MJJC 25th June UK meet up at the O2 London

28svu6d.jpg

Brilliant! Just perfect. (Just need a time machine with reverse gear....soon! Sigh:cry:).

:smurf::smurf::smurf::smurf::smurf::smurf::smurf::smurf::smurf::smurf::smurf::smurf::smurf::smurf::smurf::smurf:

Last edited:
Is the travelodge full? I THINK I heard it was. I know the Ibis has been full for months eek! We're staying at some random hotel near the o2, but we're there from Friday.

I have checked and that particular branch is full now however there are many other hotels free - any1 thats looking i've posted some links in the first post of this thread.

I think that i'm going to stay at home this year - am supposed to be saving money and already seeing Thriller Live (for the 2nd time) on wednesday! Hope everyone meets loads of lovely new people - oh, and Becca, Stacey and Sophie, no tears! ;) loads and loads of love, Hannah xx

Hope to see you another time Hannah, like Stacey said i cant promise no tears cause i wear my heart on my sleave i'm afraid! But i'll sure try, just for you xxx

There is a notice on the facebook site re. potentially large crowds......thought it was worth a mention for those with youngsters planning to come.........

'Just to warn everyone, Glee is on at the O2 on Saturday - TWICE, so there will be 15-20 thousand for the afternoon, and another 15-20 thousand there for the evening show. The cinema at the O2 are also trying to break the world record for most amount of people dressed as Smurfs as well, and need more than 2510 to break the record. So with us all there as well, there could be more than 40,000 people in and around the O2 on Saturday. Should be an interesting mix..'

Wonder if anyone will turn up as an 'MJ-tribute smurf'???

There will be large crowds, as someone said earlier, last year it was Bon Jovi and it didn't seem to interfere. But luckily the area is large enough for people to be pretty spread out. I didn't know about the smurf thing going on at the cinema, thanks for posting :)

Becca xxx

As been mentioned there's a Smurf world record attempt being held on that day which I think is very apt actually-Michael would get such a kick out of that! Glee are performing that night but like Becca said Bon Jovi last year didn't interfere with it. Can't wait to see all the old and new faces. We need to be together on days like this :(

Just wondered whether people are bringing something along to express their love for Michael? I have been woking like crazy so I haven't had time to make/write anything - but I have had really good ideas, one of them being to make a chain of hearts (like around 2005 trial time) and pinning it around the O2 for everyone to write their messages of love for Michael on - I really haven't had any time to do this though esp since 25th is now tomorrow lol! I might just make one massive heart and find a lovely pic of Mike (will be difficult to choose since they are all lovely!) and stick it in the middle with a message of our love for MJ beside him....any other ideas?

So what is everyone else taking to the O2?

I'm just taking myself and a Garden Prayer to put up.. beautiful poem about losing someone.

See you all there at the O2 today, anyone who would like my number as a central number PM me or tweet me here: http://twitter.com/#!/MrsBeccabubbles and i'll give you me mobile number.
Sending love and strength to everyon around the world today :hugs: if you'renot here with us at the O2, we're with you in spirit.
Becca
xxx

I don't live in the UK and I'm not very social anyway, so I can't go. Be strong, you guys, and have as good a time as you can for me.

I'm so glad I went today to show my never ending love for Michael. It was lovely meeting everyone!

What did everyone think of the day? I loved seeing so many fans and so many people I knew but kind of felt like the o2 didn't want us there. When we arrived we could hear loud MJ tracks playing and thought that Kate and Vince's sound system must have been amazing until we realised it was coming from the coke bus. It was a shame they didn't keep playing MJ tracks and changed to other music and that we couldn't really hear the sound system over the bus.

Thought it was sad how the o2 staff kept moving us, wanted tributes taken down and especially when they interfered with the circle - and in such a rude way too. A few of us were talking about how it's on a Monday next year so maybe the o2 would be a bit more accommodating as they won't have much else on but looks like people want the venue changed.

I did think the atmosphere was good and all the dancing I saw was good (I wasn't being anti-social by sitting so far back by the way - I actually cannot tolerate being in the sun as I burn very easily so was trying to keep in the shade lol)

I know Motsey was not keen on a lot of the things that happened on the day and we both agreed we would have liked to have seen more of the candle lit vigil like last year, but have since been told this was down to the o2 staff putting a stop to it "for safety reasons".

So yeah, mixed feelings about the day, but ultimately I was glad to see so many fans still turning up and carrying on despite all the interruptions.

What about everyone else?

Just a quick note to say that (although I didn't go this year...felt too sad), I am really puzzled as to why the O2 doesn't capitalise on this, and really help to make it a special day. The fans who go are still customers of the restaurants, cafes etc in the O2, even if not attending an entertainment event. And surely a positive experience at a fan day would encourage people to return for other events. I think AEG are just too big to bother about a mere thousand potential customers.

Back