"Breaking News" All General Discussion Here [Merged]

What do You Think Now???

• Now im Sure Its Michael!!!

Votes: 89 21.4%
  • I Still Think its Not him!!!

Votes: 223 53.7%
  • I now think that its Michael, but still have my doubts!!

Votes: 24 5.8%
  • Im Confused!!!!

Votes: 79 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I might buy the album actually. ;)

I was open-minded about Breaking News when I started looking through several threads here, with "open minded" I mean that I had no opinion on the lead vocals and if they are fake or not (only that I didn't know why they would be or why Sony would risk that). But I wanted to see what other people, longtime fans, are thinking.

And I have to say, there is a very long list of things that were posted on here. Things that people thought would be evidence or even proof for the voice being fake. But for every single piece of "evidence" they brought up I knew there was an "innocent" explanation. I just can't remember all of those things anymore, one was the clap/snap thing. The only thing that is true is that there are singers and impersonator with a similar voice. Which can be confusing as hell in some cases, haha. But that alone is no proof. So what it came down to was people saying "I don't feel Michael in this song" and then trying to find proof, misheard lyrics were proof for a moment, then there was this "All I need" song and the other one by that Jason guy that had a similar name but was a totally different song, and people didn't notice at first (which is proof that your ears can play tricks on you and that a bad 20 second snippet with some voice-over is not very good evidence of anything).

Not only were tests done by audio experts, but fans picked this song apart over days. But couldn't find any real evidence. I also think half the people were talking about it not being 100 % Michael Jackson and meant the backing vocals, without really saying that, and the other half thought the lead vocals are fake. I never expected the backing vocals to be MJ, he probably didn't always do them himself anyway, but in this case, the song was unfinished and he couldn't do them anymore. But I think that's when people got even more confused, because they talked about 2 different things at times. What a mess. ;)

Apart from this "seed" planted by some family members (something like that can work even if you don't believe it at first) I think that people just got really emotional, it's the first song (well, more or less) released after Michael's death, I think that's another big reason for all the confusion. I remember some people saying "I only believe it's Michael if Michael himself tells me that it is" - in my opinion that says nothing about the song, but everything about fans obviously missing him.

I really like your analysis of the situation. I think as a non-fan you are probably one of the few around here who can view this whole Breaking News situation with a bit more distance. I agree emotions over Michael's absence must have accounted for some of the confusion about the song.

Beware, you might become a Michael Jackson fan, and that's a lifelong condition. Most of the time a very pleasant one ;) Welcome!

My opinion is, it sounds a bit strange at first, but new songs sometimes do, and I also think they just didn't have many takes of the lead vocals to work with, that's why the lead vocals sound a bit different than what we are used to (as in less perfect, which I think is the reason why some people believe they are fake)

Listen to the demo of Fall Again. It was done in ONE TAKE yet it still sounds amazing and his voice doesn't sound 'different' at all, you can tell its 100% MJ. Breaking News doesn't sound anything like him IMO.

I really like your analysis of the situation. I think as a non-fan you are probably one of the few around here who can view this whole Breaking News situation with a bit more distance.

A bit more distance maybe - but trust me, reading this discussion even sent me from sad to mad to confused and back within seconds half the time. ;)

I agree emotions over Michael's absence must have accounted for some of the confusion about the song.

It's not just confusing for longtime fans. Like I said, in a sense, even without being a huge fan (during the 80's I was a rock/hardrock fan, I still am, but these days I don't want to limit myself anymore like a lot of people do when they are young, but that explains why always loved songs like "Dirty Diana" ;) ), I "grew up" with his music, so his passing was a shock to me as well, he was also still so young, just about 10 years older than me.

Beware, you might become a Michael Jackson fan, and that's a lifelong condition. Most of the time a very pleasant one ;) Welcome!

I think I could live with that. Better late than never, right?

Listen to the demo of Fall Again. It was done in ONE TAKE yet it still sounds amazing and his voice doesn't sound 'different' at all, you can tell its 100% MJ. Breaking News doesn't sound anything like him IMO.

You mean this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARELi2m9YLU

Because this sounds like a more or less finished version? Or are there other links? It's almost impossible to compare this with Breaking News, because no one really knows how much they had to work with for BN, my guess is not a lot.

Who are they trying to fool with this song? Well on a possitive note Jason Malachi did a nice job on the song.

http://www.tmz.com/tmz-live/?autoplay=true&mediaKey=528a7c06-33c4-4910-a7e6-4691f73f9d1a
TMZ tries to shed some light regarding the issue with the vocals on the Cascio tracks. Of course, once again, the stories don't quite add up:

If these "scratch tracks" (demos) were recorded in 2007, why would he be planning to take them to London in 2009 to finish them up.

