"Breaking News" All General Discussion Here [Merged]

What do You Think Now???

• Now im Sure Its Michael!!!

Votes: 89 21.4%
  • I Still Think its Not him!!!

Votes: 223 53.7%
  • I now think that its Michael, but still have my doubts!!

Votes: 24 5.8%
  • Im Confused!!!!

Votes: 79 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not directed at you, so don't take this personally, but it's quite rich to demand of Mr. Riley to use a "more cultural tone" when everyone else here seems to ignore it.
We were all so happy when we heard of Mr. Riley's involvement, so is it really such a surprise that he's unhappy about all the negativity he receives? I mean he didn't HAVE to do this job, but he did it and we should be grateful.
There, we have it. It IS Michael. But the anti-fraction is still not happy, mainly because they have slagged off Michael's song, so now they know it's Michael singing the vocals, they are trying to find something else they don't like because it's a bit tricky to back-paddle once you've moaned about how crap the song is. No other album/single or whatever they are going to release in the future will be like when MJ was alive. We should accept that and just enjoy what we get.

Oh I wish we had the thank you button back.

"We are still waiting for confirmation that the statement yesterday by Howard Weitzman (on behalf of the estate) is real and official. There are many blatant inaccuracies and omissions which makes me think it is not. I'm waiting on a phone call or the statement to be posted on an official site (such as michaeljackson.com) before I respond."
- Taryll Jackson

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/6ugf8h

Jackson_popcorn.gif

Whoaaa whats going on with Teddy Riley!? Is this actually what he's saying on his Twitter!?

YES, of course just check it out for yourself! He is very angry! lol
Do anyone know the Casio's twitter? Teddy said before they have one? Where?

No, the other way round! ;)
I meant Teddy would never lie that it's MJ and it's actually not - so I believe what Teddy is saying and I believe that it's MJ on BN! ;)
Oh okay I got u now!

yay, Michael and popcorn are back! I missed them lol

:wild:

:cheeky:

I shouldn't, because I don't want to make people sad..... but seeing that smile still breaks my heart. I miss him so much!!
:better:

I know. :( I also feel much miss him. :cry: If he were here, he'd be smiling like in the gif. :wub:

:cry: *big sigh*

am I the only person whos glad Breaking News is on the album?? I love the track, so what if all the vocals arent Michael, hes definately on there singing thats enough for me, we all new alot of songs that are going to be released werent Michaels finished versions and needed to be completed, I would rather hear a song that wasnt totally Michaels vision than nothing atall, at the end of the day I enjoy the song.

You know, from my point of view (which is that it's not Michael singing on Breaking News) I think Sony could have prevented the riot that's going on now by simply releasing a statement saying the song wasn't finished, so they hired someone to sing the lead vocals so that fans could have a chance to hear what the finished product would have sounded like. I personally wouldn't have minded if that was the case, because at least Sony wouldn't be misleading anyone.

So is there gonna be a new version or it's already there? WTF?

apparently yes

the following is from TMZ

As for "Breaking News," I just heard the finished version. It's more produced than the one Sony put online and sounds more classic MJ.

so Sony is changing the Breaking News from the first release. It's probably why it's sounding better now.

I'm almost certain that this was a publicity stunt.

Ivy, if you're here, i was wondering if you had seen any copies of copyright forms fors SR..which is sound recording form, that indicates if any semblance of Michael Jackson's voice is a copyrighted sound on Breaking News, and if it's on record in the copyright office? or form PA..performing arts form, that would indicate that any part of the words, and/or music to Breaking News is written by Michael Jackson. So far, nobody has indicated such. I know that all government forms, warn people never to falsify information, whether you are applying for a job, welfare, whether you are using the government mail system, or anything else governmental, including copyright. Sony may be willing to defraud Michael, fans and many, but would they go as far as defrauding the government?

