Michael in talk with Spotify for release of new album

Sorry but I have to call you on that statement which I believe to be
false_ When and where did Randy Phillips ever say there would be no
new album please provide a link or source_ I have followed all his
statements and interviews very closely and never seen where he stated
there would be no new album, music or CD _ please provide a source
as this concerns me _ that I may have missed this _ I doubt it though.

yeh i dont recall him saying such a thing either qbee.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Spotify+Invite

:) I don't know any site that gives out, but I've heard of one that gets hundres per week. I got my invite on a forum.

oh ok. ty.

friend, it's saying you have to pay to join the web site? Don't put your credit card info into that, okay? Wait a while before doing that.

MJ did not say with his own lips that this album is his last. He said this series of concerts will be his last in London.

He's still keeping his plans for his album a secret. When he's ready for us to know how to buy it, he will most likely let us know.

ok. i'll wait it out. ty.

philips said there would be no new album so frankly id take this story lol seems to me its gonna be all about making moeny off touring for the next few years if mj agrees to it. talking about any releases happening digitally and nothing else doesnt really say much. u need a label and a real releases and the backing of one for promo and videos.

agrees to it?? he has thats why he going on tour.:punk:

Randy Phillips, president and chief executive of AEG Live, told The Times that the ten London concerts would mark the first step of a three-year tour and the release of a new album. He said: “Surviving the press conference was the first step. We've a three-year plan for Michael Jackson and if it all goes well we will gross $400 million (£280million) in total.”
see !!!!!

why is it that when ppl work with or get in touch with michael they have to run off at the mouth. I mean it great that michael is looking for other options and all but.......... ultimately if michael would have or decides to go this route we would hear about it when michael makes it public. Michael's hasn't even signed off on anything, his peeps ONLY got intouch with his company and dude's lips are flappin alread. This overly excited groupie syndome has gotsta stop.

just because an album is on Spotify doesn't mean it wont be release as a CD world wide. You could listen to U2s new album there 1 week prior to the ordinary release. This was for the paying customers.They didn't say when it would be relseased, just that they recent were in tallk with Michaels management and record company. Probably now in London.
UK residents can listen free on Spotify (with short commercials now and then). It isn't available in US yet.

farewell album???? who for ??? just us all in england ???

i wouldnt be surprised if we got 2 more albums within the next 5 years

Really? Why would you not be surprised? how many albums has he had in the last TEN years?!

Anyway he said he was going to 'retire' after the Bad album and look how that panned out...

Saying anything is your 'last' is a well known stunt to increase interest and sales. So many artists have done it.
Michael knows this is probably his last shot at making History again with an album so he's going all out to get people to buy by saying it's the last ever one.
I'm sure there'll be more after it.
Just like saying he's only doing 10 shows, no actually 20, no actually 30, no actually make that 50. No actually make that in other countries too.

The media have taken the farewell london concerts and translated or twisted in to also his farewell album. Michael never said it was his last album. When will fans learn to take everything with a pinch of salt.

Sorry but I have to call you on that statement which I believe to be
false_ When and where did Randy Phillips ever say there would be no
new album please provide a link or source_ I have followed all his
statements and interviews very closely and never seen where he stated
there would be no new album, music or CD _ please provide a source
as this concerns me _ that I may have missed this _ I doubt it though.

he said this in an interview to the German Bunte magazine

He said farewell back during the Bad Tour, and he said he wanted to do some acting instead. LOL

He said in a video shown at the NRJ awards that "There's much more to come from Michael Jackson"

Well I have this feeling he's gonna do something else that's great! Actor? Fashion Designer? Author? Poet?

BTW there's some rare poetry around the internet by him. He released a book all about it.

he will continue 2make music he has 2! lol i neeeeeeed it! its my drug!

Michael said before Invincible that that would be his last proper pop album. Obviously things didn't go according to plan with promotion etc. So, it's no surprise that Michael now sees his next release as his last all out assault on the charts.

As someone already mentioned, he will never stop making music though. He's often said how he wants to move more into movies from now on, both infront of and behind the camera. My guess is he'll work more on soundtracks and on-off songs after his next album.

Farewell album doesn't mean no more Michael music. It just means no more pop albums with huge promotion and 5 or 6 singles with videos etc. He's conquered all that. Time to move on to something new. You just know he's gonna go out with a BANG though! :yes:

I agree with everything said right here.
I personally think Michael will attempt to rule the charts one last time. It doesn't mean the end of Michael Jackson, just the end of full length studio albums and tours.
Perfect time to say goodbye.

Hollaback.

