MJJC 25th June UK meet up at the O2 London

Beccabubbles

Proud Member
There is a big meet up with lots of fans at the O2 happening on the 25th of June.
The event is on facebook for all that are on there, here is a link:
http://www.facebook.com/?sk=events&ap=1#!/event.php?eid=133015860061683

For anybody not on facebook, here is the information as posted on there:​

"On June 25th 2011 fans from around the world will come together at the 02 in London where Michael was to perform his final concerts.

Fans are invited to gather at the 02 to support each other and pay tribute to the Greatest Entertainer that ever lived.

Please have lunch before arriving at 12.30 p.m. or you may eat at the 02 as there are many eateries available.
There will be tributes throughout the day from fans who wish to celebrate Michael’s Dance and Song. We aim to make this a celebration of Michael's life and legacy and will showcase every era of his performing career.

Fans will be able to leave floral tributes, pictures, messages in an area laid aside.

A minutes silence will be held at 10.26 p.m.

There will also be a candle lit vigil in the evening.

We have a diverse range of talent and the following will be performing/speaking at the event:

Performers List:

Ben Powponne
Kishantha De Silva
Corville Cuffy
Vince Leyenda
Hayden Richards
Lee Curtis 'James' Dawkins
Zoe 'Lady MJ' De Silva
Michael Lafferty
Jarrod Morrison
John-Paul Stuthridge
Chloe Kelly
Mitch Mimms
Perry Pullman
Phonchrist
Sophie-Marie MJJ
Faith Jordan

All fans have the option of performing on the day, please ask one of the organisers.

For those of you who want to perform then please contact Kate Palmer or leave a message on this page. We are always looking for volunteers who would like to help out the event so please do get in touch if you're interested in taking part."

I know a lot of you are already planning to go there, so I think we will all meet there at the O2.

Transport

Here is the link to the london transport:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/realtime/track.aspx?offset=17
There are qutie a few tube closures for this date so check before you travel.

Accomodation

Just a few links for hotels in the area:

http://www2.travelodge.co.uk/
http://www.premierinn.com/en/home.action?CMP=KNC_Ga
http://www.booking.com/searchresult...group_adults=1&group_children=0&clear_group=1
http://www.hoteldirect.co.uk/london/
http://www.laterooms.com/en/Hotels....&n=1&rt=1-0&distanceUnit=Miles&currencies=GBP
http://www.lastminute.com/hotels-d10073-london-hotels

I will be updating this first post and thread with more info, and if you have any questions feel free to post here in the thread or PM me.

Much love,
Becca
xxx

Last edited:
I will update this thread with any/all plans for the day.
Just a reminder to everybody, if you are swapping telephone numbers with friends so you can meet up on the day, please send them by pm and not in the thread for safty :)
I will be there and if anybody needs a contact for the day, PM me and i will give you my number as a central contact.
Becca
xxx

Not sure yet am coming. Got to sort a couple of things though. Three friends of mine are not coming for the event. Which miss l might end up being alone....

Hi Becca

I think I might be able to make this, my aunt would like to come too. Thing is in the past I've always gone up early and its quiet - are most people planning to arrive later in the day or for 12.30 as scheduled?

Suzie

Thanks for posting, I don't have facebook so this is the first time I've seen it. Recognise a couple of names in that list from over the years, I had no idea all that was happening. Well, I hope to see lots of old and new faces, Lord knows we need each other that day more than ever. :cry:

Do you think it might be a good idea to merge these threads as there are now several on this same subject and with all due respect the facebook link and details for people without facebook were all in the other thread ages ago so it seems a bit strange to have a whole new thread on it with all the same stuff.

Becca do u know if you have decided to stay at the same hotel?

Hey hun, we're not in the same one as we all stayed in last year, we're going to be in the London City airport one, have you figured out whether you can make it yet? It would be really great to see you again.

Are children welcome to come I am thinking of bringing my younger daughter (my older daughter is 19 so I know she would be allowed but not sure about my 6 year old). I dont have facebook so I cant check with the person who is organizing the event so was wondering if anyone here would know?

@Stacey just booked the flight arriving Friday noon. Please do post more information about the hotel. Looking forward to seeing you all:)

Hey hun, we're not in the same one as we all stayed in last year, we're going to be in the London City airport one, have you figured out whether you can make it yet? It would be really great to see you again.

Any idea how much the hotel is going to cost Stace? :)

Are children welcome to come I am thinking of bringing my younger daughter (my older daughter is 19 so I know she would be allowed but not sure about my 6 year old). I dont have facebook so I cant check with the person who is organizing the event so was wondering if anyone here would know?