also, i'd like to know why there are no advertisers on the site, on which Breaking News is playing. Remember, there were advertisers on the site, on which This Is It was playing. one thing i fantasized about was the horde of advertisers that would cram for a place on the site for a new Michael Jackson song. Controversy has never stopped advertisers. they know that any publicity is good publicity. So why aren't there any ads on the Breaking News site? could it be that advertisers don't want to spend millions on fraud?

whatever advertisers may have thought of Michael Jackson, the person, they all proved that they are fans of Michael Jackson's music, as they advertised on the site for the streaming of This Is It. it's kind of conspicuous, that ther are no ads on the site for Breaking News. Perhaps these advertisers know something.

i put this post in another thread, but i wanted to repeat it, in hopes that Ivy would see it.

edit: i see your post Ivy. you say you're almost certain it's a publicity stunt. but you have no confirmation of that.

it's a dangerous one. for all the money at stake. look what it's done to the board.

the singer still doesn't wrap his voice around the word 'obituary' the way Michael always wrapped his voice tightly, naturally, and without effort, around words. MJ's intonation was so perfect, it was scary. that's not the case, here, with the voice on Breaking News. there's something unnatural about all the intonations, on this song. not tight, not professional, and it sounds like it's efforted. the hint of sliding up to, or sliding down to a note, never existed in MJ's voice, like it does on this voice. in fact MJ's voice was unable to slide. and it was so light and natural, lighting precisely on every note. i notice that so much in songs, such as 'someone in the dark'. it's so precise, it's crazy. but not here, in Breaking News. we're simply talking about two different voices, altogether. and no..that preciseness of Michael's never left him. it appears again, in 'Speechless'. but not in Breaking News. and, again, why haven't we heard from Seth Riggs? sony went after everybody BUT him. could it be that the one person sony should have gotten, they didn't? Riggs is the only one who speicialized in the VOICE. how ironic.

and, something else..despite the circumstances, MJ never wrote about his own death, in lyrics. so, the word obituary, is suspect. like Jane Fonda said, he hated conversation about death. so, again, i'm curious about the registered copyright of these lyrics..both sound recording and performing arts forms. if they exist, in the genuine name of Michael Joseph Jackson, and if there's defrauding of the government going on, using false identities, or if sony just avoided the copyright altogether, and avoided advertisers on their site, altogether of the streaming, because they knew they would arouse suspicion...because, perhaps, they are touting something suspicious.

again...as i have read on many a government application, they warn: 'any falsified information(including false indentity)is subject to great fines, and/or imprisonment.'

Last edited:
As for "Breaking News," I just heard the finished version. It's more produced than the one Sony put online and sounds more classic MJ.

I say it was the worst publicity stunt ever if that is the case!? Not sure if it sounds better because the last time I checked I heard no differences even though people were saying it has changed? But, we shall see...I hope for the best! :timer:

D.S. says differently

saying they wanna kill me, and assuring that he's gunna be dead, by mentioning an obituary are two entirely different things.

even if i say someone wants to kill me, doesn't mean i think they'll be successful. mentioning my obituary, is resigning myself to the fact that it's gunna happen.

despite the circumstances, MJ's past lyrics never gave any indication that he was actually prepared to die. but this Breaking News lyric does give that indication.

Ivy, if you're here, i was wondering if you had seen any copies of copyright forms fors SR..which is sound recording form, that indicates if any semblance of Michael Jackson's voice is a copyrighted sound on Breaking News, and if it's on record in the copyright office? or form PA..performing arts form, that would indicate that any part of the words, and/or music to Breaking News is written by Michael Jackson. So far, nobody has indicated such. I know that all government forms, warn people never to falsify information, whether you are applying for a job, welfare, whether you are using the government mail system, or anything else governmental, including copyright. Sony may be willing to defraud Michael, fans and many, but would they go as far as defrauding the government?

