Do you like Prince? (musician, not MJ's son)

Do you like Prince?

• Total voters

MechaJackson

Proud Member
I've started to really get into his music, my favorite album of his is O(+>.

I really like some of his songs a lot but can't stand some others.

I love Prince.

Thieves in the Temple is one of my favorite songs ever, God it's fantastic.

Shouldn't this be under "Music Makes the World Go 'Round?" :p
It seems rather out-of-place next to the article about the Philadelphia doctor who cuts babies.
In any case, I never cared much for him.

The last album I liked with him was Diamonds and pearls, after that I have not liked anything he released... and I really dislike him as a person...

But you don't know him... :mello:

Oh, I know enough about him to have an opinion about him... considering how he treats his fans and how he comes across in interviews it's pretty easy for me to dislike him.... and yes, during the 80s and early 90s I was in fact quite a big fan of him, but that's history.

Prince is considered by many as the greatest artist of his time, and is surely a very talented musician! I think that you guys who like the 80's music in general (not only MJ) should really give a chance to Prince! If that's your case, I'm sure you'll like many songs of his, as he's not only a great artist from that time, but he released more than 30 studio albums over the years!

If somebody wants a "purple guide", I may suggest the following:

If your favorite MJ album is 'Off The Wall', try Prince's 'For You' and 'Prince'.
If it's 'Thriller', you must try 'Purple Rain' and '1999'.
If it's Bad, then check 'Sign O' The Times' out! 'Lovesexy' has a somewhat similar sound too!

People who prefer 'Dangerous' may like 'Diamond And Pearls', but I think that Prince music pleases more the 80's music fans.

I'm just saying these things because I've became a Prince fan because of Michael Jackson and many of you who don't really know Prince may be losing something you could enjoy! :)

I like a few songs but not much into him :p

Oh, I know enough about him to have an opinion about him... considering how he treats his fans and how he comes across in interviews it's pretty easy for me to dislike him.... and yes, during the 80s and early 90s I was in fact quite a big fan of him, but that's history.

Honestly Prince fans are more jerks then he is... LOL

I've seen Prince doing everything from inviting fans to his house for a week of concerts and discussions. Take them all movies. I went to one of his concerts and he did another concert right after that one for free at restaurant next door. I've seen him kneel down and hug a crying fan in a wheel chair. I've seen him continuously invite a hardcore fan who goes to all his shows a bring him up on stage to sing with him. I've seen Prince open the doors at his sound check and let the fans watch..

imo the problem with Prince in his fans is he opened so many things up to them. That they expect to get it every time. Not to say he's perfect. He's had his screws up and fans have been on the short end of the stick on some his business ventures.... But for the most part I think he's good to his fans. I mean hell i saw some fan ranting and declaring that he was gonna throw away all his Prince stuff because Prince would not let all the fans into private un-announced party in NYC.... Even though the same person said Prince did make attempt to get some fans in

I like some of his singles and his performances , but I think that his studio albums STINK. He makes me laugh, but I have no opinion of the man himself. I don't even know him.

On his 2004 album Musicology, Prince had a lyric that went, "My voice is getting higher/And Eye ain't never had my nose done/That's the other guy."

Prince did say he would show up for the "We Are The World" recording sessions, then pulled a "no show" - the second part that MJ sings (not the first chorus) is the part Prince was supposed to sing...

On his 2004 album Musicology, Prince had a lyric that went, "My voice is getting higher/And Eye ain't never had my nose done/That's the other guy."

Prince did say he would show up for the "We Are The World" recording sessions, then pulled a "no show" - the second part that MJ sings (not the first chorus) is the part Prince was supposed to sing...

The first one is not about Michael. The "other guy" is not Michael.

He also told the organizers of We Are The World that he wasn't going to show up because he didn't feel comfortable. He describes this in his song Hello.

Prince has also said a few good things about Michael. He even went out of his way to play Shake A Body... on his 20Ten tour along with his song Mountains.

Ok so then who is "the other guy"? It's a clear reference to Michael. I know Prince and Michael had a friendly rivalry and that they hung out together but that is an obvious dig to MJ.

