Michael in talk with Spotify for release of new album

noa2

Proud Member
To day in DI Weekend ( a swedish news paper about mostly Economic issues) theres an interview with Spotifys CEO. There he reveals that he's been in talk with Michaels management for release, promotion of, as he puts it, Michaels new comming "farewell album"

"Vad är det för typ av möten?
”Allt i från skivbolag och annonsörer till potentiella samarbetspartner. Nyligen träffade jag Michael Jacksons management och skivbolag för att diskutera lanseringen av hans kommande farvälplatta"

http://di.se/
It in swedish. Sorry, and thats about what he says about Michael.

Translation: "Everything from record companies and advertisers to potential partners. Recently, I met Michael Jackson's management and record labels to discuss the launch of his upcoming farewell album"

Last edited:
Spotify is a swedish music site where you can listen to streaming music from all over the world. They have contracts with all the major record companies. It has now over 1 million customers. For instance, U2s new album was released there one week before the real release, just for buying customers.
http://www.spotify.com/en/

As for the translation, I don't have time to translate all the interview, but thats all he said about it. The CEO says that he's busy talking to people all over the world and that he recently was in talk with Michaels management for the release of Michaels upcoming farewell album. Then they move on about it, to be similair to what they did with U2s album.

farewell album it means his album ever? so this is it this is really it? or is he trickin us again like he did in London?

farewell album bullshit, michael will never stop makeing music. Because he may not tour again doesn't mean he wont make music anymore

Farewell album?????? what!!!!!
Im not gonna belive that.......please god say that isnt true :bugeyed:bugeyed:no:

Awesome if the album hits Spotify, I'll listen to it 24/7, but I will also buy the album.

Spotify is great, I have all his songs in one playlist.

oh so spotify is a person...i thought it was a some sort of recod company..doh!...im a goofball :blush:

Awesome if the album hits Spotify, I'll listen to it 24/7, but I will also buy the album.

Spotify is great, I have all his songs in one playlist.

Huh? What is it? Sounds interesting.

Farewell album?????? what!!!!!
Im not gonna belive that.......please god say that isnt true :bugeyed:bugeyed:no:

Michael said before Invincible that that would be his last proper pop album. Obviously things didn't go according to plan with promotion etc. So, it's no surprise that Michael now sees his next release as his last all out assault on the charts.

As someone already mentioned, he will never stop making music though. He's often said how he wants to move more into movies from now on, both infront of and behind the camera. My guess is he'll work more on soundtracks and on-off songs after his next album.

Farewell album doesn't mean no more Michael music. It just means no more pop albums with huge promotion and 5 or 6 singles with videos etc. He's conquered all that. Time to move on to something new. You just know he's gonna go out with a BANG though! :yes:

Huh? What is it? Sounds interesting.

Here is a video explaining how it works and how it looks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDM_lQAxGQo

The only problem is that you need an invite to this great program because it is still a BETA. Of course, in future, it will be open for all. Getting invites, requiers googling.

It's so simple, just search for a song, artist, and within 1 seconds, all their songs shows up.

I'm counting on Lionel Richie (who's about 60 himself and still performing btw), to knock some sense into Mike in the end! :lol: Lionel said it's a crime for MJ not to be on stage, so let alone music! I doubt it's gonna be his last album ever. But as others have said, maybe the last album with big promotion (many singles, tours etc).

Spotify is awesome, for those who dont know its a program (computer software) that allows you to stream music for free. For example I could open the program and search 'Michael Jackson' and it would list all his songs then I could click on the song I wanted to listen to and get to hear it for free. Record Companies make money from the advertising.

*COUGH* WHAT.

Farewell album?! I don't think he would stop making music... what the.. GUY. WHAT DO YOU MEAN. lol

philips said there would be no new album so frankly id take this story lol seems to me its gonna be all about making moeny off touring for the next few years if mj agrees to it. talking about any releases happening digitally and nothing else doesnt really say much. u need a label and a real releases and the backing of one for promo and videos.

I really doubt this would be his farewell album, nor have I ever understood why celebrities feel the need to express this to sell themselves. If the second half of his career is supposed to better than the first, he will need to do a lot more than record one album. Plus unlike other artists, the music lives in him. There is no way he could convince himself to stop making it…

philips said there would be no new album so frankly id take this story lol seems to me its gonna be all about making moeny off touring for the next few years if mj agrees to it. talking about any releases happening digitally and nothing else doesnt really say much. u need a label and a real releases and the backing of one for promo and videos.

Phillips said no such thing. He said that there will be 2 new singles presented in the tour.

farewell album???? who for ??? just us all in england ???

i wouldnt be surprised if we got 2 more albums within the next 5 years

I don't think this will be his last album.

this spotify sounds like dream come true i went to the site but you need an invitation token to get started or pay. how do you get an invitation token? anyone knows?

Sorry but I have to call you on that statement which I believe to be
false_ When and where did Randy Phillips ever say there would be no
new album please provide a link or source_ I have followed all his
statements and interviews very closely and never seen where he stated
there would be no new album, music or CD _ please provide a source
as this concerns me _ that I may have missed this _ I doubt it though.

I don't recall Phillips saying anything like that either. On the contrary, I think he mentioned something about a couple of new songs.

I hope his "Farewell-album" won't be a CD called "This Is It" with his greatest hits. I've got Beat It, Billie Jean and Thriller by now.

this spotify sounds like dream come true i went to the site but you need an invitation token to get started or pay. how do you get an invitation token? anyone knows?
friend, it's saying you have to pay to join the web site? Don't put your credit card info into that, okay? Wait a while before doing that.

MJ did not say with his own lips that this album is his last. He said this series of concerts will be his last in London.

He's still keeping his plans for his album a secret. When he's ready for us to know how to buy it, he will most likely let us know.

Last edited:
Back