Are you seriously trying to use the US Government as a speculative clause at best to support your own agenda that Breaking News is fake?

also, i'd like to know why there are no advertisers on the site, on which Breaking News is playing. Remember, there were advertisers on the site, on which This Is It was playing. one thing i fantasized about was the horde of advertisers that would cram for a place on the site for a new Michael Jackson song. Controversy has never stopped advertisers. they know that any publicity is good publicity. So why aren't there any ads on the Breaking News site? could it be that advertisers don't want to spend millions on fraud?

whatever advertisers may have thought of Michael Jackson, the person, they all proved that they are fans of Michael Jackson's music, as they advertised on the site for the streaming of This Is It. it's kind of conspicuous, that ther are no ads on the site for Breaking News. Perhaps these advertisers know something.

Or it could be the same reason why the album announcement page itself doesn't have any ads..ads on any webpage automatically adds a stigma of tackiness a successful website doesn't need advertisers to stay afloat.

i put this post in another thread, but i wanted to repeat it, in hopes that Ivy would see it.

edit: i see your post Ivy. you say you're almost certain it's a publicity stunt. but you have no confirmation of that.

it's a dangerous one. for all the money at stake. look what it's done to the board.

the singer still doesn't wrap his voice around the word 'obituary' the way Michael always wrapped his voice tightly, naturally, and without effort, around words. MJ's intonation was so perfect, it was scary. that's not the case, here, with the voice on Breaking News. there's something unnatural about all the intonations, on this song. not tight, not professional, and it sounds like it's efforted. the hint of sliding up to, or sliding down to a note, never existed in MJ's voice, like it does on this voice. in fact MJ's voice was unable to slide. and it was so light and natural, lighting precisely on every note. i notice that so much in songs, such as 'someone in the dark'. it's so precise, it's crazy. but not here, in Breaking News. we're simply talking about two different voices, altogether. and no..that preciseness of Michael's never left him. it appears again, in 'Speechless'. but not in Breaking News. and, again, why haven't we heard from Seth Riggs? sony went after everybody BUT him. could it be that the one person sony should have gotten, they didn't? Riggs is the only one who speicialized in the VOICE. how ironic.

You're nitpicking details to try and find away to prove to yourself that it's a fake at this point. We don't know Seth Riggs wasn't contacted, maybe he didn't have the time to drop everything to verify something that to be quite honest is silly to begin with. Seth Riggs is not a studio professional, he can help Michael prepare his voice, that doesn't mean he is the best man for the job to identify Michael's voice after it's been recorded and processed. could he have been helpful? Sure, but was it necessary? Even if he had said it was legit, you and others would state he must be on the Sony payroll.

and, something else..despite the circumstances, MJ never wrote about his own death, in lyrics. so, the word obituary, is suspect. like Jane Fonda said, he hated conversation about death. so, again, i'm curious about the registered copyright of these lyrics..both sound recording and performing arts forms. if they exist, in the genuine name of Michael Joseph Jackson, and if there's defrauding of the government going on, using false identities, or if sony just avoided the copyright altogether, and avoided advertisers on their site, altogether of the streaming, because they knew they would arouse suspicion...because, perhaps, they are touting something suspicious.

again...as i have read on many a government application, they warn: 'any falsified information(including false indentity)is subject to great fines, and/or imprisonment.'

Michael hated the conversation of death so much that he constantly talked about plots of others to take his life, as well as having hours of conversation with his wife about how he felt he would die?

Just because you don't have access to these copyrights doesn't mean they're non-existent, and Michael recorded tons of material that we don't have knowledge of that aren't registered with the various firms stateside. If something you want can't be provided that doesn't mean it's an admission of guilt.

Michael couldn't provide evidence that he didn't molest anyone besides his own word, does that mean he should have been thrown in prison?

There's a such thing as burden of proof, it lies with the accuser. If you can't prove your case on the evidence you have that doesn't mean you then chose to prove it by the evidence the defense doesn't

:tease:

but with L.O.V.E

apparently yes

so Sony is changing the Breaking News from the first release. It's probably why it's sounding better now.

