely hope the Estate are working tirelessly behind the scenes to counteract these claims through an appropriate medium as quick as possible. Sadly these letters, as strongly worded as they are, will not be effective. We, and Michael's legacy deserve better from the Estate. We cannot be expected to ride this out in the hope that the frenzy will subside!

In the meantime - stay strong!!

Can the Estate sue The Sun ?

Channel 4 and HBO funded this from inception right? So there's no reason to suggest they'd say otherwise. It's too late for them to do anything other than back it all the way.

Channel 4 and HBO funded this from inception right? So there's no reason to suggest they'd say otherwise. It's too late for them to do anything other than back it all the way.

Yup, it's so strange tho with the amount of readily available proof they're lying

Which is why HBO gave the estate the figure.. they were behind the project!

I agree, maybe this is the time to suppress liars once for all. Enough is enough and times have changed.

I truly believe this will be a blessing in disguise we have just got to ride it out.

Yup, it's so strange tho with the amount of readily available proof they're lying

They know there are two words that grab people's attention and sell: Michael Jackson

He's the most famous person on this planet who happens to also be most loved. It's not a coincdence why this is happening. Wade couldn't capitalize by using MJ's name with Cirque Du Soleil and he was unable to make money out of MJ in court so this is his revenge. Him and James are two very sick individuals. Dan is as well but Wade and James even more so, considering they were FRIENDS with Michael!!! After everything MJ did to them.....Unbelievable!!! And people like these are what make me even more SAD that I was never able to meet Michael and be friends with him. I know I would have NEVER EVER betrayed him. But it's gold diggers like the Robsons who got to spend time with him....It's heartbreaking. :cry:

They talked trash in periods since the mid 80s they then they used to call him ***** ***** and kind of tried to play Michael and Janet or Michael and Prince against each other and people had debates in magazines which came out every other week..

Yes the slander of the media began in 1984 directly after the thriller sucess. You can see it in this video:
https://youtu.be/NNV8ZvD4SUs

But they never had really something effective what could bring MJ down until the greedy Evan Chandler came in MJs life.

Last edited:

They know there are two words that grab people's attention and sell: Michael Jackson

He's the most famous person on this planet who happens to also be most loved. It's not a coincdence why this is happening. Wade couldn't capitalize by using MJ's name with Cirque Du Soleil and he was unable to make money out of MJ in court so this is his revenge. Him and James are two very sick individuals. Dan is as well but Wade and James even more so, considering they were FRIENDS with Michael!!! After everything MJ did to them.....Unbelievable!!! And people like these are what make me even more SAD that I was never able to meet Michael and be friends with him. I know I would have NEVER EVER betrayed him. But it's gold diggers like the Robsons who got to spend time with him....It's heartbreaking. :cry:

I hope this backfire like *#@#kr&

It's when I read comments like these that I'm starting to think we as fans may have been too panicky. We naturally started seeing all kinds of doom scenarios about how the majority of people would boycott MJ, but what if that's not going to be the case? We know the media has it out for MJ and they don't care and the TV networks still believe they can hook tons of people with this, so.... all about the money.

But what if that's not the case? A friend of mine the other day brought up MJ in a pub and warned them of this mockumentary. Nobody there had any idea such a thing was even gonna happen. So it seems that either the news hasn't picked up on it here(except for tabloid crap shows) or people have learned from the trial and aren't so easy to fool anymore.

It's also entirely possible that I will be eating these words once the "doc" has aired but that remains to be seen.
I agree. And as I keep saying, when they bring this doc out, it will force people to dig deep into these guys. Sorry but they can not bring a doc out and think it is not going to go no further.

All famous and rich people should be afraid now that something like this nightmare can happen to them, their family and legacy one day when they are gone and should try now to instult laws against it.
1. Against people who saying something under oath and change their story many years later when they can expect money for it.
2. Against people who can accuse and slander a dead person for a crime cause its unfair.
In America, it is starting to backfire. Look at what is going on in Virginia. There are 3 governors in some hot water. For political, their party wants them to leave, but TODAY, the majority of the State/people/voters want them to STAY. People are getting tired of this. Again, we focus on the few.

I think it's gotten worse due to the MeToo movement. Now any allegations and people will drop you until you've proved your innoccence. The ironic thing is Michael did but people still don't believe it.

I support the basis of the timesup and MeToo movement but I strongly disagree with the way it's going now. Due process is out the window. No wonder some people start shouting about fake news.

I read an article about the justice system in England prior to the Jury system being introduced. The accused had his hands and feet tied and thrown in the water, if they floated they were guilty, if they sank then they were innocent. It feels like we are going back to those days.
The metoo is starting to get backlash. Everyone who makes a claims is not always telling the truth.

It's been that way for a long time. Not just Michael, but others who were accused as well, guilty or not guilty. Look at the Emmett Till situation here in America. That's why it's very important to keep reminding the world about the true facts.
Exactly. You see the guy from the entertainment show "Extra". See how he use to report on celebs and now look at him.

Hey guys I'm looking for legal doc. That speaks of Wade's note to himself stating that allegations would make him relevant in the industry..

This wasnt just a story right?

I repeat:
The people behind MJvictims maybe MJFacts too with their supporters are "surviveors" of childabuse, portrays us often as "crazy fanatics" and see us and MJ as their enemys who wants protect a famous evil sexual predator.
They wanna take revange on MJ and us for what did happen to them in their childhood from other people!
For those people it seames mostly unbeliveble that someone who have the courage to come forward and says that he was sexually abused as a child lies!

It is really sad that many people like this can't see in MJ the great humantarian, a protector of children and childrenrights who wants the best for them and could never harm them cause MJ with his music is healing medicine for suffering people and a great inspiration to find your way in life.
and many of those people are trolls.

It has not been broadcast in Denmark yet - but it will on DR1 - the biggest TV station in Denmark - and the only channel evryone has to pay to...

It is already very bad in Denmark... - Today a big shopping mall has decided to remove a wax figure of MJ because some shoppers got offended...

Sad times... Can't see how it gets better from here. - When national TV starts to air the moc, everything will be worse.
And then when it is over, it will be back up. Sound like a few people. I doubt the masses is got that much time on their hands. If so, they are silly.

Exactly. You see the guy from the entertainment show "Extra". See how he use to report on celebs and now look at him.

AJ Calloway? I just heard about that! This whole MeToo thing is getting way out of control. And yes, I know what's been going on in Virginia, I was like "damn!" Here in my homestate Georgia, we got a cheater for a Governor.

As much as I would like to stay positive and I was at the beginning, now I see that it is a worldwide spread propaganda to damage and remove MJ's legacy, image and music. This mocumentary hasn't even aired yet but we are already seeing MJ's wax figure being removed in a Copenhagen's mall due to complaints from families with children.... radio stations will be getting complaints if they play Michael's music (if they are not getting them yet), some music act (I can't remember what it was now, but I think it was a planned classical concert where they wanted to do an MJ tribute, they changed their choice of song / artist due to the negative press Michael is getting. This is just the beginning and I believe there are more examples of which we still don't know.
That is just where u live at. In America, it bet not happen. Really MJ's music, etc was never removed or stop playing in America.

The SERIAL LIAR Wade Robson strikes again!!!!

Last edited:
Lightbringer;4240846 said:

LOVE this tweet from Brandy!! Let’s share this tweet from Brandy EVERYWHERE!! Wade Robson is a liar and extortionist!!

Back