It's possible that Levin misspoke, but it's also possible that someone is still lying through their teeth.

I'm curious for the final album version. I likes it already, but they probably made it even better with more clear MJ vocals.

the album itself is a slam in the face to the non believers it really answers to them itself. Prejudice is ignorance we fell to the same trap the media used on mike! Shame on us ! How do you all fell now that u betrayed him ??

^^^^

True.

There is no doubt what so ever that it is MJ on the album version.

I really like the fan letter quoted in post #5521. He/she explained exactly why I don't like the song. I really hope his/her letter got to Sony's and the Estate's attention. And please don't label my post as negative, for this is not anti-Michael. Instead, it's out from love and respect of Michael's genius.

The fan who wrote the letter to Sony was able to describe eloquently the shortcomings of Breaking News and how the song is not up to the Michael Jackson standard. See how he/she never mentioned a word on the authenticity of the vocal, for the vocal was only part of the problem. Overall, the production of the song was way off. When I heard Breaking News streamed from michaeljackson.com, I heard Michael in part of the song. His vocals are just so badly manipulated. I guess the reason why so many fans have issue with the song is partly because how the song leaks the sonic quality a Michael Jackson song typically has. As I can't explain it better than the fan who wrote the letter, I'd suggest people read that letter and think with an open mind.

I do admit the snippet on HMV sounds better than the one streamed from the official website. I hope I was not imagining things up. May be the producers re-worked the song after the negative feedback.

Again, very good letter. The more I read about Michael's music, the more respect I have in him. He's a talented musician in every sense.

The album version.... Proves what I few others said all along. I'm glad I stuck by beliefs and didn't jump on the 'it's fake' bandwagon like so many did...

I remember being laughed down when I suggested the album version would be different.... Now who's laughing?

To think so many actually believed SONY would be dumb enough to attempt to trick MJ fans with a fake track.. Crazy! Yes they are money driven, delusional!? Err no!

Hmmmm.... I'm a little confused lmao. I have always believed that this is Michael, never doubted it and loved the song from the beginning.

I have listened to several "different" or "updated" versions and I can't hear the difference between the album version and the MJ.com version.... Never mind lol x

Congratulations to everybody involved in this project, now it's up to us to make this a WORLDWIDE NO 1 ALBUM!!!!

The album version.... Proves what I few others said all along. I'm glad I stuck by beliefs and didn't jump on the 'it's fake' bandwagon like so many did...

I remember being laughed down when I suggested the album version would be different.... Now who's laughing?

To think so many actually believed SONY would be dumb enough to attempt to trick MJ fans with a fake track.. Crazy! Yes they are money driven, delusional!? Err no!

No one is laughing. You think we all like to pick a fight? It's not a bet. People who don't support the songs love Michael and have a lot of respect in him.

Have you read the fan letter to Sony? Did he/she mention the word "fake"? People who don't support the songs do not necessary think the songs are fake. Stop generalizing and labelling. I dislike Breaking News because of its quality, not because of its authenticity. And again, I'm not bashing Michael. I have no problem in telling Michael in front of his face that Breaking News is not the right choice.

Even though the album version is better, the song still cannot pass the Michael Jackson standard. Actually, many people who don't support the songs were able to explain their concerns in a very reasonable manner. Some of them have musical knowledge. Please stop thinking we are all some sort of Sony conspiracy theorists, for we are not.

the album itself is a slam in the face to the non believers it really answers to them itself. Prejudice is ignorance we fell to the same trap the media used on mike! Shame on us ! How do you all fell now that u betrayed him ??
What is your point? Some people like you are blurting out this kind of crap as though now we've heard the full album, it's somehow concrete proof of the songs being 100% legitimate.

Fact is, the 3 questionable songs have had very slight changes, and still remain questionable. Nothing has changed. Well, that's actually a lie, since after hearing them with all the other tracks on the album, it makes them stick out like a sore thumb. So now they're even more questionable.

Everybody's watching the news of Michael Jackson
They wanna see that I fall cause Michael Jackson

The verses are really catchy! I love them!

I'm glad I can finally enjoy Breaking News. Either more MJ or less JP, but it sounds gooood.

It's actually the song that I like most right now, I have it on repeat.

I really feel Michael in this song! I can see him dancing to the sped up tango-ish strings at the beginning, and I feel his frustration at the vultures, it reminds me of "leave me alone", with an added "f--- u" vibe :D

so does everyone like the album so far? I think I will be buying it on December 14th

The album is great. And can't wait to get the album and the booklet tomorrow.

Loving the album just wondering I just streamed the album and listened to Breaking News now is it just me or is it a little different?like they added more or something...could also be cause I haven't listened to it in a while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back