I disagree, respectfully. I can't imagine this being a publicity stunt - people questioning the veracity of the songs. This was obviously a point of contention before it was released, Sony/estate has been dishonest. The people there from Tarryl, Riley, Jackie Jackson, Rooney, etc are saying different things. Alot of fans will always distrust Sony from the Invincible album days, so it doesn't make sense to me that Sony would do a publicity stunt that would remind everyone of that with phrases like "Phony Sony" popping in everyone's minds.

:tease:

but with L.O.V.E

well your smiley and your use of LOVE, makes me feel good after all your explanations.

just because.....an admission of guilt.

i've learned that rationalization has no limits.

MJ doesn't come across as somebody who forgets to copyright his songs.

that last explanation of yours....

i prefer someone who says 'straight cash homie' and i know where they're coming from, than an explanation that gives the impression of comfort with covertness. don't want to do business with covertness..

if sony..the cascios, etc. have nothing to hide...don't hide it. very simple.

meanwhile, everything you said, is not understandable. it shouldn't take a difficult explanation, to get your point across.

the smiley is very clear though.

i suppose i should blow my nose and copyright it.

just because MJ was always writing, doesn't mean everything was meant for consumption.
everything that became a hit for him, was registered. he couldn't know that a song might or might not get chosen. so it's not just a coincidence the chosen songs were registered. so...that means, he registered everything that is an actual song, as i have said before.

use the copyright office?

hey...people commit fraud. i'm gunna say it. it happens.

wait till two days after dude's death? lookie what i got here. that's highly suspicious.

and..oh...sony not using ads because it's tacky, all of a sudden? hahaha

theyjust got finished using ads for THis Is It. since when is any money opportunity moment, going to be put aside for consideration of tact, by sony, now? haha

when do we decide when ads are tacky and when they are not? if sony thought they were tacky at any time, they never would use them. money is not tacky to sony.

this was touted as a mega event, and this is the first time in history that a mega event didn't have advertisers lining up, since MJ's death..so..the child molestation accusation times, are no excuse this time..

that's suspicious..

and the comparisons you made, including that of child molestation...?

Last edited:
You have confused me enough for tonight lol.

Good match of wits though, I'm just more inclined to believe that Sony is in the business of making money, not making enemies by buying fake Michael Jackson songs.

I truly believe Michael will be on every track we hear, maybe we're all a part of a publicity stunt, but seriously the conspiracy theories are too much for me to handle.

What has Michael registered between 2003 and now?

Honestly I think the Caicos tracks were songs he was toying around with to experiment. I don't think he had intentions of releasing any of it, thus why no registration exists prior to 2010 (tmk).

I'm honestly not trying to personally attack you, I just think if we weren't all looking for a reason to disprove each other the truth would be much simpler to find.

You have confused me enough for tonight lol.

Good match of wits though, I'm just more inclined to believe that Sony is in the business of making money, not making enemies by buying fake Michael Jackson songs.

I truly believe Michael will be on every track we hear, maybe we're all a part of a publicity stunt, but seriously the conspiracy theories are too much for me to handle.

What has Michael registered between 2003 and now?

Honestly I think the Caicos tracks were songs he was toying around with to experiment. I don't think he had intentions of releasing any of it, thus why no registration exists prior to 2010 (tmk).

I'm honestly not trying to personally attack you, I just think if we weren't all looking for a reason to disprove each other the truth would be much simpler to find.
well..what seems to escape people is this..

love of money would make Einstein stupid.

i don't care how smart you are..how much you're not looking for enemies..how much you think you love another person...when money gets in the picture..that goes out the window. it's the one time where the phrase, 'if you don't look at history, you're doomed to repeat it', doesn't matter.

and yes..MJ was an exception. that's why so many looked at him cross eyed. it always looked to them, like he was just giving it away..and they thought he had a mental problem. but..he was not the norm.