At last!! you all got it.

Michael wants to do this and concerts to finish the POP world on top of his game , but that in itself will help him on his next start of his ladder he is still climbing FILMS! and with it film soundtracks! Just think these could make him money forever, Michaels talent and imagination is timeless, i for one am looking forward to new music, and of course concerts but im really looking forward to see what a certain mr MICHAEL JOSEPH JACKSON can do with short films today as in the 2009/2010 circa! because effects have moved on so much, he could make musicals with amazing effects all in them etc! but i would love to see what would come of the likes of POE and Wolfed and MIDKNIGHT whcih he had a leading star in these films, however then of course , THEY CAGE THE ANIMals where he was to direct, and the animated world of way of the unicorn! now Michael once you have all this great publicity you can do just that, so dont worry you have not heard last of Michael Jackson in fact now the Michael Jackson of today will soon be for the silver screen and to get the many rewards and great achievements he has done in the POP and music world.

Terry

I'm also convinced this will be his last concerts and maybe a world tour. And that this will be his last full length music album with music as we know it. Of course he's going to make music but in another way and not so chart oriented. I'm sure he has alot of ideas and projects he wants to explore.

Not sure if anyone noticed...but in today's London Paper they have a feature on Spotify and they mention how you can also get Michael Jackson songs. They also have a photo, the homepage I guess, featuring MJ's Bad album cover and right next to it a red banner with the This Is It concerts. lol Free advertsing for Mike! :lol:

I'm also convinced this will be his last concerts and maybe a world tour. And that this will be his last full length music album with music as we know it. Of course he's going to make music but in another way and not so chart oriented. I'm sure he has alot of ideas and projects he wants to explore.

I agre, this si def his last outing as we've kow it in the pat with other albums, sad but true.

It's actually really funny how some of you say this will be Michael's last album as though you've sat down with him and he's told you so.

Did mj ONES said he did not wanted to be touring as much or around as James Brown tour? I think MJ should tour for the last time..and ride into sunset lol....and just be a normal man.....just like johnny carson did....

I'm pretty sure he's next album will be his last full album release. I'm not convinced he's London concerts are the last, I'm pretty certain its the first leg of a 3 year final world tour.

I'm pretty sure he's next album will be his last full album release. I'm not convinced he's London concerts are the last, I'm pretty certain its the first leg of a 3 year final world tour.

i'm not too sure of that... i reckon we might see some classical releases from MJ in his later years... might not be singing though.

I really don't think this will be his last album nor concerts!

I read this article as well, and first of all, it was a one sentence quote out a long article. Dozens of artists were mentioned and saying that they'd been in talks with MJ is hardly spilling the beans. He gave no specifics.

Secondly, Spotify is an absolute genius invention. It lets you listen to virtually anything for free, legally.

Thirdly, it is useless to speculate whether this will be the last album or not. The ceo of Spotify did use the word 'farewell' album, and I doubt that he'd lie about it, BUT that's just how it's been presented to him. Even if MJ feels that way there's nothing to say he won't change his mind. He has before. And no new album doesn't neccessarily mean no new music.

At last!! you all got it.

Michael wants to do this and concerts to finish the POP world on top of his game , but that in itself will help him on his next start of his ladder he is still climbing FILMS! and with it film soundtracks! Just think these could make him money forever, Michaels talent and imagination is timeless, i for one am looking forward to new music, and of course concerts but im really looking forward to see what a certain mr MICHAEL JOSEPH JACKSON can do with short films today as in the 2009/2010 circa! because effects have moved on so much, he could make musicals with amazing effects all in them etc! but i would love to see what would come of the likes of POE and Wolfed and MIDKNIGHT whcih he had a leading star in these films, however then of course , THEY CAGE THE ANIMals where he was to direct, and the animated world of way of the unicorn! now Michael once you have all this great publicity you can do just that, so dont worry you have not heard last of Michael Jackson in fact now the Michael Jackson of today will soon be for the silver screen and to get the many rewards and great achievements he has done in the POP and music world.

Terry

Aw, love that. Hope you're right!

He doesn't have to release new albums! He can just release box sets! :lol: And have lots of songs in them! lol

It's actually really funny how some of you say this will be Michael's last album as though you've sat down with him and he's told you so.

agree.
we will see whats comeing. now hes touring for almost a year and it will take its time until we will finally hear anything from him.. as always lol

He doesn't have to release new albums! He can just release box sets! :lol: And have lots of songs in them! lol

Yeah! New songs and never before released songs, and demoes!!

:wild::punk::D :lol: :lol:

Back