Will You Be There lyrics at Memorial (pains/pain)

myfavouritewintercoat

Proud Member
at the end on the screen it said 'pains' instead of 'pain' like it was in the original version of the track, also you can clearly hear Michaels voice on the memorial version said 'pains' instead of 'pain' too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5SUjWtpgc8
Was this change to the pleural of the word in a different version or perhaps recorded for the TII tour? Sorry if there is a post on this, anyone know anything??

Good observation! Aside from that additional 's' there, the spoken outro used at the memorial seems identical to the album version. It can't be a new TII tour recording, he never lipsynced that part anyway so there wouldn't be any use for it on a live performance. Maybe when recording for the album, Michael experimented with both 'pain' and 'pains' and there's two versions in his vaults and they just decided to go with the other one by coincidence or because they found it more fitting for some reason?

I think there were more than 1 take for the outro of WYBT, and the family or whoever did it decided to go with the 'pains' version because it suits the memorial.

what is the significance of the use of "pains" do you think?

Good observation! Aside from that additional 's' there, the spoken outro used at the memorial seems identical to the album version.

Yeah it does sound exactly the same but for that one word, odd eh. I listened to both a few times and he clearly says 'pain' on original and 'pains' on the one played at memorial.

I made a comment a week ago or so where I said that it's probably a recording from the This Is It rehearsals - You can read my whole post here if you want:
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2019110&postcount=3

However I have to take that back now, because a couple of days ago I synced up the memorial sermon with the one on the CD and they match up EXACTLY with each other (except the Pains thing)... and I mean, even the little "sad noises" Michael makes on the CD match with the memorial.
Anyone that has seen Michael make that sermon in Bucharest or MTV10 knows how far off sync and different he sounds live.

So I can't really twist my mind around how this works up, it's almost like AEG/Kenny Ortega cut out an "s" from the acapella or something and pasted it after "pain" for the memorial. But that doesn't make any sense.

I know it is odd isn't it.

I did the same as you playing them at the same time and yes everything including other noises is the same apart from the pain/s

nobody has been mentioning it, but this is one of the so-called "proofs," the conspiracy theorists say, that Michael is alive (how i wish!!!)...so i guess we have to get to the bottom of the issue, which means tracking down all his versions of the song to find out in which one he said "pains" instead of "pain."

nobody has been mentioning it, but this is one of the so-called "proofs," the conspiracy theorists say, that Michael is alive (how i wish!!!)...so i guess we have to get to the bottom of the issue, which means tracking down all his versions of the song to find out in which one he said "pains" instead of "pain."

how would that prove anything? the version is clearly the album version, just one word is different. It could have been mixed in now or at the recording sessions 20 years ago.

I heard the "pains", also during the memorial service. Like I said in pm to someone a couple of weeks ago, I think what we heard on 7/7 was the unedited version of the song. Maybe the original way Michael intended for the song to be heard on the "Dangerous" cd. Perhaps?

I think we are going to hear lots of unedited versions old songs. epscially now.

lol one different version of the song makes them think he is alive... WTF!

Back