I saw quite a few children enjoying last year's event...it was a hot day and they enjoyed watching the performances and running through the fountain to cool off. However it looks like being a much bigger crowd this year...so it may depend if she is OK with crowds. At least the O2 has a few reasonably family-friendly places to retreat to for food and drink. Being practical, I'll bet there'll be queues for the loos though!

I'm not sure about the evening, as I didn't stay late last year..it gets a bit tiring on the feet.

Last edited:
I saw quite a few children enjoying last year's event...it was a hot day and they enjoyed watching the performances and running through the fountain to cool off. However it looks like being a much bigger crowd this year...so it may depend if she is OK with crowds. At least the O2 has a few reasonably family-friendly places to retreat to for food and drink. Being practical, I'll bet there'll be queues for the loos though!

I'm not sure about the evening, as I didn't stay late last year..it gets a bit tiring on the feet.

Yeah there were several children there last year, there often is at these events. From personal experience I would say it would depend on the child. If you have a sensitive child who is likely to get upset easily given the situation, and the fact there will be many adults who are emotional attending, then it might be best not to bring them. If you have a child who takes everything in their stride and would be able to enjoy the music and dancing or join in then I'm sure they will be fine.

I took a child who is a huge MJ fan along to an event in 09 who was sensitive and I regretted it, he found it all too much and was upset. And also yeah, by the evening he just flaked and started lying on the ground lol.

It depends on the child as an individual rather than the age as well, the child I took was 7 at the time but a very sensitive chap and I would probably not consider taking him again for some time even now, but there is another little boy aged 5 who is dying to come along some day who I think would actually get into it and enjoy it a lot, plus he has more energy so might not just collapse come the evening lol.

Definitely worth weighing it all up.

Hi Becca

I think I might be able to make this, my aunt would like to come too. Thing is in the past I've always gone up early and its quiet - are most people planning to arrive later in the day or for 12.30 as scheduled?

Suzie

I think there will be people there for the majority of the day. I'll be getting there around that time. People tend to turn up at different parts of the day, so its nice because you can come along when ever you like. But there will be people there from around that time, prob gettting busier throughout the day. x

Becca do u know if you have decided to stay at the same hotel?

As Stacey said, we are in the city airport hotel. So glad your coming over, cant wait to see you x

There were children there last time, they were enjoying the music! I could contact them for you if you'd like me to check but i'm sure there will be other children there. x

Trying to book at City Hotel having trouble with booking. Anyone else who has experience this?

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Outta interest, what time are people planning to get to the O2?

xxx

Me and Motsey will be there between 12 and 12:30. Going to have lunch before the official start time at 12:30 but not sure whether to have it at the o2 or at the places just down the road as they're cheaper lol.

I agree with Spoonie - it depends on the child.

My daughter is 17 but in a wheelchair - she comes to many MJ events with me and she's coming this time too. Even if your daughter finds it too much she will probably enjoy some of the performances. It's a long day for a little one.

I already had my name down for this event - I guess it's where everyone wants to be!

I was ast the O2 on july 13 (2009). I hope you will have a good gettogether there...I'll be staying in Holland this year.

I think that i'm going to stay at home this year - am supposed to be saving money and already seeing Thriller Live (for the 2nd time) on wednesday! Hope everyone meets loads of lovely new people - oh, and Becca, Stacey and Sophie, no tears! ;) loads and loads of love, Hannah xx

There is a notice on the facebook site re. potentially large crowds......thought it was worth a mention for those with youngsters planning to come.........

'Just to warn everyone, Glee is on at the O2 on Saturday - TWICE, so there will be 15-20 thousand for the afternoon, and another 15-20 thousand there for the evening show. The cinema at the O2 are also trying to break the world record for most amount of people dressed as Smurfs as well, and need more than 2510 to break the record. So with us all there as well, there could be more than 40,000 people in and around the O2 on Saturday. Should be an interesting mix..'

Wonder if anyone will turn up as an 'MJ-tribute smurf'???

I think that i'm going to stay at home this year - am supposed to be saving money and already seeing Thriller Live (for the 2nd time) on wednesday! Hope everyone meets loads of lovely new people - oh, and Becca, Stacey and Sophie, no tears! ;) loads and loads of love, Hannah xx

Aw, I wish you were coming Hannah. :( But hopefully see you another time? I can't promise no tears but I will definitely try! :) I hate this day with a passion...

And smurfs? Oh lord...

Back