KingMikeJ;3250760 said:
Ok so then who is "the other guy"? It's a clear reference to Michael. I know Prince and Michael had a friendly rivalry and that they hung out together but that is an obvious dig to MJ.

No, other guy mean anybody else. "It's not me, that's somebody else, that's the other guy."

That's what he's saying the other guy is not Michael.

Here's some more on Prince and MJ:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQJxUjaxQe8&feature=related

PRINCE (THE SINGER) TALKS ABOUT MICHAEL
Prince talks Michael Jackson, pays tribute to Jackson 5: 'It is always sad to lose someone you love'
October 16, 2:22 AM Pop Media
Performer, and singer extraordinaire, Prince, in a new interview breaks his silence about the death of his peer, Michael Jackson. Prince speaks specifically of concerts, what Michael Jackson showed him as an artist, and his thoughts on MJ's untimely death.
When asked about his years of cultivating the art of surprise concerts in exceptional locations, Prince revealed, "I now prefer this format above the traditional tour, it tempts me more. I like being the first and the last to do something. When I played in London in 2007, the O ² Arena, I asked the producers what had been the record number of shows played consecutely in their venue. They said six. I said that I wanted to do twenty-one. During two weeks they refused me, nobody had ever played for so long. All concerts were nevertheless sold out. Since then, Michael Jackson showed me that I should go farther (Michael Jackson had planned to fifty concerts in this venue for what should be his big comeback)."
When asked if his performance of the Jackson 5 Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground) at his concert at the Grand Palais was a tribute, he replied, "My singer Elisa has the same timbre as Michael when he was young. And a good song is a good song." The mood shifted when Prince was asked about his feelings on the death of Michael Jackson, "(Prince, obviously reluctant, does not want to dwell on the subject.) It is always sad to lose someone you loved."

Even if he did hate Michael, it really wouldn't matter.

And Prince even wrote a song called '4 The Tears In Your Eyes' for the 'We Are The World' EP (which is, actually, the best song from the album), so he actually contributed!

I LOVE Prince. I have been so urgently into Prince for a good two months now, I can't get enough of him. Really well written songs, but super quirky too!

I like many of his songs. But he never had the effect Michael has had on me for the last 30 years. He covered DSTYGE at the LA Forum back in April.

I'm not really into him, but I like some of his songs, especially "Purple Rain" and "Kiss" :yes:

I do love Prince, have been a fan for almost as long as I've ben an MJ fan, I just dislike the way he becomes with years... He's into his religious belief, whatever question you ask him he just answer something from 'his' Bible (JW).
And I hate the way he doesn't announces his shows, he just shows up and do a show, sorry dude but not everybody has 500$ on the side 365 days a year IN CASE you'll show up in the evening... Some people who likes you have to SAVE MONEY in order to be able to see you one day.
I also have a problem with the way he releases his albums recently.. We've had the strickly european newspaper album release, so I never got this one... we've had the strickly internet album release, haven't got this one either...
I miss the days when I'd go in my HMV and buy the actual CD at the store... And that's when they are affordable.. Emancipation was what.. 125$ when it was reease.. and Crystal Ball, even more if I remember... I've seen lotus flower for 40$. Sorry, it may be quality, but it's only entertainement, shouldn't be that expensive.
Now I just don't know what his music sounds like since I can't find his albums in the store and since he's nowhere to be found on the net (youtube etc)...

So I listen to my old cds knowing I probably miss some good music, but hey, it's not that I don't want to get it, he doesn't let me...

Other than that... well, he's getting sexier as years go by.

BTW there is already a thread about Prince...

I have to write in this thread again..

BECAUSE PRINCE JUST ANNOUNCED HE'LL BE IN MONTREAL IN 10 DAYS, JUNE 24TH AND 25TH AT THE METROPOLIS!!!

I had to ask my friend for money to be able to buy a ticket, but I HAVE to be there, been waiting for that for 15 years!!!
I told her I'd be her slave until the end of my life! And I totally mean it!!!

OMG!!!!

I think he's a jerk and I never liked his music. My friend has tried many times to get me to like "Purple Rain", but I don't like it. haha

He's very talented and I like many of his songs. What bothers me about him is that he has a super ego. Once he demanded all of his pictures and videos to be removed from fan sites.

Back