..too bad.

if it's a publicity stunt, it wasn't very nice of them :( there's only so many nerve cells people have and we lost a lot this week. I didn't sleep for 2 days because of this mess. :(

I can't wait til I get the CD.

I am gonna listen to it so loud for many days in a row. :lol:

This article, which was written by a fan, doesn't get into the debate of authenticy, but it's very good about why something like Breaking News should never appear under MJ's name.

Frankly, the song is an insult to his name and legacy.

My letter to Sony: by Dogolvr 18 hours ago (3:04 AM)
I was so disappointed hearing Breaking News yesterday. It was instantly clear that a song had been built around an incomplete and unprofessionally recorded vocal line sung by MJ. Why you would choose to have incomplete vocal lines turned into songs rather than release MJ’s own demos or previously recorded but unreleased work is beyond my understanding. As a fan, I am interested in Michael. If I wanted Teddy Riley’s music, I would purchase albums by Teddy Riley. But, I want Michael Jackson’s music, not a Teddy Riley cover of a Michael Jackson vocal line. Personally, I will not buy the album. I would however, buy anything that is truly a product from Michael, whether unfinished or not.

Rather than have you think I am complaining about Michael’s voice being authentic or not, let me clarify what I heard and why I object to the song:

When MJ used media clips in the past in his songs, he used the voices in a rhythmic way, layering them so a word here or there would pop out and catch the listener’s attention and the other words would fade into a rhythmic tapestry. That is not the case in this song. One pundit’s line is followed by the next with no resemblance to spoken music at all. MJ would never do anything that amateurish and it instantly marked the song as someone else’s work.

In addition, it is irritating to listen to that introduction more than a couple of times, which never occurs when MJ uses the spoken word as musical rhythm. I now skip over the first 36 seconds of the song.

Michael never used a flat rhythm section. By flat, I mean a rhythm section that sets up a beat and keeps that beat front and center, unvarying, for the whole song. That is a trademark of standard pop songs, but not one that MJ ever used. He was a master at creating a contrapuntal tapestry that moved in and out of focus in terms of musical importance. Having a drum beat in your face for the whole song immediately signifies another artist and not Michael.

In addition, Michael gave meticulous attention to sonic personality – the soundbox. He placed his complex rhythms (which this song also does not have) all over the soundbox – front, back, left and right, and top and bottom. This song has a left-right pan and nothing else. There is no depth or height. As I said, it is flat – two dimensional. Also, the quality of sound in MJ’s songs is exceptional – lots of warmth and depth. This song does not have that.

When Michael used other instruments he used the best players in the business. The string and brass players on this song are woefully inadequate. They enter late on the beat, play out of tune, and the first trumpet even splats his line. Los Angeles is a brass town. They have the best trumpeters in the world in the studios. C’mon. You could have done better than that! The lack of quality of playing on this song is demeaning to Michael’s name.

The song’s arrangement is also questionable. The chromatic passages sound out of place. The balance between instruments is two-dimensional again – it is off. Again, it is an issue of inadequate production. Musical decisions about what to bring to the foreground to hold interest are amateurish and sound like they were made in a hurry. I guess quality was sacrificed for speed and cost, also something Michael would never do.

Michael was also a sound innovator. He constantly explored the world of sound and prided himself on using sounds that had never been heard before and could not be duplicated by anyone. But he did not do that randomly. The sounds he chose for each song made musical sense. They were not chosen for their uniqueness only, but for how their uniqueness contributed to the whole musical experience.

The sounds in this song seem to have been pulled out of a sound catalogue for the sake of using other sounds and not for the sake of creating new and vibrant musical color.

