Official Clarification From The Estate Regarding The Mijac - Sony/ATV Situation

Guys

I have been given permission to share the below with you all from the Estate.

------ Forwarded Message
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 15:18:31 -0600
To: Jeff *****
Subject: Michael Jackson/Mijac

Jeff:

I understand that you are being asked a lot of questions about Mijac.

Yes, there is a matching right that Michael granted to Sony/ATV but they only get to administer the catalog for a limited term AND only if they agree to unprecedented favorable terms. We will not relinquish ultimate control and ownership to anyone. We have favorably refinanced the loans on Mijac which will be paid off and the catalog WILL absolutely be passed to Michael's children as long as we have anything to say about it.

Sony/ATV is a great company and the Estate owns half of it but no one, not even Sony/ATV, will ever own Mijac while John McClain and I remain in charge.

The current Sony team is the one Michael chose to work with on the Thriller 25 release and they are good partners. As stated in the recent court filings, they worked with us to refinance the burdensome debt that had been placed on Michael's interest in Sony/ATV to very favorable terms, an important achievement which insures that Mijac and Michael’s masters remain secure for the benefit of Michael's children for years to come.

I would appreciate your sharing this with the fans that are asking questions.

Thanks – John

John Branca
Co-Executor
The Estate Of Michael Jackson
Los Angeles, CA

Re: Official Clarification on Mijac - Sony/ATV Situation

That was unexpected.

Thanks Gaz.

Re: Official Clarification on Mijac - Sony/ATV Situation

Thanks, Gaz. Good to know they intend to preserve the assets for the children's benefit and possession down the line. :flowers:

Thanks Gaz for sharing this with us. Leaves less room for speculation.
I'm happy to know that Michael's part of the Sony/ATV catalog will be preserved for his children.

good to hear and very nice of Branca to send an explanation to us fans.

nvm question answered :)

Last edited:
He's talking about MIJAC being managed by Sony/ATV.

He's talking about MIJAC being managed by Sony/ATV.

Ah..so when he says "the catalog WILL absolutely be passed to Michael's children as long as we have anything to say about it. " it's the Mijac catalog,...Gotcha..That's great!..Hope he intends to do the same with the Sony/ATV one too :p

Ah..so when he says "the catalog WILL absolutely be passed to Michael's children as long as we have anything to say about it. " it's the Mijac catalog...Gotcha..Hope he intends to do the same with the Sony/ATV one too :p

Well he says that Sony/ATV is refinanced in good terms - which means that it's more secure as the conditions are more favorable now.

So there's a bit of good information about Sony/ATV in it as well.

But his main point/ promise is the protection / holding on to ownership / passing to MJ's children of Michael's own music/ masters/ catalog which is MIJAC.

Well he says that Sony/ATV is refinanced in very good terms - which means that it's more secure as the conditions are more favorable now.

So there's a bit of good information about Sony/ATV in it as well.

But his main point/ promise is the protection / holding on to ownership / passing to MJ's children of Michael's own music/ masters/ catalog which is MIJAC.

Good news..Thanks Ivy :cheers:

Thank You John Branca for taking the time.

It's best to put the correct information out there as quickly as possible...because too many are speculating and spreading half truths

^^^ True and *copy/save*.

I'm sure The Estate knows by now that NOBODY can hide anything from us and the smallest faux pas on their part would've negative consequences.

Sony and The Estate are being watched like a hawk by the best team of detectives in the world: Michael's army of Love. :cheeky:

Did anyone else notice the fact that he makes no mention of their intent to perserve MJ's stake in Sony/ATV? I think this is quite glaring.

I'm very nervous...

^^I didn't notice it until you said something. Well, we can go with the fact that that particular issue is not what's at stake at the moment, right? Or did I miss something. They were simply clarifying what was said in a recent article about MiJac, correct? :)

Did anyone else notice the fact that he makes no mention of their intent to perserve MJ's stake in Sony/ATV? I think this is quite glaring.

I'm very nervous...

I notice that too, and I find it odd when I read it. We all knew how hard Michael fight to keep his Sony/ATV catalog.

I thought the fans had doubts about Sony / ATV, not Mijac. Why are they talking about Mijac? Of course Mijac is far more important than Sony/ATV, but conspiracy theories always pointed Sony / ATV as the cause of this whole nightmare. MJ said he would NEVER sell Sony/ATV, so we want an answer about that.

Anyway, good to know about Mijac.

I'm very nervous...

^^I didn't notice it until you said something. Well, we can go with the fact that that particular issue is not what's at stake at the moment, right? Or did I miss something. They were simply clarifying what was said in a recent article about MiJac, correct? :)

I thought the fans had doubts about Sony / ATV, not Mijac. Why are they talking about Mijac? Of course Mijac is far more important than Sony/ATV, but conspiracy theories always pointed Sony / ATV as the cause of this whole nightmare. MJ said he would NEVER sell Sony/ATV, so we want an answer about that.

Anyway, good to know about Mijac.

In case you didn't know there was a recent news that said that publishing management of MIJAC could move from Warner to Sony.

This is the issue that John Branca is addressing here.

The new possible development at hand has nothing to do with Sony/ATV and it's totally about MIJAC.

That's why he's only mentioning the current issue.

In case we didn't know there was a recent news that said that publishing management of MIJAC could move from Warner to Sony.

This is the issue that John Branca is addressing here.

The new possible development at hand has nothing to do with Sony/ATV and it's totally about MIJAC.

That's why he's only mentioning the current issue.

I know that, but I think the questions about Sony/ATV are more serious. The issues about Mijac were only about who would administer MJ's catalog. But it's great to know that they will not sell Mijac. In my opinion Mijac is the most important catalog of the planet. But keeping the Sony/ATV is a matter of justice.

Back