And, perhaps the most important musical issue that caused a pit to form in my stomach when I listened to this song for the first time was the noise. In my opinion, Michael was a symphonic genius. It has been almost a hundred years since the world has had a composer who has known how to layer melodic lines in a complex contrapuntal tapestry, building up to powerful climaxes of sound. His songs are as rich as late-romantic symphony composers. But, this song is just “busy.” It has a lot going on all at once and that produces just a loud noise effect. Perhaps that is common in the pop world (and by pop I mean all popular music), but Michael never did that – ever. One of the things that keeps me listening to Michael’s songs over and over is that I always hear something new in the complexity of textures, timbres, melodies and rhythm. What fantastic creativity! All of that is lacking in this song. It is tiresome to listen to because of the noise factor.

I actually cried hearing Breaking News for the first time. It made me feel like Michael had died all over again.

The Estate and Sony have a wonderful opportunity here. You have one of the world’s greatest artists’ legacies to preserve. I think you are taking the wrong approach. It is not your job to try to create a “current” MJ or a “mature” MJ. If that doesn’t exist in his vault already finished or almost finished, don’t try to manufacture it as you did on this song. There is no reason to “upgrade” Michael Jackson – and no person on earth who could do so. By trying, you are only showing the inadequacies of the people involved with writing songs around MJ’s vocal lines. I’m sure that Teddy Riley did not expect the backlash he received. That must have been terribly disappointing to him as well as you. But, it is not a stretch to realize that no one can create another Michael Jackson. Why try?

As a fan, I would buy demos. I can’t imagine why you don’t want to put out an album of demos if that is what you have. Michael Jackson’s brand was mystery and magic. But now that he is gone, I am curious about how he worked as an artist. He told Oprah that, given the opportunity, he’d want to know what made Michelangelo tick. I would like to know what made Michael Jackson, the artist, tick.

I have listened to every demo available on YouTube. I love listening to the progression of work on a song like Billie Jean. And personally, I think the demo of Working Day and Night is far better than the album version. Demos help us to see into Michael the musician. Armond White said we became “unmoored” as a society with MJ’s death. Hearing how he worked musically would help to stabilize us again.

Also, you have innumerable hours of film documentation of Michael recording and working. You probably have material for several documentaries. Why not issue something like that if you don’t have enough completed songs to release? The fans want Michael – not someone else. Please accord us more respect than you have with Breaking News.

And what about songs from previous albums that were completed but not used because they didn’t fit into the flow of the album? Streetwalker was fantastic. Surely there are more like that?

I hope you will realize that you can do far better by Michael Jackson. As a potential customer of yours, I would rather have you take the time you need to do it right. Perhaps you have realized that what you thought would be good did not turn out the way you hoped. There is no shame in going back to the drawing board and starting again. Michael deserves no less.

followup comment by same author a few hours later:
I should also add that I posted this letter here as an opposing view to Mr. Vogel's. While I appreciate this article because he does mention that it should be the song we are considering, not the veracity of the voice (it is clearly MJ on the vocal line - and that's all). Vogel mentions Off the Wall. I'm sorry. Badly played, studio-sounding, disco strings went out in the 70s - for good reason. There was no reason to add them here. And there is a difference between ominous strings coming in like a tidal wave over a mishmash of media voices and an actual musical tapestry with ominous overtones, as MJ was so expert in creating. In addition, there is nothing ominous in MJ's voice and we all know he had the widest range of expression in his voice than perhaps any singer ever. It is clear from how he is using his voice that he was comfortably recording a guide vocal and nothing more. And there is no way to add his biting vocal viciousness to that demo. So, much is wrong about this song musically. I agree with Mr. Vogel that that is the issue we should all be considering.

This article, which was written by a fan, doesn't get into the debate of authenticy, but it's very good about why something like Breaking News should never appear under MJ's name.

Frankly, the song is an insult to his name and legacy.

Fantastic!! I don't know what to say...but I completely agree with this person....

Thanks for posting...:)

I'm sorry, I'm a bit late for this discussion. I registered a few days ago but for some reason couldn't log in until today. I can't find the posts that I wanted to reply to, I'm sure they are there, but looking through 300+ pages is a bit too much. :)

I'm not really a MJ fan, more of a music fan, but I was a teenager in the 80's (yes, I know, I'm old ;) ), so even without being a huge fan, I "grew up" with MJ's music and videos on MTV and always liked them. Some songs more than others and I still like to listen to them sometimes 20 - 25 years later. Which says a lot about the quality of those songs, they never get old. And when I heard there's a new MJ song, of course I wanted to hear it.

My opinion is, it sounds a bit strange at first, but new songs sometimes do, and I also think they just didn't have many takes of the lead vocals to work with, that's why the lead vocals sound a bit different than what we are used to (as in less perfect, which I think is the reason why some people believe they are fake). I don't see why Sony/the estate/whoever would risk releasing fake songs. One of the things that I noticed after a few listens was the "snort" in the second verse, it has been mentioned a couple of times in this thread. For me that's a dead giveaway that the lead vocals are not fake ... you don't leave things like that in a song, not even in cheap productions, so my guess is that they just had this one take (or maybe a couple more, but this one was still the best). With a fake singer it only would have taken them 10 seconds to sing the line again and fix it. But MJ is not with us anymore, so there was no way to fix this.

People were wondering why there are no claps or snaps or stomps in the "a capella" version and seem to confuse this version with the original demo - it's the lead vocal track of the finished song, that's why there are huge gaps and complete silence all over the place. If there are stomps, etc. in the original demo, they'd of course edit them out in the finished version.

The good thing is that I heard quite a lot of great MJ songs that I didn't know in the last couple of of days, because people posted links or mentioned them and I youtubed them - my favorite at the moment is 2000 Watts. :)

The good thing is that I heard quite a lot of great MJ songs that I didn't know in the last couple of of days, because people posted links or mentioned them and I youtubed them - my favorite at the moment is 2000 Watts. :)
You should listen to the whole Invincible album :cheeky: It's a treasure though media always ignores it.

Welcome to the forum btw, and you had some good points in your post!

You should listen to the whole Invincible album :cheeky: It's a treasure though media always ignores it.

I might buy the album actually. ;)

Welcome to the forum btw, and you had some good points in your post!

I was open-minded about Breaking News when I started looking through several threads here, with "open minded" I mean that I had no opinion on the lead vocals and if they are fake or not (only that I didn't know why they would be or why Sony would risk that). But I wanted to see what other people, longtime fans, are thinking.

And I have to say, there is a very long list of things that were posted on here. Things that people thought would be evidence or even proof for the voice being fake. But for every single piece of "evidence" they brought up I knew there was an "innocent" explanation. I just can't remember all of those things anymore, one was the clap/snap thing. The only thing that is true is that there are singers and impersonator with a similar voice. Which can be confusing as hell in some cases, haha. But that alone is no proof. So what it came down to was people saying "I don't feel Michael in this song" and then trying to find proof, misheard lyrics were proof for a moment, then there was this "All I need" song and the other one by that Jason guy that had a similar name but was a totally different song, and people didn't notice at first (which is proof that your ears can play tricks on you and that a bad 20 second snippet with some voice-over is not very good evidence of anything).

Not only were tests done by audio experts, but fans picked this song apart over days. But couldn't find any real evidence. I also think half the people were talking about it not being 100 % Michael Jackson and meant the backing vocals, without really saying that, and the other half thought the lead vocals are fake. I never expected the backing vocals to be MJ, he probably didn't always do them himself anyway, but in this case, the song was unfinished and he couldn't do them anymore. But I think that's when people got even more confused, because they talked about 2 different things at times. What a mess. ;)

Apart from this "seed" planted by some family members (something like that can work even if you don't believe it at first) I think that people just got really emotional, it's the first song (well, more or less) released after Michael's death, I think that's another big reason for all the confusion. I remember some people saying "I only believe it's Michael if Michael himself tells me that it is" - in my opinion that says nothing about the song, but everything about fans obviously missing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back